Big East Tournament Tickets

• 9 replies
Big East Tournament Tickets
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
Why are my seats through the school worse than what you could buy through ticketmaster (for less money btw)? I know I won't get my usual seats since every team gets some, but this is a really bad job by the school/conference. Anyone else have this issue?

FYI, looks like single games are on sale for those interested

Re: Big East Tournament Tickets
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:14:06 PM »
Why are my seats through the school worse than what you could buy through ticketmaster (for less money btw)? I know I won't get my usual seats since every team gets some, but this is a really bad job by the school/conference. Anyone else have this issue?

what section are your tickets in for the big east tourney?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:57:34 PM »
101 (behind basket and not close to student section area either). Dead center court available on ticketmaster, as of last week at least

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:19:34 PM »

Same here...I requested lower/center and got end zone (section 102)...called the ticket office to see if I can exchange for 200s center...they are OK with it but I have to go out to the campus to make the exchange

Should have purchased elsewhere
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:20:30 PM by section3 »

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 10:21:24 PM »
How much are tickets to individual sessions? Thanks

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 11:56:48 PM »
I didn't get tickets through the season ticket holder package, I figure if I want to go to a game I could get em cheaper on StubHub or a scalper.

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 05:53:23 AM »

Same here...I requested lower/center and got end zone (section 102)...called the ticket office to see if I can exchange for 200s center...they are OK with it but I have to go out to the campus to make the exchange

Should have purchased elsewhere

You're right.

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:14:00 AM by apesNapes »

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 10:02:08 AM »
sorry to double post, but I have to express some frustration with the ticket office.  I love this team, but very small chance I renew next year, not so much for the losing (I think 1 or 2 (still a small chance) tourney appearances in 4 years is progress -- remember where we were?), but the customer service is ridiculous.  They pretty much put up every disincentive possible to being a season ticket holder.  Now trying to convince me that upper corner behind the basket is better than a center court low 200s because it's "closer" and costs more.  Closer to what? I'm not sure, one of the baskets, I guess.  And costing more is better?  I'm convinced they're all high.  That's their canned response.

btw, I realize this comes across as whine-y, but that's what people do on here, right?  maybe they'll step up their game if we complain enough on an anonymous internet forum
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:22:14 AM by apesNapes »

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 12:23:21 PM »
They're idiots. My friend's dad tried to add him to his plan, one of the higher priced ones and they wouldn't let him for some strange reason. So instead he cancelled his plan (they didn't try and stop him) and my friend was able to sign up for the young alumni package (at least $100 less per ticket) and added his dad.

So instead of making money they lost some money.

Good job by you, SJU.

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 03:45:12 PM »
sorry to double post, but I have to express some frustration with the ticket office.  I love this team, but very small chance I renew next year, not so much for the losing (I think 1 or 2 (still a small chance) tourney appearances in 4 years is progress -- remember where we were?), but the customer service is ridiculous.  They pretty much put up every disincentive possible to being a season ticket holder.  Now trying to convince me that upper corner behind the basket is better than a center court low 200s because it's "closer" and costs more.  Closer to what? I'm not sure, one of the baskets, I guess.  And costing more is better?  I'm convinced they're all high.  That's their canned response.

btw, I realize this comes across as whine-y, but that's what people do on here, right?  maybe they'll step up their game if we complain enough on an anonymous internet forum
Franny got fired for trying to demand some level of competence from the support staff. I stopped calling the ticket office back in the 70's when I called them to ask if there was a JV game before the varsity game and the response I got was "Oh, there's a game today".