Lavin's legacy

• 30 replies
Re: Lavin's legacy
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 05:32:13 PM »
Legacy ?  The last  25 years or so has been a disaster for this program. It sounds crazy, but what coach has left this program in a better situation in the last 25 years besides Norm Roberts?

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 05:49:23 PM »
Legacy ?  The last  25 years or so has been a disaster for this program. It sounds crazy, but what coach has left this program in a better situation in the last 25 years besides Norm Roberts?

Exactly, tell me one coach that left SJU went on to become a successful coach somewhere else. If Lavin just wants to go back announcing the he probably doesn't care how he left the progra
. If he wants to coach again the way he left program does matter.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 06:05:21 PM »

Exactly, tell me one coach that left SJU went on to become a successful coach somewhere else. If Lavin just wants to go back announcing the he probably doesn't care how he left the progra

Dead end job. Need to hire a young hungry ruthless mofo

nudginator59

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 06:18:12 PM »

I thought that was Fran, Jarvis, and Roberts.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 07:16:11 PM »

Jarvis hungry and young? Roberts ruthless? Fran was a mofo though.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:17:52 PM by Celtics11 »

nudginator59

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 07:46:38 PM »

Jarvis hungry and young? Roberts ruthless? Fran was a mofo though.

In terms of up and comers. Two of them came from mid majors and one of them was a top asst coach at Kansas. They all fizzled out at "major" level. I'm just afraid that people are getting beer goggles at coaches that look attractive in their current roles and are ready to boot Lavin out. 
Cougar O' Malley

boo3

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 07:50:21 PM »
  My apathy towards St. John's basketball has reached a peak..  That will be Lavin's Legacy for me...

I cared more when Norm was the coach.

paultzman

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 11:55:14 AM »
@CNG_Staszewski: Uncertain future for spurned Red Storm http://t.co/2yROjUEDXg via @TimesLedger

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »
  My apathy towards St. John's basketball has reached a peak..  That will be Lavin's Legacy for me...

I cared more when Norm was the coach.

First thing that I'll say is I was no fan of Norm. Now with that said, to me Lavin has done a worse job.

When Norm took the job, he didn't have any head coaching experience. We were hoping that with him being an assistant at a big time school (Kansas), that it would influence some top kids to come here.  It never worked out.

With Lavin, we knew that he was successful at UCLA, and that he could recruit. So we thought that the program was in good hands and the top kids would come.  Well we all seen what happened.
This year with no frontcourt, could be a 16,17 win team and next nyear will be worse, and so there's nothing bright in the future with him.

Lavin's legacy? BUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

NYCoffey

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 03:06:40 PM »
Projecting this year as a 16 or 17 win season is a bit over the top. I can see being gloomy about next year, but I don't see us being that bad this year regardless of our front court. We could have some unforeseen loses  due to Obekpa foul trouble but I don't see less than 20 wins.

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »
Projecting this year as a 16 or 17 win season is a bit over the top. I can see being gloomy about next year, but I don't see us being that bad this year regardless of our front court. We could have some unforeseen loses  due to Obekpa foul trouble but I don't see less than 20 wins.

gl with that one, but I hope you're right.
I just don't it, unless Harrison and Jordan avg like 20pnts each and obekpa avg atleast 13pnts and 11boards.
Them three need to go off this year.