who finishes with the better record ?

• 16 replies
who finishes with the better record ?
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:17:09 AM »
Going to be a fight for 2nd place imo

Re: who finishes with the better record ?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 11:21:44 AM »
Why are people high on Georgetown? Serious question. ICan't name 1 dude on the team

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 11:51:34 AM »
Why are people high on Georgetown? Serious question. ICan't name 1 dude on the team
DSR, or DRS, or ...

Poison

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »
The key to our season is the development of Jordan. He was brilliant at times, and for reasons that I'm not clear on, and probably never will be, at other times, he was lousy.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »
Gtown probably has the most depth in the league - something like 8 former top 100 recruits out of HS.  DSR might be the best player in the conference.

boo3

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »
The key to our season is the development of Jordan. He was brilliant at times, and for reasons that I'm not clear on, and probably never will be, at other times, he was lousy.

He was pretty consistently above average in the second half of the season.. The lousy part came in the beginning of the season.. I chalk it up to being a Freshman and experiencing some growing pains, on and off the court.. 

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 01:04:16 PM »

(A) They are huge
(B) They return a 1st team all conference rising junior.
(C) They have a great reruiting class
(D) They return Trawick and Mikael Hopkins
(E) They are Georgetown

I can confidently say Providence will not finish second.  They relied so heavily on Cotton for scoring and the best option to replace that scoring load just transferred.  I don't think Batts will be too tough to replace with Deroziers, Henton, and Harris. 

St. John's really should be no worse than third....should.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 01:15:35 PM »
I think Jordan could be the best player in the league. Needs to keep his act together though

boo3

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 01:18:02 PM »
 If you follow Jordan on twitter, he is hysterical.  He has all but already declared for next years draft...Hopefully he plays to a level, where it is a no-brainer.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:18:28 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 01:26:41 PM »
If Jordan plays well enough next year to position himself to be a first round pick, than we are going to have a really good season.  While bigs and, to a lesser extent, wings with length, get drafted off a combination of potential and performance, I think history shows that point guards tend to get picked more based upon their on-the-court performance.  Sheed is only working his way into the first round if he has a really good year on the court. 

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 04:13:25 PM »

(A) They are huge
(B) They return a 1st team all conference rising junior.
(C) They have a great reruiting class
(D) They return Trawick and Mikael Hopkins
(E) They are Georgetown

I can confidently say Providence will not finish second.  They relied so heavily on Cotton for scoring and the best option to replace that scoring load just transferred.  I don't think Batts will be too tough to replace with Deroziers, Henton, and Harris. 

St. John's really should be no worse than third....should.

while typically Gtowns  offense doesnt need a  pure point guard, you still need guards to handle pressure and get other involved. Losing starks and his 37 mpg is huge. No other guards return besides DSR and trawick who is really a sf. They do have 3* star pg coming in. Yes they are absolutely huge but I would be disappointed if they finish ahead of us.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

cjfish

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 06:49:49 PM »
SJU has the potential to be first, but they did last year also.  Backcourt should be one of the best in the nation.  Success is dependent on an inexperienced but potentially adequate frontcourt.  If the bigs are decent this team could go a long way.  GT has a bushel of talented bigs and should finish first, you cant teach size.   Nova, as always will be strong.  SH too young but watch out in another year.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 09:42:21 PM »
I think you should have included Xavier in this poll. I think they finish in the top 4.

I think we'll be fine at Guard. DSR and Trawick will start. We bring in concensus 4 Star LJ peak who will play SG and Tre Campbell who is a 4 star on Scout and 3 star else where but ran team takeover one of the best AAU teams around. He'll contribute and be good for Georgetown.

Georgetown now has the title of most talented team in the BE, hopefully they perform better than the previous holder of that title.

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 10:30:28 PM »
I think you should have included Xavier in this poll. I think they finish in the top 4.

I think we'll be fine at Guard. DSR and Trawick will start. We bring in concensus 4 Star LJ peak who will play SG and Tre Campbell who is a 4 star on Scout and 3 star else where but ran team takeover one of the best AAU teams around. He'll contribute and be good for Georgetown.

Georgetown now has the title of most talented team in the BE, hopefully they perform better than the previous holder of that title.

Does any team really have more talent than nova though? They have 3 all league players and a sophomore in heart who Is gonna explode.

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 02:19:19 PM »

Does any team really have more talent than nova though? They have 3 all league players and a sophomore in heart who Is gonna explode.

I'm using talent in the sense that St. John's was talented last year: In recruiting rankings and athleticism. Not in actual basketball results.

I think Nova was the definition of the a team where the sum is greater than the whole of it's parts.

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 02:28:03 PM »

I'm using talent in the sense that St. John's was talented last year: In recruiting rankings and athleticism. Not in actual basketball results.

I think Nova was the definition of the a team where the sum is greater than the whole of it's parts.

Gotchya, fair point.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 07:04:07 AM »
I don't think the back court will be a concern. Harrison and Jordan will be one of the best, if not the best, combos in the conference. You even have good depth behind the, in experienced players like PG IV and Branch.

The success of this season will hinge on the front court. Can Obekpa be counted on for 8-10 ppg? Is Thomas as good as advertised? Will Dom get his head out of his ...? What can Jones provide in terms of offense? We all can say this and that about Sampson and Sanchez, but we all knew they would bring some offense to the table. If this team wants to be successful, it's going to need guys to step up in that FC.