Max Hooper transferring?

• 76 replies
Re: Max Hooper transferring?
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »
official

StJohnsBasketball ‏@StJohnsBBall  34s
Sophomore guard Max Hooper has been given permission to explore transfer opportunities. We wish Max all the best! #SJUBB

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2014, 07:21:55 PM »
Something isn't right...

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2014, 07:23:53 PM »

Petey

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2014, 07:38:58 PM »
program hasn't been the same since dj got hurt. we're doomed.

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2014, 07:51:02 PM »
meanwhile in Lavinwood: Losing players left and right, signs on with Fox, no recruiting in 2014.

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2014, 08:28:13 PM »
He graduated. I guess this means he can transfer without having to sit out.

This makes much more sense now because now he can go to a good graduate school and maybe get some playing time in the process.

paultzman

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2014, 10:00:22 PM »
Wish he would have stayed. Needed consistent minutes to have a chance.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2014, 10:05:24 PM »
I would hate to be caught in an emergency with some of you guys the way you panic.

We lost a kid to the NBA and his best friend and roommate of three years, who got no PT, leaves AFTER GRADUATING.   
We have five scholarships open now!  Our best three players are returning...including the entire back court and five guys that have started over 20 games.

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »
I think all of the kids are just upset that Dante Restaurant closed.

Marillac

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2014, 10:26:33 PM »
I think all of the kids are just upset that Dante Restaurant closed.

What???!?! Dante's closed...
I'm done reading these boards...my heart can only take so much.

goredmen

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2014, 10:52:03 PM »
I would hate to be caught in an emergency with some of you guys the way you panic.

We lost a kid to the NBA and his best friend and roommate of three years, who got no PT, leaves AFTER GRADUATING.   
We have five scholarships open now!  Our best three players are returning...including the entire back court and five guys that have started over 20 games.

Right now we literally have no frontcourt depth. None. Dom Pointer will be playing extended minutes at the 4 next year because there is nobody behind Obekpa and Jones. Think about that. If you are expecting Adonis to come in and be an instant contributor then you have another coming. Maybe Lav can pull in a Juco or something but how much will a Juco big actually contribute next year? How in the world is this team going to be better next year than they were this year after losing 3 of the 4 main frontcourt players? By player development alone?

MCNPA

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2014, 11:03:54 PM »

Right now we literally have no frontcourt depth. None. Dom Pointer will be playing extended minutes at the 4 next year because there is nobody behind Obekpa and Jones. Think about that. If you are expecting Adonis to come in and be an instant contributor then you have another coming. Maybe Lav can pull in a Juco or something but how much will a Juco big actually contribute next year? How in the world is this team going to be better next year than they were this year after losing 3 of the 4 main frontcourt players? By player development alone?

Forget depth.  We have no frontcourt starting caliber players.  Even Obekpa isn't a full-time starter just yet.  Lavin is in trouble.  The fans are in in even more trouble.   Our frontcourt won't be able to score 16 points per game.

Tiznow

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2014, 11:06:27 PM »
program hasn't been the same since dj got hurt. we're doomed.

You must be 4 years old. 

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2014, 11:15:35 PM »

If we were able to get a JUCO player similar to the caliber of GG I think the front court will be ok. Contingent upon Obekpa not only returning but making another step forward (esp not getting two fouls in 90 seconds) and have ADR being able to play a solid 10-15 min per game.

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2014, 11:17:18 PM »
And all that is assuming that we don't somehow land an impact player, via recruitment or transfer. Despite the staff's shortcomings, they have pulled some major rabbits out of hats in the spring signing period. I mean up until the very end (if I remember right) most people did not expect Jordan or JKS to end up here.

cjfish

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2014, 11:39:27 PM »
and the Sprit of SJU basketball, Joe Lapchick, Sayeth
"all of ye far and wide heed my words Sir Dom shall play in the RUcker and be infused with the spirits of the Hawk, Black Jesus and Caazzie.  He will rise from the depths like a horsed serpent and fly across the NCAA schedule wrecking havoc where ere he goes"  Louie wonders to whom the havoc will be directed....will the serpent eat it's tail?"

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2014, 10:56:58 AM »
Ring Ring Ring...

Hooper's Mom: Hello?
Max: Hey mom it's me.
HM: Hey hon.  What's up?
MH: I got something to tell you
HM: Oh no, not again...
MH: Yeah, I'm leaving St. John's

Phone Drops

MH: Mom, you there?
HM: Where now Maxy?  Please tell me back to Harvard. Please.
MH: Sorry mom. Not Harvard. Thinking about Arizona State.
HM: YOU'RE GOING WHERE!
Hooper's Mom collapses.
MH: Mom?
HM: Life Alert! I've fallen and can't get up.

desco80

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2014, 10:57:43 AM »
And all that is assuming that we don't somehow land an impact player, via recruitment or transfer. Despite the staff's shortcomings, they have pulled some major rabbits out of hats in the spring signing period. I mean up until the very end (if I remember right) most people did not expect Jordan or JKS to end up here.

There are no recruits of remotely Jordan or JKS's caliber that is unsigned.
Transfers possibly.    But you can't hold out for a Rysheed Jordan when they're all signed.

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »

There are no recruits of remotely Jordan or JKS's caliber that is unsigned.
Transfers possibly.    But you can't hold out for a Rysheed Jordan when they're all signed.

That's true, I don't expect someone that good and I don't think we really need someone that good, my point was that I trust the staff to pull a pretty good player or two and then maybe a project (though I wouldn't really be holding my breath that said project will ever develop).