Should we be worried?

• 25 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Should we be worried?
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 10:54:53 PM »
I think we are going to get exactly what we need, 4-5 players who are under the radar type players who will be 4 year players. Lavin is not going to bring in players who are not D1 level talent. I just hope they are all basketball players, guards who can pass and dribble, and big's who could rebound and defend. Isn't this what people wanted? Now it looks like we are not in on any 1-2 year and done type players and people are complaining. 

Johnny23

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 11:13:37 PM »
Very worried. Only Obekpa returns upfront if he's staying. Not sure how Lavin 4 years into the job and 3 straight non NCAA postseasons can afford to "take" a season on the recruiting trail off. For him to be looking towards '15 and '16 recruits and not focusing on the now seems lazy and like he's taking this job for granted.

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 02:17:15 AM »
I think we are going to get exactly what we need, 4-5 players who are under the radar type players who will be 4 year players. Lavin is not going to bring in players who are not D1 level talent. I just hope they are all basketball players, guards who can pass and dribble, and big's who could rebound and defend. Isn't this what people wanted? Now it looks like we are not in on any 1-2 year and done type players and people are complaining. 

Problem is other than Delarosa, we arent known to be in on any players.

Also its not like we werent in those guys, We were and we lost.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:41:25 AM by Save The Hero »

lihoop

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 07:22:19 AM »
guys are bolting from the team, says a lot about Lavin's credibility.
seems like this is a sinking ship to me.

Foad

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 07:52:08 AM »

For some teams the Final Four is the college basketball championship. For SJU it's how many players are left after the rest of them run away from Lavin.

DFF6

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 07:56:04 AM »

For some teams the Final Four is the college basketball championship. For SJU it's how many players are left after the rest of them run away from Lavin.

LOL!  How sad will it be if Phil leaves this team?  Of all people who should be loyal to Lavin to the end, it's that guy!  I hope Carmine can take this stress.