Georgetown Game 2

• 127 replies

paultzman

Re: Georgetown Game 2
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 05:32:05 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Full Pointer quote on G'Town: They’re a bunch of dirty guys -- they’re legal dirty guys, but they’re dirty." #sjubb

@NYPost_Brazille: More Pointer: "They do stuff on the sly you won’t pick up. You cut through the lane they hit you." #sjubb

Maybe Dom should relinquish his spokesperson role for a while. Lol

boo3

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 05:34:44 PM »
 This has the makings of an old school Gtown/STJ BE battle..     I kinda like it..   Unfortunately, refs don;t let them play anymore and with replay, you do something stupid, you are getting tossed. 

Different game nowadays..  Much softer..

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 05:36:42 PM »
This has the makings of an old school Gtown/STJ BE battle..     I kinda like it..   Unfortunately, refs don;t let them play anymore and with replay, you do something stupid, you are getting tossed. 

Different game nowadays..  Much softer..

Very ironic for dom to say that haha. But I agree, nothing wrong with an old fashion tough, physical game

paultzman

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 05:37:02 PM »
Should be a fun game for sure.  Seize the moment Johnnies!

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 07:11:10 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Jamal Branch had a tooth extracted on Saturday and is expected to play tomorrow. #sjubb

Awesome

I cant stress it any harder to everybody that the winning formula for this team is 3+5=W

redslope

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 10:29:58 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Full Pointer quote on G'Town: They’re a bunch of dirty guys -- they’re legal dirty guys, but they’re dirty." #sjubb

@NYPost_Brazille: More Pointer: "They do stuff on the sly you won’t pick up. You cut through the lane they hit you." #sjubb

For you young ones this Gtown version is a bunch of pacifists compared to 30 years ago--you should have seen Kevin Williams stand up to Ewing and Company.

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 10:31:59 PM »
That Gtown team defensively was amazing. Wingate, and ewing, ect. That game at MSG we got smoked .

Dan

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2014, 11:35:45 PM »
Really need this one - losing two to a fellow bubble team is not good

Marillac

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2014, 03:30:08 AM »
Huge game.  I'm nervous...I hope the team proves me wrong.  Gtown's philosophy for three years has been stop Harrison and you win.   That's no longer true.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 03:32:29 AM by Marillac »

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 03:33:58 AM »

When was the last time Dom ran through the lane? 

Foad

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2014, 07:19:57 AM »

Pointer calling a player dirty is like Paris Hilton questioning someone's chastity.

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 08:53:24 AM »
Lay off Pointer, at least he understands the hatred of Georgetown in the tradition of Kevin Williams, Billy Goodwin....All he has to do tonight is to back up his words and delivery the goods tonight as they did. A tough task, but he is capable. 

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Jamal Branch had a tooth extracted on Saturday and is expected to play tomorrow. #sjubb

Awesome

I cant stress it any harder to everybody that the winning formula for this team is 3+5=W

BE with Branch

16.7 min=5&1
9.4 min=0&5

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 09:08:14 AM »
Branch played 24 minutes a game last year as the only point guard on the team and averaged a whopping .9 TO/ASST ratio. 

point freaking 9 and all I hear is how good of a job he does running the team.  Too bad he doesn't play hockey because I guess he is always the guy passing the ball to the guy that gets the assist.

For having the ball n your hand that much and you cant even average +1 TO/ASST ratio is absolutely horrid.  Couple that with his awful jump shot and lackluster de and what you come up with is a player that does very little to make his team better.

Greene is 7th in the Big East in 3PT% Branch can play in the Big East for the next 20 years and he would never once achieve that mark.  I love how people claim Branch is a playmaker, lol you dont even have to guard him a lick on the outside and all he knows how to do is make a flashy pass.

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »
3+5=W

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2014, 09:11:47 AM »
Greene is SG. Branch is a PG.  When Jordan is out, Branch needs to be in. The end.

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2014, 09:16:16 AM »
Branch played 24 minutes a game last year as the only point guard on the team and averaged a whopping .9 TO/ASST ratio. 

point freaking 9 and all I hear is how good of a job he does running the team.  Too bad he doesn't play hockey because I guess he is always the guy passing the ball to the guy that gets the assist.

For having the ball n your hand that much and you cant even average +1 TO/ASST ratio is absolutely horrid.  Couple that with his awful jump shot and lackluster de and what you come up with is a player that does very little to make his team better.

Greene is 7th in the Big East in 3PT% Branch can play in the Big East for the next 20 years and he would never once achieve that mark.  I love how people claim Branch is a playmaker, lol you dont even have to guard him a lick on the outside and all he knows how to do is make a flashy pass.

.458% from the floor. For someone who doesnt have to be guarded he sure finds a way to get to the rim. Last year 2.7 ast in 23 minutes is good. Thats 5 per 40 minutes. You say he doesnt play make? I say you dont watch the games. Doesnt play D? 10 steals in the last 7 games, with a 3 minute game in there.

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2014, 09:21:20 AM »
A quick little Sunday morning math lesson for you boys and girls

1.  Which of the following is not true

A. (a+b)+c = a+(b+c)

B.  yard= 3 feet = 35 inches

C.  3+5=W

D.  1/8 = .125

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »
Greene is SG. Branch is a PG.  When Jordan is out, Branch needs to be in. The end.

Hey Chudney you genius tell me something I did not know like you can save 15% on insurance if you call Geico.  Cmon man

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »
A quick little Sunday morning math lesson for you boys and girls

1.  Which of the following is not true

A. (a+b)+c = a+(b+c)

B.  yard= 3 feet = 35 inches

C.  3+5=W

D.  1/8 = .125

You do realize how stupid your argument that 3 minutes for branch makes this team better, when in fact the team is 6-1 in the big east with him getting 16.7 mpg while they were 0-5 with him getting 9.4.  I mean you do get that right? Cause if you don't then you are dumber than I thought. Which is extremely hard to be true.