State of the Union

• 79 replies
State of the Union
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:38:54 AM »
I am back after taking the off season off. The great thing about being a SJU fan is it is a nice short season. Basically mid Oct to February.

Just thought I would check in on the state of the union on the most important topics:

4. I am guessing Lavin would be a great bouncer for underage kids. Basically any fake ID would be accepted. I think if someone showed him a Costco card he would let them in.

3. Size does matter. Ask any chick. People saying we should run with our small lineup are missing the point that if you don't rebound you can't run.

2. Going head to head for a recruit against Cal / KENTUCKY is not a great spot to be in obviously so I won't be waiting on the edge of my seat for tonight's announcement.

1. The biggest story surrounding the program is Keady finally admitting that his do was stupid. I am guessing he did not have a mirror in his office at Purdue? Hey better late than never I guess.

BTW. I still predict we sneak into the tourney as long as nothing crazy happens(yes, coach I am looking at you).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:40:07 AM by we are sju »

Poison

Re: State of the Union
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »
Let's have the state of the union at 6:15.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 11:43:05 AM »
I am back after taking the off season off. The great thing about being a SJU fan is it is a nice short season. Basically mid Oct to February.

Just thought I would check in on the state of the union on the most important topics:

4. I am guessing Lavin would be a great bouncer for underage kids. Basically any fake ID would be accepted. I think if someone showed him a Costco card he would let them in.

3. Size does matter. Ask any chick. People saying we should run with our small lineup are missing the point that if you don't rebound you can't run.

2. Going head to head for a recruit against Cal / KENTUCKY is not a great spot to be in obviously so I won't be waiting on the edge of my seat for tonight's announcement.

1. The biggest story surrounding the program is Keady finally admitting that his do was stupid. I am guessing he did not have a mirror in his office at Purdue? Hey better late than never I guess.

BTW. I still predict we sneak into the tourney as long as nothing crazy happens(yes, coach I am looking at you).
Re: BTW - your "short season" up top is predicted to be a bit longer through March - lol. You had me worried you lost hope. 

Re: 3 - can't rebound, can't run. What, big guards/small forwards can't rebound? We've all watched teams with really active, smaller players who have a nose for the ball rebound quite well.  I maintain we can go smaller and still be successful.

Re: 2 - UK loses some recruiting battles.  And since I've had to go through KA and Harrisons (Terps too), third time lucky as Foghat's Lonesome Dave Peverett once sang...sun shines on every dog's butt once in a while

Re: 1 - Amazing what a woman can "do" to a man - maybe saved coach from a worse carcinoma!

I'm ready to boogie tonight. We all are going to be getting down in a SJ's Boogie Wonderland

boo3

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 11:53:22 AM »

Re: BTW - your "short season" up top is predicted to be a bit longer through March - lol. You had me worried you lost hope. 

Re: 3 - can't rebound, can't run. What, big guards/small forwards can't rebound? We've all watched teams with really active, smaller players who have a nose for the ball rebound quite well.  I maintain we can go smaller and still be successful.

Re: 2 - UK loses some recruiting battles.  And since I've had to go through KA and Harrisons (Terps too), third time lucky as Foghat's Lonesome Dave Peverett once sang...sun shines on every dog's butt once in a while

Re: 1 - Amazing what a woman can "do" to a man - maybe saved coach from a worse carcinoma!

I'm ready to boogie tonight. We all are going to be getting down in a SJ's Boogie Wonderland

Woah Woah woah...wait a minute here..... A fun,  good natured post that is positive about the team and recruiting endeavors?    I suspect a visit form Debbie Downer Desco in your future...  (  Triple D as friends call him)...

I'm kidding Desco... I certainly don't want to be portrayed as a Kool -Aid drinker... A LAvin Lover, or anything like that...

Just think... IB puts on a UK hat tonight, and your wildest dreams will come true... Lavs will coach himself into a TV studio again,  We will have no players next year, and another coaching search by inept people...  Joy!

( the preceding post is all in good fun)

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 12:33:19 PM »
Hey Beast, the only thing worst than being in a recruiting battle with Cal is NOT being in a recruitg battle with Cal.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 01:31:36 PM »
Thomas' transcript ended all guessing about what our lineup will be:

Savior, 3'lo, Triangle, Sir with Love and Oblockpa  ( Go to the beautiful on campus chapel and pray for an injury, academic and personal problem free season )

Aggie, Mr. Jones, Da Ali B and ADR??? off the bench in that order.

We don't appear to be well suited for a 4 night in a row conference tournament run.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 02:02:29 PM »
If the worst should happen (which I honestly hope doesn't happen) I have full faith in the new President that he will make changes and be a hell of a lot more involved In this program then the last one.

-Positives for this year is that  SJU students seem to be excited from the turnout of MM, We ARE in a running for an elite recruit, and we still have a solid shot at of winning be BE...

Hope springs eternal in November!
We are St. John's!!!
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 02:16:39 PM »

To clarify point 3 it's not wholly about length and in fact girth is considered just as if not more important in achieving the goal.  For that reason the decision on Adonis in the next couple of weeks is of utmost importance.  ;)  JK Adonis.

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 02:43:54 PM »
SJU students seem to be excited 

U sure?  I'm expecting half full tomorrow night.

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 03:22:26 PM »

All you need to keep the students excited is a free concert at every game save for the 50 diehards.

Foad

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »

If you were a real SJ fan you'd expect it to be half empty.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 04:19:01 PM »

Good point.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »

Good point.
Thinking positive until reality hits me in the face.
Cougar O' Malley

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 05:35:16 PM »
We had a great season 4 years ago. Our current players did more through 3 years then that team. I expect to have a really good season. Got my Duke tickets today. Will get my  opening night seats on stubhub for 4 bucks

cjfish

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 05:57:56 PM »
we had a great season thanks to a team of overachieving 2nd and third tier players, taught and put together by Roberts.  Lavin had nothing to do with it, and Dunlap had a limited influence.     

TONYD3

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 06:06:05 PM »
we had a great season thanks to a team of overachieving 2nd and third tier players, taught and put together by Roberts.  Lavin had nothing to do with it, and Dunlap had a limited influence.     
Your memory isnt is that great. You probably weren't at many of those 40 point blowouts vs Georgetown or west Virgina.  Lavin deserves plenty of criticism but he also should get credit for that year. He did bring in Dunlap.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 07:04:16 PM »
Hopefully to lighten the mood....

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

SJUFAN

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 07:08:54 PM »
We had a great season 4 years ago. Our current players did more through 3 years then that team. I expect to have a really good season. Got my Duke tickets today. Will get my  opening night seats on stubhub for 4 bucks

We don't have the bangers down low to be successful againt the top programs.

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 07:09:52 PM »
Hopefully to lighten the mood....
Dave - did you see liny ask on twitter if they would bet their family's life on the Briscoe choice? Whoa...

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »
enjoy this season, because if even Lavin stays we have built in excuses for 3 years
1) we are the youngest team
2) 2nd season , we are young maturing
3) 3rd season, out center looked great this summer- better than lew alcindor
4) finally seniors, rinse repeat
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:30:45 PM by valgoth »