Mid Major transformation...

• 82 replies
Mid Major transformation...
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:28:35 PM »
Anyone else noticing how this is going down for this program?

Re: Mid Major transformation...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »
Anyone else noticing how this is going down for this program?

No, please, please tell us!

mkras99

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 05:32:44 PM »
Good work, Baldi.

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 05:34:16 PM »
Sure.  Take a look at the transfers that some guys were drooling over

It's becoming a laughing stock.

A lot of enabling here.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 05:35:52 PM »

A lot of enabling here.

Weak, I'm disappointed. You can do much better.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 05:38:31 PM »

A lot of enabling here.
Yep.  Part bad luck, but one has to make their own luck.  Dana Altman was a master at building up Ducks with his mid west transfer connection. 

I feel good for DPIII & Gathers, but it hurts too.  Circumstance is a real bitch...

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 05:46:12 PM »
Remember when it used to be fun going to watch St Johns with your brother, father, kids or nephews ? Now it just seems like a chore. Like taking out the garbage.  Problem is, Lavin recruited a bunch of aholes. I feel like I need a shower after watching this team play, and a bottle of Jameson.

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »
It didn't take long for this place to become BigEastBoards 2.0

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 05:57:24 PM »
Go talk to anyone about St Johns Basketball. The ones who follow college ball will just shake their heads, others will  just look at you like you're nuts. 1 big bowl of irrelevancy

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 06:03:59 PM »
Remember when it used to be fun going to watch St Johns with your brother, father, kids or nephews ? Now it just seems like a chore. Like taking out the garbage.  Problem is, Lavin recruited a bunch of aholes. I feel like I need a shower after watching this team play, and a bottle of Jameson.

I feel for the most part it was a fun season. The only game I went to that sucked was the Xavier game. For the season, it was the most games I've attended since working in the SJU athletic dept during the late 90s.

I just don't get too worked up over any sporting team.

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 09:15:16 PM »

I feel for the most part it was a fun season. The only game I went to that sucked was the Xavier game. For the season, it was the most games I've attended since working in the SJU athletic dept during the late 90s.

I just don't get too worked up over any sporting team.

I wouldn't keep responding to this clown troll. Ever notice how he disappears during winning streaks. He is all that is wrong with message boards. Sad that he gets his jollies this way. Pretty pathetic to say the least.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:16:11 PM by Billthetruth »

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 09:16:15 PM »
Winning streaks?

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 09:22:13 PM »
Winning streaks?

We know you know about losing streaks. You have been on one since the day you were born.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:22:49 PM by Billthetruth »

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 09:25:44 PM »
Troll Troll Troll  >:(Everybody here knows you are one. You are insufferable. You add nothing constructive to these topics
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:26:47 PM by Billthetruth »

kob24

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 09:28:37 PM »
Guys calm the #$%^ down. It can be fixed but it depends on lavin. He has the right charisma but his pride might be his down fall. Just have to wait and see. The 2015 class will tell it all.

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 09:30:22 PM »
St. John's has tradition and a lot of selling points but at the end of the day a good product on and off the court will be what makes St. John's a major program again.  Maybe the reality is that we are now more a mid-major in a major market?  Regardless it doesn't mean we can't get back to winning and feeling good about the program.  Any business that has the wrong people making hiring decisions usually doesn't just need new personnel it needs new people making hires...Coach Lavin takes a hit here...he brought talent but maybe not the right personalities (just a guess).  Lavin has won to an extent but to what folks on this board or for that matter what I expect but he has won and made progression.  I'll be ok if he stays and I'll be ok if he leaves....I just hope there is more of a plan moving forward
Follow me @ek_underdog

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 09:31:08 PM »
I don't know you personally but if you don't like SJU (which you clearly don't) why do you bother coming here and annoying those who do. Do you get pleasure out of being the typical "Internet Jerk"

I think you are a college graduate but you act like a grade school kid.

mkras99

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 09:33:40 PM »
What do you mean by pride, kob?

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 09:34:53 PM »
The board acts as if because two guys are leaving its end of world. One kid is leaving for nba, not a good choice but none the less, kid is going to nba and the other, is a kid leaving who couldn't make it here.  When  hooper ran, I would cringe, cause I honestly thought he may break in half, he was so  stiff.  Not to mention, it's that time of year when you see the most negative action on any team not in tourney because it allows players and schools to get time to do what's best for their future endevors.

All the obepka, Phil Greene transfer talk is not helping, but until they leave, they are part of this program moving forward and that's a good thing.  Give Lavin a few weeks to a month  and he will get a few players that will help the roster.  Every coach in America feels the heat every day  when things are going bad and lavin is no exception, even if he has a guaranteed contract.

The roof is caving in now, but it has not collapsed because the foundation is still there from a 20 win team.  He knows that next year is at the the utmost importantance for school, recruiting and his coaching career, that is if he still wants to coach, which I believe he does.

How he plans to rebuild, is a mystery to all of us but you can bet he will get a few kids that come out of no where, especially with all the transfers,and unsigned players that will emerge.

desco80

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 09:36:46 PM »
Why do you guys need to react so vehemently to Baldi?     You're blowing what he says out of proportion.   His comments really aren't that inflammatory.
He's a good guy.