Phil Greene

• 84 replies

paultzman

Phil Greene
« on: March 26, 2014, 08:32:07 PM »
JayOn just called Sampson & Hooper exits;

@LAVINWOOD: The man @JayOn_1 is now 2 for 2. Now also suggesting that Phill Greene is thinking about transferring. #sjubb

Re: Phil Greene
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 08:33:18 PM »
Amazing

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »
He then wrote that Greene was frustrated and probobly not going to transfer.  We sometimes forget that these are young men who want to be successful and when things dont work out get a little down.  Really don't think the entire team is going to trasnsfer out. 

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 08:40:50 PM »
Can't make this shit up, by the end of the week will Lavin have a team??

Dude needs to get the #$%^ out now

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 08:41:54 PM »
Dont let the door hit you on the way out, Phil.

Absolutely nerve-racking every time he has the ball in his hands which is not good for a guard.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 09:01:29 PM »

@LAVINWOOD: The man @JayOn_1 is now 2 for 2. Now also suggesting that Phill Greene is thinking about transferring. #sjubb
Now that would be amazing...a guy getting more playing time and free reign than he merits thinking about training...I guess its along the lines of not wanting to be with someone who would have him

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 11:32:09 PM »
Where the hell does this guy think he would get more PT? Where does he think another coach would let him run around in circles?

LJSA

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 02:41:29 AM »
Seems like good news to me if true, because it means that he knows Jordan and Harrison are back for sure. A sudden lack of depth can be filed under the drawbacks column, though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:55:42 PM by LJSA »

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 07:57:20 AM »
maybe it because he read this constantly panicked blog, that tells him he is useless piece of s**t everyday..

DFF6

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 08:15:09 AM »
maybe it because he read this constantly panicked blog, that tells him he is useless piece of s**t everyday..

Of course.  No more critical posts of any SJU player, ever.  That should solve the problem..

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 08:57:32 AM »
Nice try, it's one thing to be critical and another to rip a player constantly, like he has a character defect. He is trying his best, not good enough for you. So keep on pounding away.

If you couldn't criticize this board wouldn't have any posters. Look in the mirror.

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 09:58:35 AM »

Now that would be amazing...a guy getting more playing time and free reign than he merits thinking about training...I guess its along the lines of not wanting to be with someone who would have him

Wow set of Onions on Greene. What the hell was he unhappy about? Two best players on team were guards and he still played too much.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 10:00:51 AM »

Wow set of Onions on Greene. What the hell was he unhappy about? Two best players on team were guards and he still played too much.

lol
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 10:59:37 AM »
He is declaring for the Siberian League Draft

DFF6

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 11:24:32 AM »
Nice try, it's one thing to be critical and another to rip a player constantly, like he has a character defect. He is trying his best, not good enough for you. So keep on pounding away.

If you couldn't criticize this board wouldn't have any posters. Look in the mirror.

Phil?  Is that you?

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »

Phil?  Is that you?

It's Linda...

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 11:51:03 AM »

Phil?  Is that you?
So you see Phil in the mirror, well at least that is a start. Imagine if someone like Phil was your son, what would you be telling him?

DFF6

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 11:58:15 AM »

Phil?  Is that you?
So you see Phil in the mirror, well at least that is a start. Imagine if someone like Phil was your son, what would you be telling him?

I'd tell him to stay at SJU, because he will never get the same pt anywhere else worth playing at.  FWIW, I am not an anti-Phil guy. I like what he can add, just disagree with the way Lavin has used (or over-used) him.

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 12:37:50 PM »

Phil?  Is that you?

I'd tell him to stay at SJU, because he will never get the same pt anywhere else worth playing at.  FWIW, I am not an anti-Phil guy. I like what he can add, just disagree with the way Lavin has used (or over-used) him.

I agree with you there, its' just the constant criticism of a kid who is trying to do the right thing, but struggles in his role. Not saying it is you, rather the comment of not being able to criticize players. RMU game disgusted me, because it had been repeated many times over the year. Part of it is Lavin leadership, part of is a lack of leadership on the players part.

Jordan will show me something if takes up that role next year, we need it badly.

DFF6

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 12:43:53 PM »

Phil?  Is that you?

I agree with you there, its' just the constant criticism of a kid who is trying to do the right thing, but struggles in his role. Not saying it is you, rather the comment of not being able to criticize players. RMU game disgusted me, because it had been repeated many times over the year. Part of it is Lavin leadership, part of is a lack of leadership on the players part.

Jordan will show me something if takes up that role next year, we need it badly.

Can't agree more re: Jordan.  I was waiting all year for him to take charge of this team, and for reasons above my pay grade, he didn't.  Hopefully next year, (a) he's here, and (b) he runs the team like the stud point guard he is.  If Jordan does that, it will, IMO, make up for a lot of deficiencies we have.