Surprise W

• 18 replies

Poison

Surprise W
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:16:03 AM »
I'm going with Creighton. We have no business losing to a team from Omaha.

Re: Surprise W
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:48:09 AM »
I went with Creighton as well. They struggled with athletic teams in GW and San Diego St. So I think if St. John's plays like against GT in the second half pressing and up tempo they could upset Creighton.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 11:57:53 AM »
I don't think the G-Town should be a surprise win.  Also, what is a surprise win?  a game we are over a 10pt underdog?  Only 'Cuse and MU will be over 10pts.  the other 2 will be around 7-9pt spreads.  We beat Nova as long as we box and one Ryan A.

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 12:12:33 PM »
Perhaps a more salient question is who  can we upset on the road, since we will be dogs in most, if not all of them.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »
To the 5 people who picked SU, where are you ordering your weed from? May I have the number?

Poison

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 12:17:42 PM »
I don't think the G-Town should be a surprise win.  Also, what is a surprise win?  a game we are over a 10pt underdog?  Only 'Cuse and MU will be over 10pts.  the other 2 will be around 7-9pt spreads.  We beat Nova as long as we box and one Ryan A.

I think Marquette is in trouble this year.

paultzman

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 12:18:48 PM »
To the 5 people who picked SU, where are you ordering your weed from? May I have the number?

The Mayor of Toronto.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 12:19:29 PM »

The Mayor of Toronto.

LOL

desco80

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 12:22:27 PM »
I think our best chance for a surprising road victory will be @ Villanova.     That game is late enough in the year that if we're ever going to have our sh*t together, it will be by then.   

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Syracuse and @ Gtown are losses.    When all is said and done I think Georgetown ends up being the best team in this league.   Hoping we're #2.   

hnk

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 12:23:33 PM »
I think we beat four out of five of them...maybe more than once.

paultzman

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »
I think we beat four out of five of them...maybe more than once.

Are you Lavin's nephew?  :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:34:15 PM by paultzman »

hnk

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »
Just an optimist and think we can be good....not yet in the Mich St. NC, Ariz, KY,  league but in the Big East League...we have a way,way better shot than Knicks, Nets, Yanks, Mets, jets, Giants,  Columbia.....I think it will be fun watching St. John's get  better and better.....watching Jordan grow etc....but then i also think we have a good shot at Diallo and Govan.....BTW, FWIW, I never answer questions about my relatives....I don't think it's outrageous to think we at least split w the good Big East teams...or most of them.  I've seen great improvement  so far this year....the same way Lavin's first team improved  three years ago.  NCAA's here we come!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »
I think our best chance for a surprising road victory will be @ Villanova.     That game is late enough in the year that if we're ever going to have our sh*t together, it will be by then.   

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Syracuse and @ Gtown are losses.    When all is said and done I think Georgetown ends up being the best team in this league.   Hoping we're #2.   

I have been very unimpressed with GTown from what I have seen of them this year. It's still very early, but I think this league is the definition of wide open.

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »
A win vs Syracuse would make my life.

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 03:40:15 PM »
None of these would be surprise wins.....

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 04:37:51 PM »

That's why I voted 'Cuse. Only one that would really be considered a surprise win.

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 05:23:10 PM »
Only 'Cuse and MU will be over 10pts.

Don't think we're more than a 10 pt dog to the Orange on a "neutral" court.

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 06:34:38 PM »
Just an optimist and think we can be good....not yet in the Mich St. NC, Ariz, KY,  league but in the Big East League...we have a way,way better shot than Knicks, Nets, Yanks, Mets, jets, Giants,  Columbia.....I think it will be fun watching St. John's get  better and better.....watching Jordan grow etc....but then i also think we have a good shot at Diallo and Govan.....BTW, FWIW, I never answer questions about my relatives....I don't think it's outrageous to think we at least split w the good Big East teams...or most of them.  I've seen great improvement  so far this year....the same way Lavin's first team improved  three years ago.  NCAA's here we come!!!!!

I have a funny feeling that sooner or later (let's hope sooner) this team is going to put together a complete performance and then look out...

Poison

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 12:07:40 AM »

If we destroy Fordham, and compete with SU, I think you'd be right regarding the remaining 4 teams. If we lose to both Fordham and SU, just about any win would be a surprise. If we split w Fordham/SU, I'd assume nothing has changed with our standing. We'd still be a team w plenty of work to do.