Franklin Pierce -Game Discussion

• 109 replies

Johnny23

Re: Franklin Pierce -Game Discussion
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 09:05:48 PM »
Just as I said after last season, as long as Lavin's in charge it doesn't matter how good his recruits are. And now that his recruiting classes suck to go along with his awful in game coaching, there's really no reason why he should be the coach anymore.

desco80

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2014, 09:15:20 PM »
It would be cool if Jordan learned how to shoot.
That's what's standing between him and the NBA.

TONYD3

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 09:17:21 PM »
Couldn't see game on espn 3, after reading this crap thought we were losing. We are  up 12 with 9 minutes left. We will probably win by 20 plus. After 20 point wins usually a good time to kill coach.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:22:05 PM by TONYD3 »

desco80

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2014, 09:19:42 PM »
guys they responded at halftime. Kentucky was in a dog fight yesterday. Calm down, its like watching a coffee klotch of old hags fighting about cans of tuna on sale on sunday mornings lol

Kentucky was playing a D1  team with a smart head coach.  Not the same thing.
I agree that it's just one game, but the problem is its just more of the same.
We really can't play zone, because our rotations are just a mess.   Our guys are always out of position on defense,   doesn't Whitesell cosch defense?  Wtf  is he telling them?

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2014, 09:21:17 PM »
Harrison has 27 points and 16 boards...7-11 from the field 5-7 from 3.

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2014, 09:21:36 PM »
Some of these foul calls are just dumb.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2014, 09:22:33 PM »
Damage done

desco80

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2014, 09:23:43 PM »
Couldn't see game on espn 3, after reading this crap thought we were losing. We are  up 12 with 9 minutes left. We will probably win by 20 plus. After point wins usually a good time to kill coach.

People that didn't watch the game should refrain from critiquing other posters' in-game observations.  You haven't seen what they've seen.   
Sounds like someone formed an opinion that's not based with what's occurring on the court.   Why does that sound familiar?   Oh, right.  The same posters tell us this cosch is good for the program, all evidence being to the contrary. 

Foad

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2014, 09:27:40 PM »
Harrison has 27 points and 16 boards...7-11 from the field 5-7 from 3.

About the most insane (SJU) stat line I've ever seen. Mel Davis maybe or one of the wonder five. I's a shame he has to play for this dope.

goredmen

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2014, 09:28:32 PM »
Couldn't see game on espn 3, after reading this crap thought we were losing. We are  up 12 with 9 minutes left. We will probably win by 20 plus. After point wins usually a good time to kill coach.

People that didn't watch the game should refrain from critiquing other posters' in-game observations.  You haven't seen what they've seen.   
Sounds like someone formed an opinion that's not based with what's occurring on the court.   Why does that sound familiar?   Oh, right.  The same posters tell us this cosch is good for the program, all evidence being to the contrary. 

If nothing else, this season should be quite entertaining on this board

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2014, 09:29:09 PM »
Damage done

i can tell you were salivating for this loss. i can see it now. 1) never beat a D-1, 2) atrocious first half( they were) . But they didn't fold, showed veteran resilience. Does lavin suck as a game coach, yes- did he recruit 2014- no. But these kids chose SJU and put up with all this crap and I want them to succeed because they deserve it. Does Lavin no , but they deserve our support.

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »
Damage done

i can tell you were salivating for this loss. i can see it now. 1) never beat a D-1, 2) atrocious first half( they were) . But they didn't fold, showed veteran resilience. Does lavin suck as a game coach, yes- did he recruit 2014- no. But these kids chose SJU and put up with all this crap and I want them to succeed because they deserve it. Does Lavin no , but they deserve our support.

It's Franklin Pierce

TONYD3

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2014, 09:34:45 PM »
I read 3 pages of this guy being an idiot. I watched every second last year . Team got better , stayed together after an awful start. Think he did a good job coaching last year. What are u watching that is so bad. It's a scrimmage. IF we play bad an lose next week at Nit kill him .  Implying that he is awful after 2 games this year especially when we are wining. We watched these guys for 4 years. Think some of u should enjoy their senior year. If they don't have a good year, let's fire this guy. But if they do he deserves some credit.
As for next year, team has obekpa and Jordan those were very high recruited players. If they leave early and get drafted coach should get some credit for that.

Foad

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2014, 09:37:56 PM »
What are u watching that is so bad

College basketball. What are you watching?

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2014, 09:42:14 PM »

I disagree, reading this thread from the beginning you would have thought we might as well close up shop and not even bother playing the rest of the season. Did we look terrible in the first half? Yes. And the defense was atrocious. But come on, it was a bad first half and we bounced back in the second.

QuanMan

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2014, 09:48:23 PM »
Best backcourt in the country, bring on LIU, they'll really be clicking for Minnesota. Free Adonis!
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2014, 09:48:52 PM »
I read 3 pages of this guy being an idiot. I watched every second last year . Team got better , stayed together after an awful start. Think he did a good job coaching last year. What are u watching that is so bad. It's a scrimmage. IF we play bad an lose next week at Nit kill him .  Implying that he is awful after 2 games this year especially when we are wining. We watched these guys for 4 years. Think some of u should enjoy their senior year. If they don't have a good year, let's fire this guy. But if they do he deserves some credit.
As for next year, team has obekpa and Jordan those were very high recruited players. If they leave early and get drafted coach should get some credit for that.

Classic Lavin defender that will defend him at all cost even though we all know that he's a horrible game coach. Not just this year, but all 4 past years at St. John's.
As for next year, if Obekpa and Jordan leave, we will absolutely, positively, without a shout of a doubt be horrible next year. Yep, coach should get killed for that.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:50:29 PM by mullin85berry86 »

Poison

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2014, 10:07:35 PM »
I didn't see the game, but I'm not going to let that stop me from critiquing the game.
We started off very poorly, but we came out strong in the second half, and blew them out.
It wasn't our best effort on defense, but we started better than we finished and after 5 years of the opposite with norm Roberts I'm not going to kill our coach for a 13 point win, just because on paper we expected it to be 40.

If there is any real blame to go around, it belongs to the nice person who scheduled a game that actually counts against a D2 team. That person deserves at the very least, a what the hell is wrong with you.

At the end of the day, this is Lavin's bed. He's the one who has to fix this program, or pack his bags.
But since I've already got season tickets, I might as well support the team, and hope something clicks when we start playing the big boys.

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2014, 10:14:27 PM »
Great comeback! Lavin made some unbelievable halftime adjustments

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2014, 10:16:24 PM »
Ok we did win by 13 but against a D2 team and Lavin had to leave his starters in until 22 seconds remained. Ask the bench players if they are happy it stayed close and they never got in the game.