Marquette Game 2

• 202 replies
Re: Marquette Game 2
« Reply #200 on: March 09, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »
Never had a doubt  :)

In all seriousness though even though choking away that lead is about as embarrassing as it gets, gotta give the team credit for regaining their composure and winning a tough road game in a place that isn't easy to play in. Easy for me to say because I didn't see the game, but I think still finding away to win despite what happened counts for something

Obviously giving up that lead late should not have happened.  But man to go from 9-8 and 0-5 to 20-11 and 10-8 is pretty darn good.  Give them a lot of credit.  And Coach as well.

Need to keep it going.

Thursday afternoon is going to be fun.

Agree with Fordham.  I also think 4 Big East teams will get in.  Need to win next game and I think we will do so.  I'd rather keep winning just to make sure though.

There is no way BE only gets 3 teams in. Winner of SJU/Prov game gets to dance imo.

That's what I feel as well.

P.S.  Did you see the refs fall asleep and assume the buzzer would sound when there was still about 2 seconds left in the 1st overtime?  Exact same scenario as at the end of that BE tournament game when JB2 walked, stepped out of bounds and then threw the ball to the rafters before time had expired.  Alas, Jim Burr and company just ran off the court. 

Here, Prince steals the ball from Mayo with 3 seconds left.  Would have been a perfect time for us to call a TO and set up a last second 3'lo game winner attempt but I digress. Instead, Rysheed or maybe Jakarr brain freezes thinking the OT is over and just starts walking with the ball.  No travel call and Marquette doesn't get a chance at a game winner near their basket.

« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2014, 04:27:14 PM »

In all seriousness though even though choking away that lead is about as embarrassing as it gets, gotta give the team credit for regaining their composure and winning a tough road game in a place that isn't easy to play in. Easy for me to say because I didn't see the game, but I think still finding away to win despite what happened counts for something

Obviously giving up that lead late should not have happened.  But man to go from 9-8 and 0-5 to 20-11 and 10-8 is pretty darn good.  Give them a lot of credit.  And Coach as well.

Need to keep it going.

Agree with Fordham.  I also think 4 Big East teams will get in.  Need to win next game and I think we will do so.  I'd rather keep winning just to make sure though.

There is no way BE only gets 3 teams in. Winner of SJU/Prov game gets to dance imo.

P.S.  Did you see the refs fall asleep and assume the buzzer would sound when there was still about 2 seconds left in the 1st overtime?  Exact same scenario as at the end of that BE tournament game when JB2 walked, stepped out of bounds and then threw the ball to the rafters before time had expired.  Alas, Jim Burr and company just ran off the court. 

Here, Prince steals the ball from Mayo with 3 seconds left.  Would have been a perfect time for us to call a TO and set up a last second 3'lo game winner attempt but I digress. Instead, Rysheed or maybe Jakarr brain freezes thinking the OT is over and just starts walking with the ball.  No travel call and Marquette doesn't get a chance at a game winner near their basket.

You could also argue that Mayo fouled Sampson
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »

Need to keep it going.

You could also argue that Mayo fouled Sampson

Yep. Mayo had a brain fart and fouled Sampson before he walked