Marquette Game Thread

• 66 replies

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
Re: Marquette Game Thread
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2014, 04:50:28 PM »
As if right mow
This guy Goodman hates the Big East.

Great performance today. Great to see the ball go in the hoop all day. Keep grinding.

I thought before the season it would be potential 4 bid league but look at the conference. Outside of top 2 who is really deserving? Accurate statement.

As of right now I think you are correct but there is still half a season to play. Besides Arizona and cuse who has really been dominate. Dukes is ranked high teens for crying out loud. I will say hopeful four but probably 3 I say right now.
Cougar O' Malley

desco80

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2014, 04:53:39 PM »
Just got home from the game...  nice win, in surprisingly easy fashion.  We looked in-charge from beginning to end.

Was it me or was Marco not on the bench for this one?

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2014, 04:53:47 PM »
The big east only weak bubble team is that 4th team and it is no weaker than the 5. Bubble teams Linardi has from this weeks bracketology from PAC 12, which is a few percentage points higher than big east in rpi.  The only 2 conferences that have a strong hold of at least 5 locks are big 10 and

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2014, 05:01:28 PM »
Xavier was also an 8 seed in bracketology which as we all know is top 32 teams ranked according to tournament rankings.. Even with a loss to hall can anyone say they are a weak bubble team

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »
This is not a great league.  Every team has at least 2 wins and at least 1 road win.  You could argue that is good balance.

I would argue a lot of mediocrity quite frankly.

Which is good news for SJU because I think they still have a shot to make a nice move.

redslope

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2014, 06:45:27 PM »
This is not a great league.  Every team has at least 2 wins and at least 1 road win.  You could argue that is good balance.

Which is good news for SJU because I think they still have a shot to make a nice move.
While the conference is suffering from parity, Gtown did help us all today with the victory over #7 M State of the Big 10.  The game was very sloppy and I was not impressed by them today.  I may be prejudice but SJU was the best team on the floor at the Garden today.  The final score of our game is not indicative of how we dominated MU today.  From about the 8 minute mark it was just a matter of when it would be over,  Finally a game that did not tax my heart!

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2014, 06:49:05 PM »

While the conference is suffering from parity, Gtown did help us all today with the victory over #7 M State of the Big 10.  The game was very sloppy and I was not impressed by them today.  I may be prejudice but SJU was the best team on the floor at the Garden today.  The final score of our game is not indicative of how we dominated MU today.  From about the 8 minute mark it was just a matter of when it would be over,  Finally a game that did not tax my heart!

If MSU has Payne and the other kid that game is not even close.

Marillac

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2014, 07:29:21 PM »
Xavier was also an 8 seed in bracketology which as we all know is top 32 teams ranked according to tournament rankings.. Even with a loss to hall can anyone say they are a weak bubble team

Xavier is a very solid tournament team.    They have an RPI of 36! They are 15-6 and have  beaten Tennessee, #12 Cincy, Alabama on the road, Wake Forest, and lost to Iowa in OT. 

There is no question they had a favorable conference schedule to start and things will get tougher, but the still have Providence and DePaul at home and Butler, SH, and Marquette on the road as probable wins. The strong RPI will be very helpful.  I can't believe they lost at home today...they were 12-0.  It's a shame they suspended that young PF...he was really athletic and gave them an added dimension up front.

cjfish

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »
GREAT PERORMANCE TODAY!  Everyone looked good except for Sanchez who couldn't buy a jumper.  D great consistently.  Only problem, DLO will not be this hot from three every nite.  Ball movement last several games much improved.

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2014, 01:23:36 AM »
Only disappointing aspect today was the St, John's fans. Dlo on fire, hits 3 consecutive 3s and there is barely polite applause (talk about a wine and cheese crowd). Stayed for second game and G'town and Michigan St had as many if not more fans than we did and they were both 10 times as active and loud. Have seen some G'town home games and crowds were sparse and quiet they got much better support here in NY. Get home turn on TV and see a sea of orange 35,000 strong...Ugh!

nudginator59

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2014, 02:44:20 AM »
I thought DLO got a good applause at least that it was on TV, from Sam Antonio. There would be more fans if we weren't in a hole ...
Cougar O' Malley

nudginator59

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2014, 02:48:40 AM »
And Arizona just lost, and I would argue that Cuse for a favorable call towards the end of  the game to win it against Duke. But overall it was a great game and rebuild deserve to be #1...unfourtantly...
Cougar O' Malley

Moose

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2014, 12:03:54 PM »
Any official statement from SJU on where Marco was?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2014, 12:12:04 PM »
Interesting quote from Lavin:

“The growth, you can see it. We hope it’s this year, if not, it’s gonna be next year because the nucleus is gonna be back,” said Lavin. “We’re moving in the right direction. We just want to accumulate enough wins here to do something special.

Moose

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2014, 12:15:34 PM »
Pregame Buzz mentioned we scored 22% of our points off offensive rebounds.  I've never heard anything statistical from Lavin or real basketball X and O's.  Just a bunch of cliches like the one above.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Foad

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »
I've never heard anything statistical from Lavin or real basketball X and O's.  Just a bunch of cliches like the one above.

During yesterday's broadcast Gus Johnson quoted Lavin as saying during a pregame interview that "It's not about the Xs and Os, it's about the Ws." So he agrees with your assessment of his own shortcomings, and via cliche.

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2014, 04:58:55 PM »
GREAT PERORMANCE TODAY!  Everyone looked good except for Sanchez who couldn't buy a jumper.  D great consistently.  Only problem, DLO will not be this hot from three every nite.  Ball movement last several games much improved.

Sanchez was 3-5 with a 3.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2014, 05:19:24 PM »

We all see what we want to see.