Anyone blocked from St Johns Twitter account

• 60 replies
Re: Anyone blocked from St Johns Twitter account
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 11:14:51 AM »
Since the school is barred from talking about any recruits before they commit, perhaps questions or comments on twitter about recruits is a potential problem area.  Just speculating.

Or perhaps Fratto is a thin skinned little bitch who's attempting to deflect criticism of his role in the basketball program swirling down the toilet.
Since the school is barred from talking about any recruits before they commit, perhaps questions or comments on twitter about recruits is a potential problem area.  Just speculating.

Comments like Ted's are made all the time. He was not expecting a response, just voicing an opinion. Normal course, consistent with your point, is to simply not respond.  Blocking someone, who is an avid supporter of program, and has chatted with Fratto frequently is excessive in my opinion.

I have no idea what the comment was.  As I said, just speculating as to why he might take that action.

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 11:36:05 AM »
somethings smells in the state of denmark

sju89tr

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »
Thanks to all for your comments:

I made 2 comments:

One was about De La Rosa basically not being able to contribute right away and would be a 5 min per half player right now

Theo then tweeted that our RPI was going up with the Wisconsin run and I tweeted that our roster was also going down then I got blocked

I have always had a good relationship with Mark, he could have called me or emailed me to cut it out (not that I am not entitled to my opinion) and Coach Lavin has been friendly as well when I have seen him.

The truth of the matter is that our program is in a very tough situation right now and why shouldn't a fan (or alumnus for that matter) be entitled to express some dissatisfaction.  I had other things on my mind that I dd not tweet or post.

I heard that others were blocked as well which is a disturbing issue,
I thank Paultz for the idea of the new avatar. He now calls me Henry. LOL   

uwsfan

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 12:17:23 PM »
Theo then tweeted that our RPI was going up with the Wisconsin run

What!!? Was this Theo person making a joke?
If not, he should be given the biggest nice person on the planet award now. No competition.
Im not personally on twitter and dont bother much with social media, but it seems that too is managed by a cabal of low iq halfwits. Much like everything else with this university. Seriously, are trained apes running SJU affairs?? With the inept AD Monasch, to the prolonged search for a new pres, to the law school ranking plummeting 30 places in just a few years. What the hell is going on with this place!

Foad

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 12:19:41 PM »
If not, he should be given the biggest nice person on the planet award now. No competition.

And if so then you should get it. Don't forget to thank the members of the academy.

sju89tr

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 12:20:35 PM »

Im not personally on twitter and dont bother much with social media, but it seems that too is managed by a cabal of low iq halfwits. Much like everything else with this university. Seriously, are trained apes running SJU affairs?? With the inept AD Monasch, to the prolonged search for a new pres, to the law school ranking plummeting 30 places in just a few years. What the hell is going on with this place!

He was joking and being sarcastic as was I
I thought it was funny

uwsfan

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 12:31:52 PM »

I thought it was funny

I honestly wish this university were stronger and smarter, like ucla.
Lav is very good at forming personal relationships. He saw a weak admin infested with little people and he like a parasite attached his tentacles into the school and is hoping to suck as much $ as possible before heading back to broadcasting.

If this university were run by wiser people, this guy would have been shown the door already.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:32:18 PM by uwsfan »

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 02:03:44 PM »
Alienating supporters is not the way to build back the fan base.  And anyone who was at the Providence game knows we need more supporters, not less.  I understand blocking people for hateful or inappropriate language.  But, for expressing a negative opinion about the state of the team is not a smart move. 

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 04:00:25 PM »
Please refrain from attacking any individual's character. This includes posters, coaches, players, and university employees. If you want to disagree with their policy that is fair but lets keep the discussion on the topic and not on individuals.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 05:36:09 PM »

I thought it was funny

Lav is very good at forming personal relationships. He saw a weak admin infested with little people and he like a parasite attached his tentacles into the school and is hoping to suck as much $ as possible before heading back to broadcasting.

If this university were run by wiser people, this guy would have been shown the door already.

I thought it was funny

Someone wasn't socialized as a pup.

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 07:07:32 PM »
MF should have been flushed post Norm. 
No need to curse!  :)

Poison

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »

I made 2 comments:

One was about De La Rosa basically not being able to contribute right away and would be a 5 min per half player right now

Theo then tweeted that our RPI was going up with the Wisconsin run and I tweeted that our roster was also going down then I got blocked

I have always had a good relationship with Mark, he could have called me or emailed me to cut it out (not that I am not entitled to my opinion) and Coach Lavin has been friendly as well when I have seen him.

The truth of the matter is that our program is in a very tough situation right now and why shouldn't a fan (or alumnus for that matter) be entitled to express some dissatisfaction.  I had other things on my mind that I dd not tweet or post.

I made 2 comments:

I made 2 comments:

Just wondering, why do you think that Adonis can't contribute?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:18:54 PM by Poison »

sju89tr

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 08:15:17 PM »

I made 2 comments:

I made 2 comments:

I made 2 comments:

He didn't exactly dominate the CHSAA
He is losing weight but still not in great shape
He's a project, who will develop him?   

paultzman

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 08:17:36 PM »

I made 2 comments:

I made 2 comments:

I made 2 comments:

You are now blocked Ted. Get out!  :knuppel2:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:24:29 PM by paultzman »

DFF6

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 08:28:57 PM »

I made 2 comments:

I made 2 comments:

I made 2 comments:

LOL!  Paultzman making a run at board jester of the year, having already locked up other categories!  Nice!

sju89tr

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 10:47:07 PM »

I made 2 comments:

I made 2 comments:

I made 2 comments:

I may need to go back into witness protection after this fiasco LOL

Poison

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 11:06:29 PM »

I made 2 comments:

I made 2 comments:

I made 2 comments:

Ok. You may be the right, but I can see why they blocked you now. You're spitting on a 17 year old kid. One who we are clearly interested in. If St.John's wanted to open up the door to fans commenting on recruiting targets via Twitter, then we'd have people from all over commenting on them. AND we all know full well, they can't comment on recruits. No offense to you, or to anyone with an opinion on a recruit's prospects, but to call him out as a project on twitter is way outa line. Not only is he a high school kid, but you may be dead wrong about him. A lot of under recruited kids from NYC have tore it up in the NCAA tournament over the years.

Everyone on this board thought Dom Pointer would be a beast from day 1 because of his youtube clips with nba dunks, but he wasn't. We both know there's more to player development than a ranking, and there's more to it than their physical condition in high school, too.

If you want to call out STJ, call out the guys in charge. Call out Lavin. Call out Monasch. But 17 year old Adonis Delarosa, deserves a chance to at least graduate high school, and attend his senior prom before we blow up Twitter because he's overweight.

MCNPA

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 02:36:23 AM »
Imo, those whole thing is a smokescreen.  Banning people from twitter access because they discuss recruiting?   Mentioning that Delarosa is a project... Which he IS!   Just like Norm who had cronies complaining about the internet hurting recruiting.  Blame the fans for why we have no 2014' class? This BS always surfaces when things aren't breaking the right way for coaches and their staff.  It's no coincidence. Reminiscent of the Norm days.

Imagine a guy like Jim Calhoun or Tom Izzo worrying about what was said about X recruit or his staff etc on twitter?  They wouldn't give a shit, because they do their business.  Winners don't blame the fans for ruining the recruiting mojo.  Winners go out and win... 

Ted, frankly your ban is likely a sign of increased pressure on Lavin, Fratto and the rest having to finally answer questions as to where things are going and gasp... Be criticized in social media.  Sad..
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:38:55 AM by MCNPA »

Foad

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 06:58:08 AM »
Ok. You may be the right, but I can see why they blocked you now. You're spitting on a 17 year old kid. One who we are clearly interested in. If St.John's wanted to open up the door to fans commenting on recruiting targets via Twitter, then we'd have people from all over commenting on them. AND we all know full well, they can't comment on recruits.

Except blocking someone on Twitter doesn't effect any of that. Anyone can comment on anything, including recruits, using whatever hash- or at- tag they want.

I was banned as well. I don't comment on recruits. I don't know or care who SJ is recruiting. My only SJ-related activity on Twitter was making two or three innocuous comments about Lavin being a numbskull and posting links to game recaps using the sjubb hashtag. I've directed a single tweet @ that SJ account, which I did not even follow. I only learned I was banned from following it because I checked after reading OP's post.

This isn't about recruiting, it's about controlling the flow of negative information: IOW it's about power and propaganda. Maybe that's in the university's and staff's best interests, but it shouldn't be dressed up. It's petty censorship intended to stifle dissent to the extent they're able, which is pretty ironic considering its the sports information department doing it. I'm surprised the university allows individual staff members to treat potential donors - or in T's case an actual donor - that way except I'm sure they don't know, the university's love of money being what it is. If I were a donor I certainly wouldn't send money to someone who refused me access to information about the subject matter of the donation and refused to listen to a benign and inoffensive opinion about it.

Poison

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2014, 08:07:18 AM »
Ok. You may be the right, but I can see why they blocked you now. You're spitting on a 17 year old kid. One who we are clearly interested in. If St.John's wanted to open up the door to fans commenting on recruiting targets via Twitter, then we'd have people from all over commenting on them. AND we all know full well, they can't comment on recruits.

Except blocking someone on Twitter doesn't effect any of that. Anyone can comment on anything, including recruits, using whatever hash- or at- tag they want.

I was banned as well. I don't comment on recruits. I don't know or care who SJ is recruiting. My only SJ-related activity on Twitter was making two or three innocuous comments about Lavin being a numbskull and posting links to game recaps using the sjubb hashtag. I've directed a single tweet @ that SJ account, which I did not even follow. I only learned I was banned from following it because I checked after reading OP's post.

This isn't about recruiting, it's about controlling the flow of negative information: IOW it's about power and propaganda. Maybe that's in the university's and staff's best interests, but it shouldn't be dressed up. It's petty censorship intended to stifle dissent to the extent they're able, which is pretty ironic considering its the sports information department doing it. I'm surprised the university allows individual staff members to treat potential donors - or in T's case an actual donor - that way except I'm sure they don't know, the university's love of money being what it is. If I were a donor I certainly wouldn't send money to someone who refused me access to information about the subject matter of the donation and refused to listen to a benign and inoffensive opinion about it.

I don't disagree. It was a short sighted and childish response. As I stated earlier, STJ doesn't get social media. I'm not sure what they get, except maybe check depositing-the only skill they've remained consistently good at.

Anyone can say whatever they want to them. I was only pointing out, that it isn't our best interests either to discuss recruits. No sense in that. We have a problem with the program, and clearly we do, then pick on the people who'll feel it.