Are You Ready to Move On?

• 67 replies

desco80

Re: Are You Ready to Move On?
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »
Bump.   
How many of the 50% have seen enough now?   

Regardless of when he actually goes (and I doubt it'll be after this season) I now know for certain I don't want Steve Lavin as the long-term coach of this team.   

goredmen

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2014, 11:20:01 PM »
Sure am glad Lavin took the redshirt off Felix. He's been a huge help during this BE season.

In all seriousness though, Lavin killed a year of that poor kid's eligibility to play him 8 minutes a game over 3 games

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2014, 03:06:47 AM »
Get rid of him and bring in Rick Pitino's daughter
What, no NCAAs here we come?

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2014, 03:07:42 AM »
Sure am glad Lavin took the redshirt off Felix. He's been a huge help during this BE season.

In all seriousness though, Lavin killed a year of that poor kid's eligibility to play him 8 minutes a game over 3 games
[/quote

+1

Marillac

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2014, 03:39:04 AM »
I'm ready to start looking around at what is available.  That written, I would be back on board if a few things were remedied  this season like Dom Pointer being used as a SF and picking up some wins. 

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2014, 01:23:22 AM »
St John's does seem to make a big deal out of changing coaches like it is some Herculean task. Others schools who get their coaches poached seem able to do it. Can't remember the school and honestly cannot even remember if it was hoops or football but they had a track record of hiring very successful coaches who were hired away by bigger schools and they just kept hiring the right guys. Seems like we have not been able to get out of our own way in hiring coaches since Lou. Always the wrong guy.

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2014, 01:26:43 AM »
St John's does seem to make a big deal out of changing coaches like it is some Herculean task. Others schools who get their coaches poached seem able to do it. Can't remember the school and honestly cannot even remember if it was hoops or football but they had a track record of hiring very successful coaches who were hired away by bigger schools and they just kept hiring the right guys. Seems like we have not been able to get out of our own way in hiring coaches since Lou. Always the wrong guy.

Are you thinking of Xavier? Pete Gillen, Skip Prosser, Thad Matta, Sean Miller, Chris Mack have been their last 5 coaches.

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2014, 01:33:19 AM »
That is quite impressive a list. I'm sure there are others. My vague memory on this may have been an even smaller school, a real mid-major. Also I believe in football Miami Of Ohio is know as the cradle of coaches.