« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2013, 05:17:33 PM »

Re: Pregame Predictions - Penn State
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2013, 05:19:51 PM »
70-69 SJU.

Obekpa's foul shot wins game.

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2013, 06:59:43 PM »
A pitiful few number of SJU fans in attendance

I don't blame anyone for skipping this game. This arena is a trash bag. It reminds me of the old Brendan Byrne Arena in New Jersey. No seat is a good seat. They charge way too much money for a game at this level. No ticket should be more $75, period, and all uppers are not worth more than $10.

I went last year when we played got a seat downstairs for relatively cheap and thought the lower level was great.  I heard upstairs was pretty steep ala old Yankee Stadium.

I know you are a season ticket holder like I and yeah I hate that its not part of our package.  But I root for SJU so I try to go.  I found a ticket today for 40 bucks downstairs.  To see 2 college hoops games thats fine by me.
St. John's, the Barclays Center and tournament organizers should have included these games as part of the SJU season ticket package at slightly reduced prices as are our garden tickets. they would have made more money and put more fannies in the seats-a win win. We are the only real local team in the Barclay's so treating us differently than the other 3 semifinalists makes sense. Wonder what our players think when they look up and see an empty arena in our own back yard. And we want to be considered NYC's team.

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2013, 10:16:25 PM »
ftr-- all in good fun..

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, even Linda and Celtics, my two buddies.

It was great until I listened to this game, now I have indigestion.