Georgetown Game 2

• 127 replies

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
Re: Georgetown Game 2
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2014, 09:21:02 PM »
Looks like a great crowd too...or at least a real loud one!

I think the city is starting to believe in this team and this is what seperates is from the rest of the country.
Cougar O' Malley

Chilleb

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2014, 09:21:18 PM »
Can we get some subs before somebody gets hurt

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2014, 09:22:48 PM »
My apologies to  Pointer!
Cougar O' Malley

Dan

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2014, 09:33:21 PM »
Huge game for Jordan.

The turnaround so far is unreal, didn't expect it at all.  Finish strong, go 4-1 down the stretch and I think they can really make it.

MCNPA

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2014, 09:46:35 PM »
Can't say enough about how much I enjoyed watching us hammer the Hoyas today.  Got a big monkey off our backs and earned a big win over a team we were alongside in rankings.  Big win for us.  Now we need to take care of Butler on Tuesday.  We are putting ourselves in better position to be NCAA bound with every win.  Keep rolling!  Go Redmen!

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2014, 09:51:48 PM »
I absolutely love beating the Hoyas.  Every game this month becomes more and more important and these kids respond each time!!  Jordan is a stud, and Harrison is one of the most clutch players I've ever seen in a STJ uniform. 

If we can get to 22 wins (of any combination) I think we will be in.  Keep it rolling boys!!

boo3

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2014, 09:53:13 PM »
#February!!!!

I can think of someone that Needs2Go......  ;)

goredmen

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2014, 09:56:12 PM »
Finally a win that doesn't take years off our lives. Just take care of Butler on Tuesday and we're playing with house money against Nova

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »
What a really fun game to watch, obviously cause we won and who we beat, but the team looked fantastic.  Came out hot and weathered a little storm by hoyas in second half to play a complete game.

Harrison is such a tough player with such a knack for scoring.  Congrats to Jordan and Sanchez, took over the game from start to finish.

Time to prepare for butler and excited to see the new brackeyology with us in field

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2014, 10:12:26 PM »
I can think of someone that Needs2Go......  ;)

Lavin has this team playing great what can I say.  Sanchez played an excellent game.  Jordan is an absolute stud.  Harrison is really carrying this team in big spots.  Opekpa is totally back.  I love Sampson's energy he has been playing with.  Phil Greene has fit in very nicely.  Dom is Dom which means you take the good with the bad.  I liked the way he played tonight.  This team has a real chance of running the table the rest of the season and this was a real statement win for the team against a fellow bubble team who already handed it to them.  Jordan has totally turned this team around but Lavin deserves a lot of the credit (puke) because he is running the team brilliantly.  I think St John's controls their destiny with making the tournament and I believe they will be the favorites to win the Big East tournament. This team plays totally different at the Garden.  Go Johnnies!!!

boo3

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2014, 10:44:37 PM »
 I think something that may be overlooked during this stretch is the commitment to defense by one, Jakarr Sampson.  Seriously...His D has been off the charts ( Rothstein style)..

No reason why he shouldn't be an elite defender.  I don't know who is responsible for getting through to him, but I hope he keeps it up.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:45:07 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2014, 10:50:11 PM »
They are playing hard. Lavin gets credit for that.

redslope

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2014, 11:18:22 PM »
Just back and want to say to all the couch potatoes who showed up tonight the Garden was alive with SJU fans--it was a good feeling and you folks made it a fun place to be' a lot of on your feet cheering.   BUT we still had about 9,000 empty seats.  The team was really appreciative to the support that was there.  We still have 3 more games to go at MSG--to those that stayed home, try to come out for a game before the end of the season--this team is giving its all and deserves your vocal support.

Moose

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2014, 11:25:38 PM »
Judging by a 4 page game thread I don't think many people stayed home.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2014, 11:31:26 PM »
10000+ there was a very vocal crowd, nice to see

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2014, 11:32:15 PM »
My guess is that there was about 10,000 tonight.  I thought the crowd was good; frankly, if the game was more competitive throughout, I think the crowd would have been even more into it.  At times there was a lull because we were up by a good margin.

I felt really happy for our guys when the crowd rose at the end to applaud them.  D-Lo was holding the ball the top of the key defiantly.  Sheed was waving to the crowd.  So was CO and Dom on the bench.  Felt really good for this group -- especially against Georgetown.  Rivera, Trawick and Hopkins it seemed were trying to start trouble all game.  I'm sure a few of our guys weren't choir boys either.  But it was nice to beat down Gtown after what they have done the past few years.

Poison

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2014, 11:39:46 PM »
I agree, the crowd was bored by the beat down. I guess they are pretty hard to please.

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2014, 11:40:13 PM »
Also, I expect that the crowd for Tuesday night won't be great.  9:00 start time against a team that won't draw given their record. 

If we go into the Xavier game with 18 or 19 wins, I think the crowd will be very good.  Ditto for Depaul.

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2014, 11:42:02 PM »
Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille 
Attendance: 10,340. #sjubb

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2014, 11:42:10 PM »
What a really fun game to watch, obviously cause we won and who we beat, but the team looked fantastic.  Came out hot and weathered a little storm by hoyas in second half to play a complete game.

Harrison is such a tough player with such a knack for scoring.  Congrats to Jordan and Sanchez, took over the game from start to finish.

Time to prepare for butler and excited to see the new brackeyology with us in field
I was at the game and don't understand the love for Sanchez, he had a subpar game if anything.