Providence Game Thread

• 283 replies

Marillac

Re: Providence Game Thread
« Reply #280 on: January 19, 2014, 02:23:14 AM »
Carmine--you have my respect as I saw it the same way.  Most of the comments here are by folks who were not at the game.  If they were they would have obviously seen Sampson cramping up-it was painful to watch him go up and down court. He had to be subbed for.  Was the choice  correct????

Interesting stat to consider is that in our first 12 games we had 65 more FT than our opponents.  in the 5 BE games we have had 60 FT's LESS than our opponents.  That is a pretty amazing turnabout.

On Thursday Coley worked the refs incessantly (I sit behind visitors bench so I observe our coaching opponents) and he had them cowed.  In 2nd OT Cotton drives and gets one; Phil drives and gets no call...end of game

well back to alumni for another dose of reality

RS.  Thank you very much for the support.  I too thought that in a perfect world the parallelogram would have gotten the call at the end and hit two Ft's to win the game.  It appeared to be enough contact for a call.

However,  if you knew me on a personal level it would be readily apparent to you that I deserve no respect.  Phil Greene on the other hand, deserves much.

45% from two, 40% from three, and 0.4 TOs a game and he still gets knocked more than any player on the roster. 

« Reply #281 on: January 19, 2014, 02:31:54 AM »
Carmine--you have my respect as I saw it the same way.  Most of the comments here are by folks who were not at the game.  If they were they would have obviously seen Sampson cramping up-it was painful to watch him go up and down court. He had to be subbed for.  Was the choice  correct????

Interesting stat to consider is that in our first 12 games we had 65 more FT than our opponents.  in the 5 BE games we have had 60 FT's LESS than our opponents.  That is a pretty amazing turnabout.

On Thursday Coley worked the refs incessantly (I sit behind visitors bench so I observe our coaching opponents) and he had them cowed.  In 2nd OT Cotton drives and gets one; Phil drives and gets no call...end of game

RS.  Thank you very much for the support.  I too thought that in a perfect world the parallelogram would have gotten the call at the end and hit two Ft's to win the game.  It appeared to be enough contact for a call.

However,  if you knew me on a personal level it would be readily apparent to you that I deserve no respect.  Phil Greene on the other hand, deserves much.

45% from two, 40% from three, and 0.4 TOs a game and he still gets knocked more than any player on the roster. 

Phil has played very well as a 2 guard this year. Our problem is coach puts him out there as the point guard and the offense just stagnates. I would bet that Phil's numbers are dramatically better when either Branch or Sheed are on the floor with him.

« Reply #282 on: January 19, 2014, 03:20:35 PM »

Phil has played very well as a 2 guard this year. Our problem is coach puts him out there as the point guard and the offense just stagnates. I would bet that Phil's numbers are dramatically better when either Branch or Sheed are on the floor with him.

Case in point, last night all 4 of his 3's came  off of passes coming from inside the paint. It's a great game when it's played right.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 03:23:01 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #283 on: January 19, 2014, 04:48:32 PM »

Great Marillac.  Phil's cause on this board will improve exponentially with you,  a knowledgeable basketball mind and respected poster, on his side.  Always thought that part of the ellipses' PR problems were caused by me as the messenger,  a very feeble basketball mind and proud former BEB Annoying poster of the year award winner.