mike vaccaro on lavin

• 8 replies
mike vaccaro on lavin
« on: March 16, 2014, 02:08:23 PM »
in today's ny post mike suggests that steve lavin "has to do things a little different starting now ."  i have no idea what exactly he is referring to... style of play?  type of basketball players he recruits?  more coherent substitution patterns?  staff?  .  more/less flexibility?

goredmen

Re: mike vaccaro on lavin
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 02:12:01 PM »
in today's ny post mike suggests that steve lavin "has to do things a little different starting now ."  i have no idea what exactly he is referring to... style of play?  type of basketball players he recruits?  more coherent substitution patterns?  staff?  .  more/less flexibility?

Ban himself from calling timeouts or making substitutions during the game and delegate those responsibilities to competent in-game coaches

Foad

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 02:13:45 PM »
in today's ny post mike suggests that steve lavin "has to do things a little different starting now ."  i have no idea what exactly he is referring to

He's referring to winning meaningful games and not making excuses when he doesn't. The honeymoon's over. It's time for the bimbo we married to go in the kitchen and make us a sandwich.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 03:58:58 PM »
in today's ny post mike suggests that steve lavin "has to do things a little different starting now ."  i have no idea what exactly he is referring to

He's referring to winning meaningful games and not making excuses when he doesn't. The honeymoon's over. It's time for the bimbo we married to go in the kitchen and make us a sandwich.

We got a sandwich this year.  I want a hot meal.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 04:06:25 PM »
I think what he's referring to is to start recruiting players and not freakish athletes. Even in respect to Jordan , although he's a great athlete he also possesses an amazing basketball acumen for a freshman. Pointer, Obekpa and Jakarr are amazing leapers, shot blockers and run like gazelles but they just don't have a basketball IQ.  Look at Wragge from creighton, or that point guard from USF that burnt us last season. Not the most gifted athletes, but they had basketball smarts. We need shooters and rebounders and smart players.

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 04:07:52 PM »
I think what he's referring to is to start recruiting players and not freakish athletes. Even in respect to Jordan , although he's a great athlete he also possesses an amazing basketball acumen for a freshman. Pointer, Obekpa and Jakarr are amazing leapers, shot blockers and run like gazelles but they just don't have a basketball IQ.  Look at Wragge from creighton, or that point guard from USF that burnt us last season. Not the most gifted athletes, but they had basketball smarts. We need shooters and rebounders and smart players.

Great post. Spot on

Foad

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 05:35:32 PM »

Yeah, a shit sandwich.

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 05:38:15 PM »

Yeah, a shit sandwich.

Yeah, a shit sandwich.

Baloney!        (Bologna?)

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 10:48:29 PM »
All of those things and many, many more.