Adonis Delarosa Ineligible

• 148 replies

DFF6

Re: Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2014, 10:24:32 AM »
An "outside source" informed the NCAA of the issue? 

He probably was wearing a Kentucky hat... 

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2014, 10:25:07 AM »
Can't make this shit up.

Well, you could.

I don't have to anymore.

Look at this way.. You should be used to this by now.  It really shouldn't sting at all.

True. That's a big problem. At some point, you would think the school and administration would get sick of the circus

sju89tr

Re: Adonis Delarosa Ineligible
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2014, 10:25:17 AM »
Another balck eye for the program, always felt the kid should redshirt anyway but if there is proof of academic fraud (falsified SAT scores) how can St Johns keep him as a student? 

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2014, 10:25:56 AM »
An "outside source" informed the NCAA of the issue? 

He probably was wearing a Kentucky hat... 

Or a Fordham hat

paultzman

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2014, 10:27:35 AM »
Or a CTK hat

hnk

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2014, 10:36:01 AM »
Both Blue

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2014, 10:41:41 AM »
I don't understand why people are thinking Calipari had anything to do with this. St Johns is not a threat to Kentucky. Briscoe or not

desco80

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2014, 10:44:18 AM »
I don't understand why people are thinking Calipari had anything to do with this. St Johns is not a threat to Kentucky. Briscoe or not

+1

Also, it's not like the NCAA moves at a lightening pace.   They weren't tipped off on Monday and made a decision by Tuesday.   
They had to have been tipped off a month or two ago.   The timing in regards to Briscoe, is pure coincidence. 

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2014, 11:01:48 AM »

+1

Also, it's not like the NCAA moves at a lightening pace.   They weren't tipped off on Monday and made a decision by Tuesday.   
They had to have been tipped off a month or two ago.   The timing in regards to Briscoe, is pure coincidence.

Usually the NCAA reviews this stuff before the semester starts. They have as much egg of their face clearing a recruit as the school does.

Does SJU have any minimum standards (SAT scores, etc.) required of students?

I've never heard of SAT scores being flagged if the student increases their score by more than 200 points. That sounds crazy to me.

DFF6

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2014, 11:03:28 AM »

My post (Kentucky hat deep throat) was intended as a joke.   However, with regard to Briscoe, I think Calipari knows SJU is a threat, but as others have said, he'll just turn his attention to another 5 star guard if we get Briscoe.  We, OTOH, are expecting Briscoe to be the Messiah of SJU basketball, and losing him is obviously catastrophic to this coaching staff, considering they took a collective vacation while recruiting the 2014 class. 

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »
Who was the third party? Who has an axe to grind with Lavin are Delarosa?

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »

Half of the posters on this site lol

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2014, 11:51:06 AM »

Adonis' coach at CTK doesn't seem to be too happy with Lavin right now. Could easily see it being him

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2014, 12:00:24 PM »

My post (Kentucky hat deep throat) was intended as a joke.   However, with regard to Briscoe, I think Calipari knows SJU is a threat, but as others have said, he'll just turn his attention to another 5 star guard if we get Briscoe.  We, OTOH, are expecting Briscoe to be the Messiah of SJU basketball, and losing him is obviously catastrophic to this coaching staff, considering they took a collective vacation while recruiting the 2014 class. 

Frankly I think that JC could give rats bottom about us.

Regarding the test score.  I really have to say that the NCAA is BS on this issue.  These kids pretty much just get tutored to qualify via the standardized  test.  Their score is supposed to jump the second time.  It is insulting to the kids.  The NCAA makes a fortune off of them yet treat them like scum.  Disgusting...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:09:44 PM by bigmaxnosauce »

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
what did CTK coach say?  i've seen posts saying he went on some type of rant.  can anyone explain?

cjfish

« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »
Disgraceful....Lavin and the entire staff should be canned....2014 wasted....bring back Roberts, at least we can then expect consistent and expected mediocrity with players who qualify.....may have to start following my almamater who I did not even follow when I went there...Fordham...as a good Queens/Molloy boy SJU was it in the 60s....NAH...not yet that desperate but getting close...pray Briscoe is coming....Damnnnnnnn I need a drink.....

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2014, 01:52:50 PM »
Disgraceful....Lavin and the entire staff should be canned....2014 wasted....bring back Roberts, at least we can then expect consistent and expected mediocrity with players who qualify.....may have to start following my almamater who I did not even follow when I went there...Fordham...as a good Queens/Molloy boy SJU was it in the 60s....NAH...not yet that desperate but getting close...pray Briscoe is coming....Damnnnnnnn I need a drink.....
You cannot be THAT close to going back to Fordham rooting.  #FULife  Jaspers gonna roll you again this year.

boo3

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2014, 02:09:13 PM »
 I wish I could change my allegiance.  Not in the DNA... Tired of bad basketball and embarrassing off court scenarios.. 

Poison

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2014, 02:14:08 PM »
How does this happen...

http://nypost.com/2014/11/12/de-la-rosa-latest-st-johns-hoop-player-ruled-ineligible/

We'd all like to know. The trend is concerning. When is STJ concerned to be concerned.

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »

Frankly I think that JC could give rats bottom about us.

Regarding the test score.  I really have to say that the NCAA is BS on this issue.  These kids pretty much just get tutored to qualify via the standardized  test.  Their score is supposed to jump the second time.  It is insulting to the kids.  The NCAA makes a fortune off of them yet treat them like scum.  Disgusting...
Reviewing scores and determining if it "jumped" outside the bounds of what is acceptable by NCAA law is very easy to evaluate.  There must be new information about something other than the score itself.  Was he granted extra time for a fake learning disability?  Did Oliver Miller take the test for him?