Pregame Predictions - Penn State

• 43 replies

Poison

Re: Pregame Predictions - Penn State
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
Penn State- 82

STJ- 61

Lavin resigns at halftime!

..Only because Prokhorov fires Kidd and hires Lavin... Kidd comes out to coach the second half for us..

Jordan just leaves due to the confusion.. "First you say I'm better than this guy, now he's my coach"

Poison's head spontaneously combusts in the crowd much to the dismay of those around him.. Ironically enough...he bleeds orange.  ;)

MCNPA and Redstorm212- tell us not to worry, we are better off anyway

Paultz links all 12.543 tweets about the ridiculous event

WASJU tells everyone that he predicted this all along .

Linda creates a 4200 word post about why Kidd should be fired after the game that makes less sense than the one about Norm being a better talent evaluator than Lavin... Celtics nods in agreement and then falls back asleep.

My head explodes every game

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 09:04:07 AM »
Boo
If Kidd coaches the team he would be 2nd best passer on the team according to Lavin

Pen State 77
SJU 68

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 12:33:49 PM »
NFL ( Non football league ) - 69
Sandusky                                - 66
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:35:25 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Moose

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 12:40:29 PM »
A pitiful few number of SJU fans in attendance
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 12:41:53 PM »

That's a given.  However, Carmine and his posse will be in the house.

Poison

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 01:12:14 PM »

I don't blame anyone for skipping this game. This arena is a trash bag. It reminds me of the old Brendan Byrne Arena in New Jersey. No seat is a good seat. They charge way too much money for a game at this level. No ticket should be more $75, period, and all uppers are not worth more than $10.

Moose

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 01:18:33 PM »

I don't blame anyone for skipping this game. This arena is a trash bag. It reminds me of the old Brendan Byrne Arena in New Jersey. No seat is a good seat. They charge way too much money for a game at this level. No ticket should be more $75, period, and all uppers are not worth more than $10.

I went last year when we played got a seat downstairs for relatively cheap and thought the lower level was great.  I heard upstairs was pretty steep ala old Yankee Stadium.

I know you are a season ticket holder like I and yeah I hate that its not part of our package.  But I root for SJU so I try to go.  I found a ticket today for 40 bucks downstairs.  To see 2 college hoops games thats fine by me.

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 01:19:37 PM »

They're not selling upper level seats for this tournament, thank god. Playing at the Barclays Center does nothing for a fanbase that regularly plays at MSG. I can't wait for our game vs Columbia there 3 days after Christmas, you will probably be able to count the fans in attendance on one hand.

Poison

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 01:27:21 PM »

I went last year when we played got a seat downstairs for relatively cheap and thought the lower level was great.  I heard upstairs was pretty steep ala old Yankee Stadium.

I know you are a season ticket holder like I and yeah I hate that its not part of our package.  But I root for SJU so I try to go.  I found a ticket today for 40 bucks downstairs.  To see 2 college hoops games thats fine by me.

Oh, I'm going. In just not buying them from Barclays. I'll buy from the thugs outside.

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2013, 01:34:52 PM »
Penn State- 82

STJ- 61

Lavin resigns at halftime!

..Only because Prokhorov fires Kidd and hires Lavin... Kidd comes out to coach the second half for us..

Jordan just leaves due to the confusion.. "First you say I'm better than this guy, now he's my coach"

Poison's head spontaneously combusts in the crowd much to the dismay of those around him.. Ironically enough...he bleeds orange.  ;)

MCNPA and Redstorm212- tell us not to worry, we are better off anyway

Paultz links all 12.543 tweets about the ridiculous event

WASJU tells everyone that he predicted this all along .

Linda creates a 4200 word post about why Kidd should be fired after the game that makes less sense than the one about Norm being a better talent evaluator than Lavin... Celtics nods in agreement and then falls back asleep.

Well done Boo!

desco80

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2013, 02:09:39 PM »

They're not selling upper level seats for this tournament, thank god. Playing at the Barclays Center does nothing for a fanbase that regularly plays at MSG. I can't wait for our game vs Columbia there 3 days after Christmas, you will probably be able to count the fans in attendance on one hand.

I think of it this way - we're getting 3 road games that essentially are home games for our kids.    Will there be good crowds?  No.    But if the option is play this game in Brooklyn or play these same teams in Disney?   I'll take Brooklyn and the easy mass transit.   If we had a chance to be in the NIT at MSG that would be different. 
But short of msg or Maui .. brooklyn isn't a bad fallback option for these "neutral site" games.

By the way - that code I posted still works, for anybody looking to get tickets for today or tomorrow.   $45, lower level corner seats - are $37 when you eliminate the fees.   
http://barclayscenterots.com/Special_Offer_PlumBenefits.html

Poison

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2013, 02:37:26 PM »

I think of it this way - we're getting 3 road games that essentially are home games for our kids.    Will there be good crowds?  No.    But if the option is play this game in Brooklyn or play these same teams in Disney?   I'll take Brooklyn and the easy mass transit.   If we had a chance to be in the NIT at MSG that would be different. 
But short of msg or Maui .. brooklyn isn't a bad fallback option for these "neutral site" games.

By the way - that code I posted still works, for anybody looking to get tickets for today or tomorrow.   $45, lower level corner seats - are $37 when you eliminate the fees.   
http://barclayscenterots.com/Special_Offer_PlumBenefits.html

Thank you. I think I'll take my chances outside the arena. If this was Syracuse or Duke, that price would be appropriate. For Penn State, those seats are worth half that. If that.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:38:52 PM by Poison »

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2013, 02:39:39 PM »
I went to the Barclays game last year against SFBK. I have been to the arena a couple times and I really don't love it. The view from the upper deck is pretty poor and it's really dark. But the tournament aspect really helps, I saw a good Fordham/Princeton game and a little bit of Michigan/West Virginia.

Moose

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »
I went to the Barclays game last year against SFBK. I have been to the arena a couple times and I really don't love it. The view from the upper deck is pretty poor and it's really dark. But the tournament aspect really helps, I saw a good Fordham/Princeton game and a little bit of Michigan/West Virginia.

You think its darker than the Garden?  MSG and the old Forum in LA are by far the darkest arenas out there.  If they were trying to imitate them its smart on their part.

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2013, 02:46:52 PM »

You think its darker than the Garden?  MSG and the old Forum in LA are by far the darkest arenas out there.  If they were trying to imitate them its smart on their part.

I don't know about the renovated Garden (thanks for pricing me out Jimmy) but I couldn't see my friend next to me's face last year. It was super dark.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:47:49 PM by HowCouldUBeSoHarkless »

gman

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2013, 02:53:29 PM »

I though the upper level was pretty dark. They also have those curtains that block out light from the hallways

SJUFAN

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2013, 02:54:50 PM »
PSU is a high scoring team, we need to start the game in our 3-2 defense and take away their perimeter game. I liked the way Jordan played the 2nd half against Longwood, hopefully the jitters are gone. We're going to need our guys to rebound and knock down some shots, I think they will.

SJU 74
PSU 69

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »

I don't blame anyone for skipping this game.

I blame everyone for skipping any of our games.  Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan?  Makes no difference to me.  Any borough is just right for cheering on the Johnnies.

Poison

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2013, 03:48:26 PM »

I blame everyone for skipping any of our games.  Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan?  Makes no difference to me.  Any borough is just right for cheering on the Johnnies.

That's ridiculous. Who makes every single game?

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2013, 03:49:08 PM »

Unless 1 cannot afford the price or are unavailable, I think fan and especially season ticket holders should try to get there...part of reason for going is enjoyment/fandom and part is supporting the team...But, many NYers are only interested if it is a big game