Respect Yo!

• 18 replies
Respect Yo!
« on: January 21, 2014, 05:45:41 PM »
Not that the pro Phil Greene camp needed more wind in it's sails following the two straight undeniable Player of the Game outings, but check out these team wide +/- totals against non-cupcake opponents only from Rumble in the Garden.  It's Mean Joe in a landslide!  I'm not used to being right.  Mrs. A claims to this day that I haven't been right once in 20+ years of marriage.  This will take some getting used to:

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2014/01/st-johns-lineups-little-bit-everything-leads-nothing/

Moose

Re: Respect Yo!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 06:36:09 PM »
Guess a lot of people respect calculations, eh………………….
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 10:26:52 PM »
I arrive at the opposite conclusion.  My statistically backed fact based arguments have beat the opposition into submission.

The defensive efficiency out and total differential numbers are remarkable, no?  I knew he was having a good year but this is beyond my expectations.  Let's hope he keeps it up and we win some games.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 11:00:00 PM »
I arrive at the opposite conclusion.  My statistically backed fact based arguments have beat the opposition into submission.

The defensive efficiency out and total differential numbers are remarkable, no?  I knew he was having a good year but this is beyond my expectations.  Let's hope he keeps it up and we win some games.
Plus Phil is looking after Rysheed and mentoring him on the importance of carrying himself professionally on the floor and the classroom.  Phil is a real asset.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:01:00 PM by bball purist »

cjfish

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 11:24:36 PM »
Not that the pro Phil Greene camp needed more wind in it's sails following the two straight undeniable Player of the Game outings, but check out these team wide +/- totals against non-cupcake opponents only from Rumble in the Garden.  It's Mean Joe in a landslide!  I'm not used to being right.  Mrs. A claims to this day that I haven't been right once in 20+ years of marriage.  This will take some getting used to:

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2014/01/st-johns-lineups-little-bit-everything-leads-nothing/
Nice find.  Hope this guy has a doctorate in Math.  Found it interesting, numbers at times were surprising.  Ive always felt Dom to be one of the more valuable players on the team and like Sanchez as well, though he is underutilized.  Jordan's negatives surprised me.   

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 11:28:21 PM »
I have to admit I was a bit surprised by the numbers and I am a big believer in them.  Gotta keep Phil out there as a third guard and give that Rysheed, D'Lo, Phil lineup significant time and make that our main backcourt identity.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 12:14:39 AM »
Love to see these kind of numbers, THANK YOU for posting this!

Eye opening really, surprised  by how low Jordan is and equally how high Phil's were. I must admit this has changed my thinking on the parallelogram.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:23:03 AM by chronicbucks »

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 01:07:49 PM »
Losing is losing is losing. Phil deserves to get 20 minutes a game off the ball. He is one of our few good scorers and shooters.

P.S.  zero assists in the last 121 minutes. For a guard I am sure that is a record.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 02:17:28 PM »
P.S.  zero assists in the last 121 minutes. For a guard I am sure that is a record.

I've been wondering about this and it's confusing.  He obviously has the ability to rack up assists as evidenced by his first two seasons, finishing 1st and 2nd respectively on the team in assists.  It's puzzling that his assist numbers are down so much this season.  His what were already low turnover totals are way down this season as well.  Has he become so focused on not turning the ball over that his assist numbers are suffering?  I would think that a 5 assist outing for him is right around the corner.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 02:48:58 PM »

I've been wondering about this and it's confusing.  He obviously has the ability to rack up assists as evidenced by his first two seasons, finishing 1st and 2nd respectively on the team in assists.  It's puzzling that his assist numbers are down so much this season.  His what were already low turnover totals are way down this season as well.  Has he become so focused on not turning the ball over that his assist numbers are suffering?  I would think that a 5 assist outing for him is right around the corner.

You have to actually pass the ball to record an assist, you know.

tnice

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 06:21:24 PM »

"Rack up assists"  LOL

2.9 and 2.6 apg in over 30 minutes per game. Yep, he's a regular John Stockton.

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 12:57:23 AM »

...... I would think that a 5 assist outing for him is right around the corner.

Pretty darn close to it today. I wasn't able to watch this one, but interesting to see that he only played 14 minutes and missed all 3 shots he took, though still got 4 assists.

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 01:35:55 AM »

Pretty darn close to it today. I wasn't able to watch this one, but interesting to see that he only played 14 minutes and missed all 3 shots he took, though still got 4 assists.

It's my fault.  When we spoke,  I told him that the fan base is clamoring for him to "rack up" some assists and he said he'ld oblige.  I forgot to mention that ideally he should continue to score AND dish out assists.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:37:44 AM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 02:02:06 AM »

It's my fault.  When we spoke,  I told him that the fan base is clamoring for him to "rack up" some assists and he said he'ld oblige.  I forgot to mention that ideally he should continue to score AND dish out assists.

Well, I'll be the first to let you know, you blew it. It's good to hear he's got your voice of reason in his ear though.

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 01:41:20 PM »
He dribbles with his head down and very rarely dribbles Norht to South. Whether you feel he is a good player or not he is not a point guard
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:41:51 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 01:09:08 AM »
he is not a point guard

Stop the presses!  Where did you come up with that novel concept and original idea?  Don't hurt yourself.

Now how about these apples.  Michigan shot 40.2% from three point range his final season in red. Triangle is shooting 40.5% from three this season.  Why have you not posted once how Phil's unique talent is being wasted by Hollywood who is not running plays/screening for him nor made him the centerpiece of our offense as you did on a daily basis for Larry Wright? 

You hypocrite.

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 12:14:44 PM »
he is not a point guard

Stop the presses!  Where did you come up with that novel concept and original idea?  Don't hurt yourself.

Now how about these apples.  Michigan shot 40.2% from three point range his final season in red. Triangle is shooting 40.5% from three this season.  Why have you not posted once how Phil's unique talent is being wasted by Hollywood who is not running plays/screening for him nor made him the centerpiece of our offense as you did on a daily basis for Larry Wright? 

You hypocrite.
carmine - you are firmly in bobre/evans territory here.  very few posters dislike phil off the ball.  in fact, i think most believe he should play substantial minutes exclusively on the wing.  the issue with phil is that lavin constantly plays him out of position at the point where he kills the offense despite not committing many turnovers.  i actually think lavin is starting to get it, and we will all arrive in a good place with phil and his role.  3 guards on the floor at all times means phil gets 20+ mpg and never has to be the PG.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:15:21 PM by Gray Chudney »

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 03:32:54 PM »
Out for today with a stomach virus.

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »
he is not a point guard

You hypocrite.
carmine - you are firmly in bobre/evans territory here.

Ouch!  That hurts.