Predictions: Syracuse

• 66 replies

desco80

Re: Predictions: Syracuse
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 09:44:05 PM »
Is this a predictions thread, or a thread for hopes and dreams? I find it hard to believe that all the posters predicting a win actually expect SJU to win. I doubt Harrison even expects to win.
I think this team can win each and every game including Duke. Not saying they will. We have a good team. We play good defense, rebound and if Harrison or Jordan get hot anything can happen.

Can win, or you expect us to win? Two different things obviously. 
I agree we can win on Saturday (idk about duke, probably not), but I don't expect us to.
If we played Cuse 10 times in the dome this season I think we'd win 3 of them.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 09:44:24 PM by desco80 »

TONYD3

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 09:46:14 PM »
Is this a predictions thread, or a thread for hopes and dreams? I find it hard to believe that all the posters predicting a win actually expect SJU to win. I doubt Harrison even expects to win.
I think this team can win each and every game including Duke. Not saying they will. We have a good team. We play good defense, rebound and if Harrison or Jordan get hot anything can happen.
Can win, or you expect us to win? Two different things obviously. I agree we can win on Saturday (idk about duke, probably not), but I don't expect us to. If we played Cuse 10 times in the dome this season I think we'd win 3 of them.
Agree. But I think we win this one. 

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 10:33:40 PM »
Lavin with no frontcourt depth vs. Boeheim at the Carrier Dome? Gee....
That is the sad reality w this team. CO even had 4 fouls against Niagra. Unfortunately I think the lack of front court depth will bite us in the arse this year. Too bad Lavin couldn't get us 1 Eligible BE big last recruiting cycle.

Ahh yes, our great untouchable recruiter who could do no wrong. Give him a lifetime contract.

TONYD3

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 10:41:52 PM »
That is the sad reality w this team. CO even had 4 fouls against Niagra. Unfortunately I think the lack of front court depth will bite us in the arse this year. Too bad Lavin couldn't get us 1 Eligible BE big last recruiting cycle.
Ahh yes, our great untouchable recruiter who could do no wrong. Give him a lifetime contract.
Do you red the boards, most hate this guy

boo3

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 10:46:16 PM »

Don't be the guy that just repeats the same thing over and over again.  We get it.  If he's as terrible as everyone says he will be gone at the end of the season.  

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2014, 10:58:21 PM »
Do you red the boards, most hate this guy

Yeah, and some think that he's the greatest thing that has ever happened to SJU since Lou retired.

Tony, I know how much you like Lavin, and others as well.
But can you serious explain to me, why?  I mean yeah, he got to the ncaa his first year here, but with another coaches kids right (those 10 seniors).    He had a great couple of recruiting classes, but how is his recruiting lately?

I'm  just seriously trying to understand, what is exactly so great about Lavin.
So in all seriousness, can someone explain to me?

boo3

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2014, 11:07:41 PM »
Smh.     
Please find the posts in the last 6 months where someone said Lavin is great.  You are fighting a straw man.  Continue if you must.  

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2014, 11:14:30 PM »
Smh.     
Please find the posts in the last 6 months where someone said Lavin is great.  You are fighting a straw man.  Continue if you must. 

Yeah, I guess I only imagined that I seen posts where people posted: "Oh yeah fire Lavin, and we'll be in real trouble for the next decade, and all of that."  Oh I guess those are fake posts, that I only see.

I'm not seaching for them, do it yourself.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:15:45 PM by mullin85berry86 »

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »
Countdown to banishment...again.  Smh!

boo3

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2014, 11:24:04 PM »
 Shouldn't be long now. 

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2014, 11:25:48 PM »
Countdown to banishment...again.  Smh!
Maybe trifecta before 100 posts   :tickedoff:

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2014, 11:29:59 PM »
Countdown to banishment...again.  Smh!

Yeah go ban yourself simply
smh

Could you explain why Lavin is untouchable simply, no you can't.
So how do you respond?
"Countdown to banishment...again.  Smh! "

And the sad thing is, Dave will probably listen to you.
Even though I asked a serious question, and wanted to know why you want him to stay.
But it seems like I can't get a legit answer, so yep start the banish me cry.
I'm glad though Simply, everyone could see how you win your arguments.

TONYD3

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2014, 11:38:35 PM »
What I like about Lavin: 1. Think he is a good recruiter. In the current Big East think that we would conssitently have one of the most talented teams.
2. Last years comeback. Think he did a very good job keeping the team together.
3. I like this team- I like the way they play. I like the players- these are his guys
4. Would rather root for the coach and team then constantly complain about him.
5. I am afraid of the alternative.
6. Think he made plenty of mistakes, but he seems to be learning from them.

That being said, if we have a bad season- HE GONE! But I really think we are going to have a good season.  I don't care who the coach is, I like going to basketball games. Love him or hate him he made the Garden fun again. I had a really good time at the games during the NIT. 
About next year- Maybe I am being foolish, but I have faith that he will bring players here. We almost got Briscoe, if he couldn't recruit we wouldn't have even had a chance.
Finally I predict SJU- 82 Syracuse 79

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2014, 11:40:28 PM »
STJ 68
Cuse 63
Not sure I believe it but what the hell.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2014, 11:43:57 PM »
SJU 77-cuse 74 Harrison clutch 3pt plat. I know he's pissed about how the Zags game ended.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2014, 11:48:12 PM »
What I like about Lavin: 1. Think he is a good recruiter. In the current Big East think that we would conssitently have one of the most talented teams.
2. Last years comeback. Think he did a very good job keeping the team together.
3. I like this team- I like the way they play. I like the players- these are his guys
4. Would rather root for the coach and team then constantly complain about him.
5. I am afraid of the alternative.
6. Think he made plenty of mistakes, but he seems to be learning from them.

That being said, if we have a bad season- HE GONE! But I really think we are going to have a good season.  I don't care who the coach is, I like going to basketball games. Love him or hate him he made the Garden fun again. I had a really good time at the games during the NIT. 
About next year- Maybe I am being foolish, but I have faith that he will bring players here. We almost got Briscoe, if he couldn't recruit we wouldn't have even had a chance.
Finally I predict SJU- 82 Syracuse 79

Fair enough, and I won't argue that list with you.  Just gonna say ty  for giving me some reason.
Instead of the "oh we have no reasons, uh oh we're looking bad now. He  needs to be banished.

Tony, I respect you. Atleast you told me why you want him to stay, that's all I was asking

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2014, 11:48:56 PM »
Countdown to banishment...again. Smh!
Yeah go ban yourself simply smh Could you explain why Lavin is untouchable simply, no you can't. So how do you respond? "Countdown to banishment...again. Smh! " And the sad thing is, Dave will probably listen to you. Even though I asked a serious question, and wanted to know why you want him to stay. But it seems like I can't get a legit answer, so yep start the banish me cry. I'm glad though Simply, everyone could see how you win your arguments.

I don't want you banned.  I like your posts when you talk about basketball.  The inability to stop from going at other posters is the problem.
As for Lavin, he is not "untouchable."  I root for him to succeed.  If he doesn't, he will be gone.  When, I don't know.  Other than game predictions (a fun, but meaningless activity), I don't try to predict the future.  I accept my limitations.

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2014, 12:00:30 AM »
Countdown to banishment...again. Smh!
Yeah go ban yourself simply smh Could you explain why Lavin is untouchable simply, no you can't. So how do you respond? "Countdown to banishment...again. Smh! " And the sad thing is, Dave will probably listen to you. Even though I asked a serious question, and wanted to know why you want him to stay. But it seems like I can't get a legit answer, so yep start the banish me cry. I'm glad though Simply, everyone could see how you win your arguments.

I don't want you banned.  I like your posts when you talk about basketball.  The inability to stop from going at other posters is the problem.
As for Lavin, he is not "untouchable."  I root for him to succeed.  If he doesn't, he will be gone.  When, I don't know.  Other than game predictions (a fun, but meaningless activity), I don't try to predict the future.  I accept my limitations.

I'm going at other posters?   I can't ask why they think he should stay, since I think his recruiting went down alot (who did he recruit last year, before April?, no one). So I was trying to understand, and this is a message board where people are allowed to have opposit views, or no?
So maybe I was just trying to understand the opposit of my view.

boo3

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2014, 12:24:20 AM »
Linda? 

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2014, 01:01:40 AM »