Foad

Re: Who would you rather have
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »
Who would you want?

Who else is on the team?

boo3

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 01:21:40 PM »
 Weird question...  A small Forward, A scoring point guard who was injured the whole time here, and a small 2 guard. 

I'll take Harrison..  I was never a huge DJ fan..  I always though he was overrated by almost everyone.  He was a good player for 4 years..

Harrison, OTOH,  has been the leader( and leading scorer) since day one.

I would have loved to have seen Showtime in his prime health..

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 03:14:02 PM »
All three showed they could be the best player on a bad team. Harrison could still prove he can be the best player on a tourney team, but only DJ has shown he could be a good player on a good team.
If I was starting a SJU team from scratch I would pick Harrison over the other two.

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 04:11:02 PM »
DJ.  I swear we would have made the Final Four in 2011 if DJ hadn't gotten hurt.  That bracket was so weak (and was the bracket Butler eventually came out of)
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 04:15:32 PM »
DJ was our guy. When Norm made him the star, we were a 6 win team. When he was Robin to Hardy's Batman, he was terrific. I don't think DJ and Harrison are a fair comparison. I see DJ as the ultimate role player, and Harrison as a strong scoring guard.

Hill shouldn't be on here, because he wasn't able to play after hurting his knee in 05-06 vs Niagara. When he was healthy as a freshman, he was better than both DJ and Harrison. He was the quickest player in the league. To me, it was a bad omen that he came here with the nickname "Showtime".
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:02:52 PM by Poison »

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 07:52:42 PM »
DJ.  I swear we would have made the Final Four in 2011 if DJ hadn't gotten hurt.  That bracket was so weak (and was the bracket Butler eventually came out of)

The bracket was super weak, but we got destroyed and DJ wouldn't have made the difference.  Gonzaga toyed with us, and it wasn't as close as the score.
Harrison by a mile. 

DFF6

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 08:14:48 PM »

The bracket was super weak, but we got destroyed and DJ wouldn't have made the difference.  Gonzaga toyed with us, and it wasn't as close as the score.
Harrison by a mile. 

+1, but I think if DJ didn't get hurt we would have received a higher seed and would have avoided Gonzaga for at least one round.

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 08:24:03 PM »
That was just an all around terrible game for us. Out in Denver against a hot Gonzaga team (as I remember) right after DJ went down. I think we probably could have been a 5 seed if he wasn't injured, also I think the entire complexion of that game would have changed if he were in. Defense is a lot easier when you only have to focus on 1 and occasionally 2 guys (Brownlee).

Not saying we would have won that game, but it would have been completely different.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 12:03:29 AM »

Harrison by a mile.   
Wow, Marillac finally gets one right!  ;) :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:04:15 AM by Celtics11 »

Johnny23

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 07:39:42 AM »
Talk about a low measuring stick. Harrison is the best out of these 3 and that's not saying much.

Tha Kid

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 09:00:39 AM »
Talk about a low measuring stick. Harrison is the best out of these 3 and that's not saying much.

Question wasn't who was best it's who we'd rather have.  Dangelo got suspended for the end of last season.  There are games where it looks like he's out of it.  Give me DJ. I like dangelo but DJ always have his all and was a key contributor. 

It's the same reason why id pick guys like Charles minlend as Tyrone grant over certain guys more talented than them.
"I drink and I know things"

DFF6

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 09:19:32 AM »

Question wasn't who was best it's who we'd rather have.  Dangelo got suspended for the end of last season.  There are games where it looks like he's out of it.  Give me DJ. I like dangelo but DJ always have his all and was a key contributor. 

It's the same reason why id pick guys like Charles minlend as Tyrone grant over certain guys more talented than them.

Mineland is one of my all-time favorites.  Did all of the litte things and smart kid (I recall he graduated from SJU's pharmacy program).  We could absolutely use a guy like him.

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 09:25:21 AM »
Agree. Would love a mineland or a Tyrone grant

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 09:45:43 AM »
showtime.  if healthy.
deadly off the bounce, sick passer and better shooter than he got credit for (remember when was bombing threes at the carrier dome).
also a good defender.
kid was going nba before injuries.

Johnny23

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 09:51:31 AM »
Mineland was a warrior and all heart. He also had good basketball IQ, something this team is sorely lacking.

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »
Minlend is a hall of famer for getting into with that punk Donny Marshall...

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 12:36:27 PM »
Showtime pre-injury.  Sublime scoring talent.

If you think 3'lo has to carry the scoring load,  you should have seen what Daryl tried to do post the "steel city sexcapade".  You try scoring in a lineup with Phil MIssere, Andre Stanley and Curtis Johnson.

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 12:39:17 PM »
kid was going nba before injuries.

No he wasn't.  More scorer than playmaker and not even 6' tall.