National Prep Showcase

• 44 replies

pmg911

National Prep Showcase
« on: November 24, 2014, 07:38:43 AM »
Does anyone know who attended this event from our staff.?

I spoke with 2 assistants this weekend, who were there, and they both told me they didn't see a any St. John's representation at the event.

If this is true, it's awful and even worse, its just being lazy.

Moose

Re: National Prep Showcase
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 10:31:06 AM »

I spoke with 2 assistants this weekend, who were there, and they both told me they didn't see a any St. John's representation at the event.

I asked in the Travis Atson thread and didnt get a clear answer.  But I think we all know.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »
No one was there. The event was not well attended by college coaches as a whole.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 11:35:59 AM »
No one was there. The event was not well attended by college coaches as a whole.

Lots of teams played this weekend.  Many in exotic locations.
Well one team I know didnt.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 11:38:42 AM »

You are overrating the importance of this significantly.

mkras99

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 11:44:02 AM »

Maybe the event, yes.  But the lack of attendance continues a troubling pattern.  Would it have been that hard to send one of our assistants up north for a couple of hours?

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 12:22:50 PM »

Its the not importance to a single recruit but having a presence out their waving the St. John's flag.

Moose

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »

Am I?  The event was an hour from SJU.  Featuring the best prep schools in the nation, no?  Not saying they should have been in Oklahoma or Kansas at some obscure tournament.  If only we were losing 6 maybe more guys.  Oh wait.................

It really doesnt matter because it par for the course.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:25:02 PM by Moose »

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 01:55:35 PM »

Am I?  The event was an hour from SJU.  Featuring the best prep schools in the nation, no?  Not saying they should have been in Oklahoma or Kansas at some obscure tournament.  If only we were losing 6 maybe more guys.  Oh wait.................

+1

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 01:58:20 PM »

If they needed to be at that event to evaluate 5th year talent then they would seriously be in trouble. There isn't a guy there that this staff or other staffs aren't familiar with now. Also most of the top talent there is already committed.

Event attendance does not impact recruiting.

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 02:08:07 PM »

Event attendance does not impact recruiting.

I think that is a bit naive
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »
You can not learn to run faster or jump higher,but you can learn to play basketball Now, if your primary concern is athletic ability yes you have a book on the kid. It would appear the SJU is more concern with athletic ability rather then basketball ability

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »
You can not learn to run faster or jump higher,but you can learn to play basketball Now, if your primary concern is athletic ability yes you have a book on the kid. It would appear the SJU is more concern with athletic ability rather then basketball ability
Actually, you can learn to run faster and jump higher to some extent...it's technique, and ... the bball shoes episode  :2funny: 

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:28:56 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 02:31:47 PM »
Actually, you can learn to run faster and jump higher to some extent...it's technique, and ... the bball shoes episode  :2funny: 

Really were you one of those who purchase the weights?

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »

Really were you one of those who purchase the weights?
gotta be the shoes - remember the jumping training shoes Kramer wore? Of course, some gains can be made in running and jumping, but it's minimal for what you were referring to - I was kidding of course

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 03:01:33 PM »

See, and people wonder why I'm done with this character and his staff. Losing half the team after this year, so you'd expect that you would work tirerlessly and show your face at these events.  Oh nah not these guys, they couldn't waste their time.
They absolutely make my insides burn.

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 03:03:29 PM »
I understand if u don't like the way these guys coach , but they get highly ranked players.

Moose

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 03:14:21 PM »
I understand if u don't like the way these guys coach , but they get highly ranked players.

I think 85% of the Top 100 players have picked a school for next year.  Yes we are still finalists for two big fish in DIallo and Sampson.  But we have 5 likely 6, maybe 7 spots to fill.  If one of our highly ranked underclassmen decides to head out early after the year how many highly ranked recruits you allude to will be left exactly?

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 03:15:59 PM »

Who did they get for this year? Adonis (3star I believe), and one 3 star so far for next year.
high ranking recruit atleast to me are 4 and 5 stars.  If CO and RJ also leave next year, the best we'll have on the team next year are 3star kids.

TONYD3

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 03:35:05 PM »
Won't blame the coach for 2 players leaving early for D- league. Makes no sense to me . Would rather have a 3 star Paris horne then a 4 star Sampson . Also our league is filled with 3 star recuits . Can't wait for Wednesday. If we lose I will hate Lavin as much as anyone. Staff had a long time to prepare. Team better be ready to play.