Villanova Discussion

• 256 replies
Re: Villanova Discussion
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2014, 08:17:41 PM »
You guys are going to think I am crazy but this is the starting lineup I want to see tomorrow.

Obekpa
Sanchez
Pointer
Greene
Jordan

I think these guys try to play team ball first and foremost. This is where I am more comfortable with the "half court" offense being ran.

Harrison has put too many forced shots in the last few games and Sampson doesn't box out on defense. Therefore, don't start them. However, I obviously would include them in the rotation with God's Gift, Hooper and Branch to round out a second unit. The second unit would be more of a shooting unit with Sampson and GG to try to get some offensive rebounds.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:18:29 PM by Johnny4Life »

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2014, 09:22:11 PM »
You guys are going to think I am crazy but this is the starting lineup I want to see tomorrow.

Obekpa
Sanchez
Pointer
Greene
Jordan

I think these guys try to play team ball first and foremost. This is where I am more comfortable with the "half court" offense being ran.

Harrison has put too many forced shots in the last few games and Sampson doesn't box out on defense. Therefore, don't start them. However, I obviously would include them in the rotation with God's Gift, Hooper and Branch to round out a second unit. The second unit would be more of a shooting unit with Sampson and GG to try to get some offensive rebounds.

conceptually this makes sense. but no way can we have 2 of the 3 not be an offensive threat. and the other 3 are not very good jump shooters.

my lineup:
Sanchez
Sampson
Hooper
Harrison
Jordan

Harrison and Hooper can spread the floor to allow Jordan to drive and dish.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:22:51 PM by redmen4life »

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2014, 09:33:47 PM »

Obekpa
Sanchez
Pointer
Greene
Jordan

conceptually this makes sense. but no way can we have 2 of the 3 not be an offensive threat. and the other 3 are not very good jump shooters.

my lineup:
Sanchez
Sampson
Hooper
Harrison
Jordan

Harrison and Hooper can spread the floor to allow Jordan to drive and dish.

They aren't the best jump shooters. However, they are probably the best passers and rebounders for each position. Harrison and Sampson don't pass much once they get the ball which makes the defense easy to defend against by having someone rotate to double them up. I am getting tired of seeing Harrison and Sampson put up a lot of forced shots. 

Tiznow

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2014, 10:23:59 PM »
How can this team only be a 4.5 point underdog tomorrow?

Nova is number 6 in RPI.  St John's has been described as a bomb.

goredmen

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2014, 11:00:30 PM »

There's about a 3-4 point edge given to home teams in conference play especially home dogs

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2014, 11:01:49 PM »
Were winning this game.

Tiznow

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2014, 11:31:40 PM »

There's about a 3-4 point edge given to home teams in conference play especially home dogs

OK - Is this team only 8 points away from a solid top ten team?   

goredmen

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2014, 11:52:47 PM »

Beating a solid top ten team doesn't make you a top ten team. If you sent these two teams to play a game in an empty gym in Siberia, Vegas would have the line at about 8. Make of that what you will

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2014, 01:10:28 AM »
Our next 5 games after this are against Providence, Dartmouth, Seton Hall, Depaul and Butler. If we can beat Nova we could easily be 14-6 and at or above .500 in conference play in 2 weeks and our season would look a lot less gloomy. Gotta beat Nova though. This game reminds of the Notre Dame game last year where we had a rough stretch and were 1-3 in conference and had a tough team coming to MSG that we weren't given much of a chance to beat. We beat them and then won our next 4 against Rutgers, Seton Hall and DePaul twice. After that stretch we were in NCAA tournament bubble talks until the Harrison suspension. Hopefully  we can pull our upset then take care of business in our upcoming winnable games.

Tiznow

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2014, 10:01:20 AM »

Beating a solid top ten team doesn't make you a top ten team. If you sent these two teams to play a game in an empty gym in Siberia, Vegas would have the line at about 8. Make of that what you will

I make of it that there's a bit of respect out there for this team.

Tiznow

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2014, 10:02:34 AM »
Our next 5 games after this are against Providence, Dartmouth, Seton Hall, Depaul and Butler. If we can beat Nova we could easily be 14-6 and at or above .500 in conference play in 2 weeks and our season would look a lot less gloomy. Gotta beat Nova though. This game reminds of the Notre Dame game last year where we had a rough stretch and were 1-3 in conference and had a tough team coming to MSG that we weren't given much of a chance to beat. We beat them and then won our next 4 against Rutgers, Seton Hall and DePaul twice. After that stretch we were in NCAA tournament bubble talks until the Harrison suspension. Hopefully  we can pull our upset then take care of business in our upcoming winnable games.

If that happens a lot of us on these boards are going to look pretty silly

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2014, 11:10:20 AM »
A win today would definitely restore some faith!

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2014, 12:42:52 PM »
 #SJUBB Starters: G Jordan, G Greene IV, G Harrison, F Sampson, F Sanchez.

Moose

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2014, 12:49:52 PM »
#SJUBB Starters: G Jordan, G Greene IV, G Harrison, F Sampson, F Sanchez.

Guess Tyler Walston had a bad week of practice.
Remember who broke the Slice news

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2014, 01:05:01 PM »
The odds are really stacked against us, they gave out basket to Nova...
Cougar O' Malley

goredmen

« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2014, 01:06:53 PM »
Have to rebound

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2014, 01:11:45 PM »
Anybody got any streams for this one? the two I found don't work....

Moose

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2014, 01:13:16 PM »
Just wondering if Gus Johnson knows where Pinkston is from?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »
Greene should never have the ball with shot clock winding does. Just always looks confused and takes too much time

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2014, 01:16:46 PM »
now 4 guards and Obepka on the floor. That is new