Penn State Game - Player of the Game

• 8 replies

desco80

Penn State Game - Player of the Game
« on: November 29, 2013, 10:32:54 PM »
To me it was either Max or Phil.   Max finally broke out, but I think Phil played a very efficient game.  Almost 50% shooting, no turnovers.   I was impressed.
But I'll give my vote to Max.   He single handedly made our 3pt shooting a weapon. 

Re: Penn State Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 10:35:22 PM »
 Agree, Max is the man ths game.  He was one f the few bright spots on the court.

Moose

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 10:40:10 PM »
Gotta give it to Max.
Phil did bring us back during that run after starting 0-5 from the field.
Funny if Dee hits his other FT he probably gets a heckuva lot more votes.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 10:49:31 PM »
Since I didn't see game I really shouldn't have voted but since people vote in national elections with even less knowledge and at least I had the statistical info I figured WTF and voted anyway! For CO as if 13 boards and 7 blocks are not impressive enough he is a big with 3 assists and maybe only 6 pts but I know he doesn't take a lot of shots.

MCNPA

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 12:28:47 AM »
Player of the game?  DJ Newbill or Frazier... Take your pick.  I think we should only select player of the game if we win.  Best SJU player?  Didn't see the game, but it has to be Obekpa.  Extremely difficult task to grab 13 boards and 7 blocks.  Hoope did the more glorious task of making threes, but Obekpa owned the boards both rebounding snd blocking shots.  He did his part, except for his reported bonehead play at the end of the game, which I didn't see.

Most consistent player thus far has been Philly Greene.  Have to love his play over past 3 games. 

Moose

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 01:11:33 AM »
Player of the game?  DJ Newbill or Frazier... Take your pick.  I think we should only select player of the game if we win.  Best SJU player?  Didn't see the game, but it has to be Obekpa.  Extremely difficult task to grab 13 boards and 7 blocks.  Hoope did the more glorious task of making threes, but Obekpa owned the boards both rebounding snd blocking shots.  He did his part, except for his reported bonehead play at the end of the game, which I didn't see.

Most consistent player thus far has been Philly Greene.  Have to love his play over past 3 games. 

Nice to pick a player of the game just looking at stats :)
If Hooper didn't show up and give us those 5 treys we get our butts handed to us. Then again he fouled late and it was called flagrant and put a bow on the game for PSU.

PSU had minimal fromtcourt so Chris should have dominated boards. And he played strong D in 2nd but then as with all our players it seems his biggest gaffes came down the stretch when he stupidly picked up foul tangled up on the floor with PSU player all the way behind a play or when he decided to be Eli and throw a home run ball into 3 players when holding the ball might seal things.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 01:57:48 AM »

If Hooper didn't show up and give us those 5 treys we get our butts handed to us. Then again he fouled late and it was called flagrant and put a bow on the game for PSU.

PSU had minimal fromtcourt so Chris should have dominated boards. And he played strong D in 2nd but then as with all our players it seems his biggest gaffes came down the stretch when he stupidly picked up foul tangled up on the floor with PSU player all the way behind a play or when he decided to be Eli and throw a home run ball into 3 players when holding the ball might seal things.
[/quote

4 guys showed up and that was it.  Chris, Phil, DLO and Max.  Hooper kept us close throughout.  Phil brought us back.  Harrison helped close but he took 19 shots and scored 20 pts not efficient but he rarely is.   

Phil and Harrison perimeter defense....not good to say the least. It's a one of many weaknesses with the team.   Chris covers up so many errors on D.   I voted for Phil but Hooper could get it too.  If Chris didnt make that dumb outlet pass up two in overtime he might have gotten some more votes as well.   I hated that play.  But i love the way he is rebounding this year along with the blocks.

Team is underachieving...Penn State went 2-16 in Big Ten last year.  If you didnt know that watching game you'd think they were the favorites and better team. 

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:01:33 AM by B-Squared »

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 02:43:41 AM »

Max couldn't commit a flagrant foul if you gave him a sledge hammer!  :)

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 11:46:04 AM »
Frazier took A dive. He went down like he got shot and stayed down until the flagrant was called then he bounced up and hit more free throws.