Providence Game Thread

• 283 replies
Re: Providence Game Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2014, 09:54:30 PM »
Hooper certainly is an asset! Cant wait for that Dartmouth game!!!!!!

Ok cant defend threes.... Check

Cant rebound..... Check

Always in bonus, ...... On defense that is. Check

Take the dumbest shots at the dumbest time..... Check

I can go on and on......

« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2014, 09:55:29 PM »

desco80

« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2014, 09:55:53 PM »
Jakarr should have been all over that rebound off Greene's miss.   He had perfect position but he drifted back to the strong side.
When have you ever seen a rebound on a layup off the glass come back in the direction it came from?   If he missed it would come off the opposite side!! Everyone in the building could see that, and Jakarr gave up his position on the opposite block.

And the Hooper defensive substitution was among the more mind-boggling moves I've seen from Lavin.  And that's saying a lot.

« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2014, 09:56:36 PM »
How many days until February?
This is a new kind of leap year skipping February

« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2014, 09:56:51 PM »
The fact that this team is 0-5 in BE play is beyond mind boggling.

Tha Kid

« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2014, 09:57:37 PM »
I might just be delirious, but I truly believe if Norm was coaching this team, wed be better.  With athletes like these and a good pg to hide norms desire to play any pg for 37 mins, our d would be smothering, the team would play hard and together, and the weave might be ok w jordan, dlo and greene.
"I drink and I know things"

goredmen

« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »
Our three biggest shots of the season were a Sanchez 3, Hooper 3 when down 1 and Greene contested layup. Harrison didn't get one touch on those three possessions

« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2014, 09:58:57 PM »
I might just be delirious, but I truly believe if Norm was coaching this team, wed be better.  With athletes like these and a good pg to hide norms desire to play any pg for 37 mins, our d would be smothering, the team would play hard and together, and the weave might be ok w jordan, dlo and greene.

Completely agree, and Norm is on the lower tier of coaches I've seen.

I swear to God, these last 4 games or so are the worst coaching I've seen at any level of any sport.

« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2014, 09:59:10 PM »
Our three biggest shots of the season were a Sanchez 3, Hooper 3 when down 1 and Greene contested layup. Harrison didn't get one touch on those three possessions

harrison had the ball at the end of regulation and first overtime. He passed to sanchez and then he missed the corner shot. Two terrible possessions .
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2014, 10:00:04 PM »
The worst move of the night is not having Obekpa in the game when Cotton got the ball and drove to the hoop.

« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2014, 10:00:34 PM »
We're not making the NIT
NIT? We might not win a game in BE

This might be the worst season SJU has ever had. 

no the year after jarvis got fired was the worst. but this is beginning to look bad. 

« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2014, 10:01:24 PM »
In a lifetime of painful SJU moments, this one goes to the top

desco80

« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2014, 10:01:56 PM »

To be fair, Providence was all over him.   They didn't allow our best player to beat them, something we can never seem to do to our opponents
But I agree, there's no end of the game strategy, it looks like we're just going out there and hoping to get lucky

« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2014, 10:02:41 PM »
We won three tip-offs though

goredmen

« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2014, 10:04:02 PM »
Anybody defending Lavin or saying to give him more time after this one is certifiably insane. I don't care how good of a recruiter he is he will never win. I'm not sure the Miami Heat would be better than 0-5 if Lavin was their coach

DFF6

« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2014, 10:04:15 PM »

Completely agree, and Norm is on the lower tier of coaches I've seen.

I swear to God, these last 4 games or so are the worst coaching I've seen at any level of any sport.

Well, F paying bills or showing up for work tomorrow, or ever, because it has happened.  SJU fans are reminiscing about Norm's tenure as the good ol' days.  The end is near. 

goredmen

« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2014, 10:05:07 PM »

To be fair, Providence was all over him.   They didn't allow our best player to beat them, something we can never seem to do to our opponents
But I agree, there's no end of the game strategy, it looks like we're just going out there and hoping to get lucky

Good coaches find ways to get their best scorer the ball in big situations

« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2014, 10:06:00 PM »
We won three tip-offs though

You should send that stat to the STJ Twitter guy.

« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2014, 10:06:46 PM »
What's sad is that I think this team played better as a team in our first game of the year as opposed to now. Maybe we don't need coaching at all.

« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2014, 10:07:11 PM »
Its like watching 5 guys that were just introduced with a stranger as a coach.