Adonis Delarosa Ineligible

• 148 replies

desco80

Re: Adonis Delarosa Ineligible
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 07:51:29 PM »
This is extremely frustrating, I thought he scored the necessary SAT, what CTK class doesn't pass NCAA regulations?

You're asking us?       

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 07:57:12 PM »
Guaranteed Calapari is on the phone to Briscoe, putting this into his ear.

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 07:58:57 PM »
If he's out a whole semester, just red shirt him. It would actually be better for him to red shirt this season. Our front court is absolutely brutal. Honestly I didn't think he was in shape enough to help us much this season anyway.

Dom better be ready to bang down low this season.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:59:46 PM by redstorm212 »

desco80

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 08:01:28 PM »
If he's out a whole semester, just red shirt him. It would actually be better for him to red shirt this season. Our front court is absolutely brutal. Honestly I didn't think he was in shape enough to help us much this season anyway.

Dom better be ready to bang down low this season.

I think you're mostly right about ADR having little impact this season.   It's not as if any of us envisioned a huge role for him.   
So this isn't the end of the world.   But with Thomas out of the picture, every little bit of depth helped.   

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 08:03:24 PM »
How does the NCAA clear a kid then come back months later saying they made a mistake?

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 08:03:58 PM »
you know that old Seinfeld bit about anyone can take a reservation, but you are not actually doing anything if you don't honor the reservation. "I don't think you really understand how a reservation works." I don't think Lavin understands how to recruit. Anyone can recruit someone. The idea is for that person to you know actually come to the school and you know play a game or two.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:07:20 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2014, 08:04:42 PM »
So what.....

our 2014 recruiting efforts = Amar??

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2014, 08:06:49 PM »
So what.....

our 2014 recruiting efforts = Amar??

Plus walkons. I wonder if one will be given a scholarship now or is it too late?

Chilleb

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2014, 08:08:51 PM »
To add on this was nothing new, this was common knowledge around the community since before he committed and since he took the SAT the first time around. I myself was under the assumption this had passed or he got over, but obviously I was mistaken. Remember you cannot go up over 200 points on your SAT each time you take it. Or it will be flagged.

Poison

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2014, 08:13:50 PM »
To add on this was nothing new, this was common knowledge around the community since before he committed and since he took the SAT the first time around. I myself was under the assumption this had passed or he got over, but obviously I was mistaken. Remember you cannot go up over 200 points on your SAT each time you take it. Or it will be flagged.

What are you talking about? Are you saying that he had someone else take the SATs for him?

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 08:14:40 PM »
does this mean JDL gets time as the backup to CO? Or is he still injured? I swear between the giants and SJU I might drink cyanide

DFF6

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 08:20:54 PM »

Between Thomas and ADR, the perception of this program must be piss poor. I don't care if Briscoe doesn't know who ADR or Thomas are, we look like idiots.

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 08:48:09 PM »
Maybe everyone will just let this one slide?

How many posts are you going to write saying the same thing with different words?  Give it a rest.  Let the details come out before you blame Lavin--or anyone for that matter.

There are plenty of things you can blame on Lavin in the interim....a bad breakfast, cold weather tomorrow,  traffic, etc.

Poison

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 08:50:05 PM »

Between Thomas and ADR, the perception of this program must be piss poor. I don't care if Briscoe doesn't know who ADR or Thomas are, we look like idiots.

No, we don't. Lavin and his staff do. We are just fans. 9-5 we have our own jobs to do. At St.John's, clearly there are people who aren't doing theirs. We may not know who exactly is responsible for this at St.John's, but it doesn't matter. Lavin gets praise when the team wins, and he takes the fall when they lose.

I don't care how he organizes his program. I care that it works.

Chilleb

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 08:50:57 PM »

What are you talking about? Are you saying that he had someone else take the SATs for him?
Didn't say that, there's only but so many times you can take the test, so if the first time around your grade is to low , it may be virtually impossible to get the grade you need especially since your aloud to only go up 200 points everytime you take it. I said nothing like that, and if that were the story out in the media right now, him being ineligible would be the last thing on all of our minds.

Chilleb

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2014, 08:53:34 PM »
In one of zachs tweets it talks about Adonis sat score being possibly flagged. If that were the case it means a previous score in relation to a score on the next test has a spread that is to large,

Poison

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »

Didn't say that, there's only but so many times you can take the test, so if the first time around your grade is to low , it may be virtually impossible to get the grade you need especially since your aloud to only go up 200 points everytime you take it. I said nothing like that, and if that were the story out in the media right now, him being ineligible would be the last thing on all of our minds.

Gotchya. Thanks for clarifying.

desco80

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:42 PM »
In one of zachs tweets it talks about Adonis sat score being possibly flagged. If that were the case it means a previous score in relation to a score on the next test has a spread that is to large,

If chilleb knows this rule, how come our compliance officer and coaching staff dont?
If true, then it wouldn't matter what score ADR got in the spring, he couldn't be eligible.

With that said, it's ridiculous if they throw out your score for too great of an improvement compared to your prior score.

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2014, 09:07:03 PM »
That's what the ACT is for.

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »
Well I didn't think he was gonna play this year but not because of this. Odd timing of this.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle