Youngstown State - Player of the Game

• 22 replies

desco80

Youngstown State - Player of the Game
« on: December 21, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »
D'angelo.  Although I thought Dom had a nice bounce back game.   

Re: Youngstown State - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 06:52:48 PM »
Harrison's 29 almost seemed effortless

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 06:59:35 PM »
I went D but was close with Jakarr, he played under control, rebounded well, and made the right outlet pass or pressed it himself. He made his FTs too, if we had this jakarr earlier in the year we might only have 2 losses.

Good win and keep moving.

redslope

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 07:23:33 PM »
Dangelo for his record setting performance.  He also has done a wonderful job of turning his frown into  smile.  He (and Sir) were very gracious at the end of the game with the recognition of Perry and his performance

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 07:37:33 PM »
D'angelo.  Although I thought Dom had a nice bounce back game.   

Agree

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 09:31:07 PM »
3'lo!  In addition to the stellar stat line shown above...0 turnovesr!.  His best outing of the year.

Sir Dom,  Jakarr and the hexagon all had standout efforts as well.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »
Can he take the Big East MOP honor from McDermott?

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 09:43:50 PM »

No.  We always get jobbed in the end of year polls.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »

If we finish ahead of them anything is possible.  He'll have to outplay him by more than a hair though. It has to be obvious for him to get the nod. Would rather the team won though, and think dlo feels the same
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 09:47:17 PM »
Do we even have to ask who voted for Phil?  :)

ras

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 11:40:54 PM »
I give it to DLo .He was very efficient today. Karr is a close 2nd. He had a double double w 13 rebounds.

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 06:44:05 AM »
I give it to DLo .He was very efficient today. Karr is a close 2nd. He had a double double w 13 rebounds.

Karr was invisible for the first half, if he played the first like he played the second we would have been up by ten at the half.       Dlo did it all and Dom a distant second.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »
I went with DLo as well.  Quite possibly his best / most efficient game of his career.

Going forward, Dom needs to be more assertive on offense.  I'm not saying he needs to get 16 each night, but 8-10 is about right.  He can't have 2-4pt games heading into BE play.

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
D Lo with ease - played very strong for the full game.  Entire team keys off him.  Suspension last year will be viewed as a brilliant move this year (as much as it pained me at the time.  Dom great first half.  Jakar great 2nd half.  Sanchez nice second half.

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 12:00:05 PM »
Harrison did his thing from start to finish.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 01:12:10 PM »
While D'lo shot well Dom set the tone
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 01:38:31 PM »
Harrison didn't force too much and as other posters said he looked very positive.  I love felix he is a true new york type player his Intangibles are Insane. I see a lot Paris horne in him easy to root for
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 05:44:04 PM »
Di had another Lip-synced ' F'  bomb on national TV really close up and personal in this game.   I think he now leads the nation including the two in the last game.  He is so charismatic and enthusiastic that  after a great play the cameras always find him for a  full frontal of his face and remarks. He doesn't disappoint, almost ever,
 I know, I am an old guy and it's his play that matters not his salty language but, it's old guys who vote for POY and image and conduct count. He actually is wary enough to play to the cameras coming out of  time outs and he is smart enough to know they love him.. I just wish he would use his awareness and natural charm to boost his and the schools image. He's way better than those crudities.  He has always been my favorite player along w/ Sir'Dom., two totally different personalities.

Moose

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 05:45:24 PM »
Di had another Lip-synced ' F'  bomb on national TV really close up and personal in this game.   I think he now leads the nation including the two in the last game.  He is so charismatic and enthusiastic that  after a great play the cameras always find him for a  full frontal of his face and remarks. He doesn't disappoint, almost ever,
 I know, I am an old guy and it's his play that matters not his salty language but, it's old guys who vote for POY and image and conduct count. He actually is wary enough to play to the cameras coming out of  time outs and he is smart enough to know they love him.. I just wish he would use his awareness and natural charm to boost his and the schools image. He's way better than those crudities.  He has always been my favorite player along w/ Sir'Dom., two totally different personalities.

Dom is an angel.  He never complains to the officials at all…………...
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 06:29:47 PM »

Dom is an angel.  He never complains to the officials at all…………...

Except maybe for that patented special complaining dance he does when a call goes against him. He was in rare form on Saturday.