Opinions - Possible Future Candidates for HC?

• 94 replies

Poison

Re: Opinions - Possible Future Candidates for HC?
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »
This is the second time in 5yrs that Duke suffered time a humiliating loss to a double digit team. Clearly coach K is under performing, does anyone think he will be available for an interview? :-)

He's choking much more often than in recent years. It's wonderful to see. I just hope that Duke fans everywhere will continue to suffer all summer long.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2014, 12:24:41 PM »
This is the second time in 5yrs that Duke suffered time a humiliating loss to a double digit team. Clearly coach K is under performing, does anyone think he will be available for an interview? :-)

He's choking much more often than in recent years. It's wonderful to see. I just hope that Duke fans everywhere will continue to suffer all summer long.

It would have been great if UNC lost as well...Having Coach K eating humble pie after the crap he spewed about the A10 and never playing Maryland again because they left the ACC is just terrific.
Cougar O' Malley

desco80

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2014, 12:57:36 PM »
It's amazing how jealous some of you guys are of winning programs.   You realize Duke isn't our rival right?   
Who the hell cares what they do?    Coach K doesn't want to play Maryland anymore? Great.  90% of you say the same thing about us playing BC or Syracuse.

boo3

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2014, 01:14:57 PM »
 We used to play Duke every year. Had some all time classic games against them.  Last out of conference loss at Cameron Indoor is to STJ..  Everyone hates Duke, not just StJ fans...

Is it jealousy?  Sure, why not?   We did have a nice little rivalry going with them.. 

Thankfully, a lot of us were STJ fans when they were actually good...The history of the program didn't start with Norm Roberts.

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2014, 01:36:21 PM »
We played Duke but we are not rivals.  They could not give a crap about us other than playing at MSG as often as possible.  Their rivals are 1. Carolina, 2. the ACC, 3. Other elite programs (minimally).

When we beat them a few years back, a Duke alum that came to the game with me didn't care a bit---other than for having to hear my trash talk.  OOC losses mean little to them.

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2014, 02:03:40 PM »
It's amazing how jealous some of you guys are of winning programs.   You realize Duke isn't our rival right?   
Who the hell cares what they do?    Coach K doesn't want to play Maryland anymore? Great.  90% of you say the same thing about us playing BC or Syracuse.

I agree, we should only be allowed to bash our program.

Foad

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »
You realize Duke isn't our rival right?    Who the hell cares what they do?

Billy Singleton cares.

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2014, 02:46:31 PM »
It's Massielo , then everyone else. Hire him tonight
You just want to remove the thorn from your side and leave my guys rudderless - lol

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2014, 03:06:06 PM »
Of course Duke is not a rival, but their coach and his conference helped destroy the Big East by their conference constantly raiding the BE. Coach K was celebrating that fact. When Maryland left for a better deal he got his panties in a was about it...I just find it ironic. It was enjoyable to watch the same coach that was disparaging other conferences lose in the first round...BTW the worse the ACC does (as with the other power conferences) and the better the BE does only help our conference...

their was a lot of Creighton fans on the SA river walk and I actually thanked them for representing the BE well...Unlike SJU.

Ultimately SJU needs to win, and if they become consistent winners again the team will be alright. You may find it silly but is it any sillier the dreaming of a new head coach where the only rumor came out about Lavin leaving is on the JJ board...
Cougar O' Malley

uwsfan

« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2014, 12:07:02 PM »
In order of preference:

1. Gregg marshall
2. Shaka Smart
3.Archie Miller
4. Tom Crean
5. Massileo
5. Hurley

Poison

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2014, 12:10:11 PM »
Of course Duke is not a rival, but their coach and his conference helped destroy the Big East by their conference constantly raiding the BE. Coach K was celebrating that fact. When Maryland left for a better deal he got his panties in a was about it...I just find it ironic. It was enjoyable to watch the same coach that was disparaging other conferences lose in the first round...BTW the worse the ACC does (as with the other power conferences) and the better the BE does only help our conference...

their was a lot of Creighton fans on the SA river walk and I actually thanked them for representing the BE well...Unlike SJU.

Ultimately SJU needs to win, and if they become consistent winners again the team will be alright. You may find it silly but is it any sillier the dreaming of a new head coach where the only rumor came out about Lavin leaving is on the JJ board...

I agree 100%. "Ultimately SJU needs to win, and if they become consistent winners again the team will be alright"

« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2014, 12:15:35 PM »
In order of preference:

1. Gregg marshall
2. Shaka Smart
3.Archie Miller
4. Tom Crean
5. Massileo
5. Hurley

Slaps you to wake you up from your day dream!

NYCoffey

« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2014, 02:31:52 PM »
In order of preference:

1. Gregg marshall
2. Shaka Smart
3.Archie Miller
4. Tom Crean
5. Massileo
5. Hurley

Archie Miller signed an extension till 2018-2019
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2014/story/_/id/10665372/archie-miller-dayton-flyers-contract-extended-2018-19

« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2014, 10:42:46 AM »
We'll end up with Penny Marshall.  Couldn't even get our first choice of Garry Marshall...