Norm's Contract Extended

• 30 replies

Poison

Re: Norm's Contract Extended
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 12:44:59 PM »
That's the worst sports journalism I have seen in a while.

i thought it was phrased carefully. It did say "in attempts to stabilize it's basketball program"

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »
Congrats to Norm,

We can all agree that the Admin standards differs from ours. I guess what counts the most is the fact that Norm is making his bosses happy. Lets see how the wins and loses shake out next year.

TONYD3

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 03:23:53 PM »
PLease tell me what this means in simple terms. They could not have extended him 5 years right? Right?

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 03:41:02 PM »
Congrats to Norm,

We can all agree that the Admin standards differs from ours. I guess what counts the most is the fact that Norm is making his bosses happy. Lets see how the wins and loses shake out next year.
It also calls into question the judgement of his bosses at St. John's University.

One of his "bosses," Donald Harrington, failed to show up to a single game involving his flagship athletics program during this past season. As the head of the University, this would be unheard of at a normal college or university.

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 08:31:53 PM »
well it is obvious that father harrington doesn't know what he is doing. If he did, there would be more support for the basketball program, and we would have a new coach. We'll see how things go when the team stays below .500 for the second year in a row.

Poison

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 09:02:01 PM »
well it is obvious that father harrington doesn't know what he is doing. If he did, there would be more support for the basketball program, and we would have a new coach. We'll see how things go when the team stays below .500 for the second year in a row.

he knows he doesnt care.

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 09:14:57 PM »
That's the worst sports journalism I have seen in a while.

you obviously havent read any of my stuff yet  ;D :o
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 09:16:29 PM by johnniesfan1127 »
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 08:02:07 PM »
Congrats to Norm,

It also calls into question the judgement of his bosses at St. John's University.

One of his "bosses," Donald Harrington, failed to show up to a single game involving his flagship athletics program during this past season. As the head of the University, this would be unheard of at a normal college or university.

I hear you. I honestly believe based on how the team preforms this year will determine Norms future. There has to be a buy-out clause in that contract based on wins/loses and incoming recruits. They don't have to be Five Star recruits but impact guys that can develop hear at STJ. Wright and Calhoun leaving really upset me.

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 02:51:06 AM »
Congrats to Norm,

I hear you. I honestly believe based on how the team preforms this year will determine Norms future. There has to be a buy-out clause in that contract based on wins/loses and incoming recruits. They don't have to be Five Star recruits but impact guys that can develop hear at STJ. Wright and Calhoun leaving really upset me.

More details on Norms contract.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/49935

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 01:11:16 AM »
Does anyone know for sure what this means? Did we extend him for 5 more years or 1? If it's 5, I honestly don't know how I can ever take this program seriously again...

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 01:33:15 AM »
Does anyone know for sure what this means? Did we extend him for 5 more years or 1? If it's 5, I honestly don't know how I can ever take this program seriously again...

Read...

More details on Norms contract.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/49935

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 01:33:56 AM by JJ »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle