• 36 replies
Georgetown Predictions
« on: February 14, 2014, 09:36:48 AM »
73-72 SJU.

Obekpa ices the game with a foul shot.

paultzman

Re: Georgetown Predictions
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 10:11:58 AM »
Johnnies by a deuce. Another year off my life.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 10:13:36 AM »
Lavin will not start Felix or a walkon

Foad

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:20:01 AM »

Or he starts the walk on to remind everyone how he single-handedly saved SJU basketball by starting the walk on.

I predict he comes out wearing Louie's chevron sweater.

Wods317

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 10:28:09 AM »
I think yesterdays game was good for the team believe or not. They won another close game after being down in final minutes which gives them confidence in those situations and I think they realize now they have to bring their game to another level to beat Gtown. We play so well at MSG, I think we take this in a close one. Gtown always seems to find a way to beat us but we squeeze it out this time. Big game from Jakarr.
SJU 68
Gtown 64

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 10:30:29 AM »

Or he starts the walk on to remind everyone how he single-handedly saved SJU basketball by starting the walk on.

I don't think Lavin can wear sweaters with the size of his head. Was his head always that large? Maybe it wasn't as noticeable with the slicked back hair, but it seems even larger than it was last season.

Foad

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 10:34:27 AM »

I don't think Lavin can wear sweaters with the size of his head. Was his head always that large? Maybe it wasn't as noticeable with the slicked back hair, but it seems even larger than it was last season.

Hot air expands.

paultzman

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 11:09:13 AM »
Seth Davis likes the Johnnies;

"Georgetown (15-9) at St. John's (16-9)
Sunday, 7 p.m., FS1

These two teams could do no right early this season, and now they can do no wrong. Georgetown broke a five-game losing streak by upsetting Michigan State at Madison Square Garden, and now the Hoyas have extended their win streak to four. St. John's lost its first five league games and has now won six of its last seven Big East games. The Red Storm now have four of their last six games at home, which bodes well for their chances -- amazingly -- to get into the NCAA tournament."

Georgetown (15-9) at St. John's (16-9)
Sunday, 7 p.m., FS1
These two teams could do no right early this season, and now they can do no wrong. Georgetown broke a five-game losing streak by upsetting Michigan State at Madison Square Garden, and now the Hoyas have extended their win streak to four. St. John's lost its first five league games and has now won six of its last seven Big East games. The Red Storm now have four of their last six games at home, which bodes well for their chances -- amazingly -- to get into the NCAA tournament.

SJU 70
GT  65

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140214/weekend-picks-florida-kentucky-villanova-creighton/#ixzz2tJTluDeB
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:11:54 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 11:28:16 AM »

"I don't think Lavin can wear sweaters with the size of his head. Was his head always that large? Maybe it wasn't as noticeable with the slicked back hair, but it seems even larger than it was last season."

Seinfeld - George in "The Apology"

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 11:30:04 AM »

"I don't think Lavin can wear sweaters with the size of his head. Was his head always that large? Maybe it wasn't as noticeable with the slicked back hair, but it seems even larger than it was last season."

Seinfeld - George in "The Apology"

I was thinking about that episode when I typed that post

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 01:26:35 PM »

Sunday, 7 p.m., FS1

These two teams could do no right early this season, and now they can do no wrong. Georgetown broke a five-game losing streak by upsetting Michigan State at Madison Square Garden, and now the Hoyas have extended their win streak to four. St. John's lost its first five league games and has now won six of its last seven Big East games. The Red Storm now have four of their last six games at home, which bodes well for their chances -- amazingly -- to get into the NCAA tournament."

Sunday, 7 p.m., FS1
These two teams could do no right early this season, and now they can do no wrong. Georgetown broke a five-game losing streak by upsetting Michigan State at Madison Square Garden, and now the Hoyas have extended their win streak to four. St. John's lost its first five league games and has now won six of its last seven Big East games. The Red Storm now have four of their last six games at home, which bodes well for their chances -- amazingly -- to get into the NCAA tournament.

SJU 70
GT  65

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140214/weekend-picks-florida-kentucky-villanova-creighton/#ixzz2tJTluDeB

I'm glad he picked you guys. Seth is an idiot.

paultzman

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 01:33:22 PM »

Sunday, 7 p.m., FS1

Sunday, 7 p.m., FS1

SJU 70
GT  65

I'm glad he picked you guys. Seth is an idiot.

Last week on CBS site he picked Creighton & then on twitter the Johnnies. I think we agree, he, like many guys around the game, knows very little.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:34:35 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 01:34:30 PM »
the energy should be at it's highest level on Sunday. i think we come out aggressive, cause some turnovers and take a nice lead.  2nd half we go on a drought and G'Town closes gap.  nail biter all of 2nd half.

SJU 62
GTown 59

boo3

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 01:37:25 PM »
 Gtown will attempt to make it a slopfest....we, likely, will oblige...

STJ- 58

Gtown- 57

The dream lives on!

#February

Poison

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 01:39:59 PM »
I think that momentum coming off stealing  a w in Jersey will have us amped for Sunday. The guys know they've laid an egg every time they've faced GTown. But I see it turning now.

STJ 74-GTown 64 Obekpa Continues his strong play, and Jordan makes his mark on the rivalry with another solid game.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 01:40:40 PM »
73-72 SJU.

Obekpa ices the game with a foul shot.

Like that will ever happen.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 01:43:15 PM »
SJU 68
Gtown 66

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »
sju 78, gt 67. Harrison breaks out, hits 6 treys

cjfish

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 02:19:03 PM »
SJU, 65-55.  Slugfest, SJU will not have 2 mediocre games in a row, they will not take GT for granted and handle them, but not easily.  Please guys, no punches.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 02:32:49 PM »
Is there even a need to predict a score?

All that needs to be said is....

#February

(sorry to steal that boo, but #$%^, everytime I see you post it I crack up)