Final Grades

• 5 replies
Final Grades
« on: March 14, 2014, 10:02:19 AM »
I don't watch the NIT, would rather watch F Troop reruns, so this is my swan song until next year.

Obekpa-C+
Game changer on D. Two seasons is not enough to refine his offensive game, but what I would have him do is attack the boards especially on offensive end.If he improves his board work will eventually get paid to play basketball somewhere. Looked pissed off all year and got shafted with PT early on so I would not be shocked if he transfers or something.

Sampson-B
uneven season. Mid range jumpers and dunks won't cut it at next level. Needs to get stronger and improve range. Hitch in his shot will make improving range difficult. If he gets stronger and gets more consistent should form nice threesome next year with DLO and Jordan. Free throw shooting is pathetic!

Harrison-A
The funny thing is he struggled most with is his three point shot. Not a good athlete but plays big, plays hard and I hope he gets into tourney next season. Anyone who still criticizes him is stupid!

Jordan-B+
Should have been given the ball from day 1 when we could have lived with any growing pains and by time BE season started he would be primed and ready. If Lavin would have done this 0-5 probably doesn't happen and Jordan is BE rookie of the year. Needs to improve his jumper(has nice touch, and is so good at getting in the lane, he just needs to be a decent shooter) and free throw shooting. I hope he stays!

Greene-D
Ironically Greene's role should be the one everyone envisioned for Hooper. Greene has developed a nice three point shot if he gets his feet set and he is wide open. That should be his role going forward as he does nothing else well.His perimeter D is atrocious.

Sanchez-C-
Def did not live up to the hype. I actually like his game and our team was not the best fit for him. Would have benefitted from playing in a more open offensive style to showcase his talents. I would have liked to have gone with big lineup with him at the 4. I think if we would have tried that it would have been our best lineup.

God's Gift-C
Plays hard and is our best low post defender. Bad finisher and awful free throw shooter. Looks like Clay Davis from the Wire. Same receding hairline anyway. Clay Davis was a better free throw shooter though.

Dom's evil twin-F
Wow, hopefully Dom is tied up somewhere like Enriqo Palazzo the National Anthem singer from Naked Gun and the guy who sucked all year was his evil twin.

Branch-B-
Can't shoot and needs to get stronger. Offense does look better when he plays and is a creative driver and passer. Better basketball player than Greene and should play more than him next season.

Bourgault-INC
Has nice hair and is French bet he got laid a lot

Hooper-F
Didn't get a lot of opportunities and did nothing with them. He is white.

Felix-INC
Should punch Lavin in the groin if he loses the year of eligibility

Walkon that started Gtown game-F

Lavin- F for first half of season. B for 2nd half. C total
Someone should introduce Lavin to the three pointer. I think it has been around since 1987 in college. Maybe that is why he thought Bourgault was the greatest shooter he has ever seen. He did not know people can shoot threes. We don't shoot them and don't defend them. Needs to start recruiting kids that can knock down shots. Also has to stop the mad scientist routine with rotations and lineups. If he continues to recruit and can stay out of his own way I think we will eventually be ok.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:10:03 AM by we are sju »

Re: Final Grades
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »
Agree with most of what you said:

Obekpa-C+
Too many stupid fouls.

Sampson-B
Needs to improve handle.

Harrison-A
Should get involved in offense sooner in games and move without the ball more.

Jordan-B+

Greene-D
Can't understand Lavin's love affair. Should be a spot player off the bench.

Sanchez-C-
Major letdown after the hype. Can't play D, took too many 3's and too many dumb fouls.

God's Gift-C
We knew what we were getting.

Dom's evil twin-F
What happened to him. He totally regressed from last year.

Branch-C

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 09:49:40 PM »
I have to say, that there has most definitely been worse seasons than this last one, but for my money this has been the most frustrating/ annoying one.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »
F from top to bottom. Not impressed by anything

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 02:55:37 AM »
Wsju commsnts on Max hooper...lmfao...

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 06:57:48 PM »
Obekpa-C+
.....I would not be shocked if he transfers or something.

Bourgault-INC
Has nice hair and is French bet he got laid a lot

Hooper-F
Didn't get a lot of opportunities and did nothing with them. He is white.

Felix-INC
Should punch Lavin in the groin if he loses the year of eligibility

Walkon that started Gtown game-F

Good stuff, it's almost as if you foreshadowed Obekpa's transfer!