• 45 replies
Starting lineup
« on: December 05, 2014, 01:02:11 PM »
Hopefully option 1 or 2
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:18:10 PM by we are sju »

Poison

Re: Starng lineup
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »
I like the line up I saw on Tuesday, but Branch and Stewart have got to be ready. I think it's a lot to ask Myles Stewart to go into the Dome and do what no St.John's player has done in a very long time. Actually, I think it's insane to ask that of him. But Lavin probably wants to be proven right. A walk on that plays, and plays well would be a nice story. 

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 01:48:38 PM »
So you want Jordan and Pointer to come off the bench huh? You are now qualified to be Lavin's top assistant I guess ::)

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 01:53:53 PM »
Lavin loves jerking players around under the guise of "teaching".  I hate to say it...but college teachers don't get paid well.  Lavin makes about 40-thousand dollars a week.  Forget teaching and start winning!! 

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 01:57:44 PM »
Speaking of Lavin, has anyone else noticed how big is head is now a days? What happened? He looks like a cross between Barry Bonds post steroids and Michael Kay.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 02:13:28 PM »
i wouldn't start obekpa. i'd go: branch, jordan, dlo, greene, dom.

going to be tough to get the ball inside against the zone anyway and i'd prefer to have obkepa out of foul trouble in 2nd half.

QuanMan

Re: Starting lineup
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 02:25:12 PM »
I think it's safe to say Lavs pushed the right buttons against Niagara. Branch had a breakout, while controlled floor game and Stewart has emerged into the rotation with a fearless debut in the starting lineup as a walk-on. That was great coaching and huge for the psyche of both players going into tomorrow.

I think he'll retract to the original starting 5.

Section 3
Section 116

desco80

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 02:38:56 PM »
I think it's safe to say Lavs pushed the right buttons against Niagara. Branch had a breakout, while controlled floor game and Stewart has emerged into the rotation with a fearless debut in the starting lineup as a walk-on. That was great coaching and huge for the psyche of both players going into tomorrow. I think he'll retract to the original starting 5.
You are insufferable.   No.

QuanMan

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 02:52:06 PM »
Who starts tomorrow Desco?
Section 3
Section 116

Foad

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 03:03:57 PM »
Speaking of Lavin, has anyone else noticed how big is head is now a days? What happened? He looks like a cross between Barry Bonds post steroids and Michael Kay.

Hot air expands

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 03:29:18 PM »

He's always looked like Fred Flintstone to me. 

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 04:33:25 PM »
Here's how I deal with the starting lineup at Cuse.

Who's the better shooting guard: Green or Stewart? Yes, I seen what Green did vs. Gonzaga, bringing SJU back into the game. Now with that said, how many times do we see Green shoot on back to back possessions and miss them both, while the other team gets 4 or 5 points off of Greens misses?
With Stewart, he doesn't seem to keep shooting if he misses, he'll wait a few possessions then shoot again.
What I'm getting at is when Green keeps shooting and keeps missing, that could put them in a hole.

I like seeing Branch in the starting lineup as well. gto me it seems the offense runs more smooth when he's in there. To me it looks like Jordan wilds out at times, and plays reckless.
So my lineup: Obekpa, Pointer, Harrison, Branch, and Stewart.

Gotta roll the dice at times. I'd like to see what Stewart has, shoot the three and if he's on then let him stay in and keep shooting, if not then bring in Green.

Foad

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 05:13:29 PM »
He's always looked like Fred Flintstone to me.
Fred Flintstone wore a tie.

ras

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 05:46:34 PM »
I like the line up I saw on Tuesday, but Branch and Stewart have got to be ready. I think it's a lot to ask Myles Stewart to go into the Dome and do what no St.John's player has done in a very long time. Actually, I think it's insane to ask that of him. But Lavin probably wants to be proven right. A walk on that plays, and plays well would be a nice story.
Winning games would be a nice story.

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 07:10:56 PM »
There is a scene in the movie Ruthless People where one cop looks at another cop and says "This may be the stupidest person on the planet......should we shoot him?"
That quote sums up my feelings about anyone who thinks Jordan should not start!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 07:12:22 PM by we are sju »

paultzman

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »
There is a scene in the movie Ruthless People where one cop looks at another cop and says "This may be the stupidest person on the planet......should we shoot him?" That quote sums up my feelings about anyone who thinks Jordan should not start!
Your attempts at humor aside, very few people believe Jordan should not start.

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 07:32:05 PM »
There is a scene in the movie Ruthless People where one cop looks at another cop and says "This may be the stupidest person on the planet......should we shoot him?" That quote sums up my feelings about anyone who thinks Jordan should not start!
Three people on this thread

paultzman

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 07:37:50 PM »
Golly! Three people is not exactly worrisome is it?

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 07:46:55 PM »
There is a scene in the movie Ruthless People where one cop looks at another cop and says "This may be the stupidest person on the planet......should we shoot him?"
That quote sums up my feelings about anyone who thinks Jordan should not start!

One of the espn announcers against Gonzaga, said that "Jordan doesn't look comfortable penetrating into a crowd, RJ did have 9 turnovfers.
Syracuse will be tough on the inside, so I'd rather Branch start. I'm not saying that RJ won't get his 25+ minutes.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 07:47:55 PM by mullin85berry86 »

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, 08:17:57 PM »

If you tolerate stupidity even on a small scale, then you are part of the problem. And WASJU is always part of the solution! Besides what difference does the number on here matter if the coach thinks it is a good idea?