FDU

• 122 replies

boo3

Re: FDU
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2014, 10:06:57 PM »
Nice win..  FDU played well, and the game was never really in doubt.   

Keep it moving..chugging along.

Marillac

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2014, 10:11:17 PM »
Important here. Back up by 14pnts will it be up to 18 or down back to 10?
This game is not in doubt.
No it's not Marilla, just want to bury team. Not give anyone an glimmer of hope. We're up 18, lets not let them cut it to 10pnts, lets keep it around 18.

It doesn't seem like these guys will bury anyone this year.  I'm sure there will be a game somewhere when the opponent is off and they are on, but don't expect 30+ point wins from this group.  FSU is undefeated in football and haen't been scraping by for weeks...still wins.
20 point win over a team that beat St. Joe's on the road earlier this season and has already played @Notre Dame, @Columbia (nearly beat UK in Lexington tonight), and @Rutgers. 
Took care of business.  7-1. 

Marillac

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2014, 10:15:28 PM »
Branch's worst game in a while. Hopefully just an aberration.
Agree

I don't know about your boy Jones.  He has no interest in rebounding whatsoever and he is really slow to move on D.  He would have  fit in last year, but he really stands out this year with the rest of the guys hustling.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:17:25 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »
Branch's worst game in a while. Hopefully just an aberration.
Agree
I don't know about your boy Jones. He has no interest in rebounding whatsoever and he is really slow to move on D. He would have fit in last year, but he really stands out this year with the rest of the guys hustling.

He was in for two possessions. Wasnt given a chance. First possession he was quick to switch on to the ball on top of key. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2014, 10:26:15 PM »
 Harrison with 26.. Wow.. Makes it look easy. Didn't realize he had that many points..  If he keeps this up ( and the team also) he could win BE Player of the Year. 

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2014, 10:32:20 PM »
In case anyone is interested in seeing LB St. has, they're on espn3 at SD St.
18-11 SD St.

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2014, 11:08:26 PM »
This board is dead

« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2014, 11:14:56 PM »
Jones has been a disappointment thus far.  I expected far more from him.  Look, for those Jones defenders, it is obvious that we need much more of an interior presence.  As much as people question Lavin & the staff, they undoubtedly know this.  So Jones must not be showing anything in practice for him not to get minutes in a game like this.  And, when he is in, he shows absolutely no awareness on defense or on the boards.  A guy with his physique should make a living on the glass against a team like FDU.  In fact, the only area this year where Jones has looked comfortable at all is shooting the occasional foul line jumper.

Branch did not play well.  Would be nice to see a bounce back effort from him next game.  Very inconsistent.  You can count on him for at least one weak pass that gets stolen every game by a defender jumping a passing lane.

D-Lo, Phil, Obekpa, Dom and Sheed all played well overall.  Curious as to why Sheed only got 23 minutes though.

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2014, 11:15:43 PM »
18-11 SD St.

33 up   14min to go

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2014, 12:28:40 AM »
I can't even enjoy a big win for too long:

blackjesus retweeted
Nick Nigro ‏@nicholas_nigro 3h3 hours ago
Is Rysheed Jordan in lavins dog house? Haven't seen him on the floor in a while. #sjubb

blackjesus is Rysheed.

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2014, 12:48:22 AM »
We need to get Sheed back in the lineup ASAP.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:54:05 AM by Ron Artesticles »

Poison

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2014, 12:53:18 AM »
"We don't get up for games against teams we haven't heard of" 

- Who said it? (Man is it ever true) 

Poison

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2014, 12:55:54 AM »
Jones has been a disappointment thus far. I expected far more from him. Look, for those Jones defenders, it is obvious that we need much more of an interior presence. As much as people question Lavin & the staff, they undoubtedly know this. So Jones must not be showing anything in practice for him not to get minutes in a game like this. And, when he is in, he shows absolutely no awareness on defense or on the boards. A guy with his physique should make a living on the glass against a team like FDU. In fact, the only area this year where Jones has looked comfortable at all is shooting the occasional foul line jumper. Branch did not play well. Would be nice to see a bounce back effort from him next game. Very inconsistent. You can count on him for at least one weak pass that gets stolen every game by a defender jumping a passing lane. D-Lo, Phil, Obekpa, Dom and Sheed all played well overall. Curious as to why Sheed only got 23 minutes though.
Branch doesn't play as well against teams that get up in his grill. That's why he was great against Niagara. He bounced into the lane at will, and that was because Niagara didn't bother to stop the ball. Tonight, FDU was on him in a man to man, and often in a full court press. 

Poison

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2014, 12:59:51 AM »
I'm not worried. Just like against SU, Jordan was on the court when it mattered most. That's the REAL starter. Jordan doesn't make that pass across the court to Greene for the 3 point shot, who knows what happens? 
Tonight, I thought Jordan looked great. Greene and Harrison looked very good scoring, but Jordan and distributed. He puts guys in a position to score. That's what we want more of. 

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2014, 01:33:27 AM »
I didn't see the game but it sounds like a solid gane overall. The important thing is that the team isn't screwing around with 5mins left and  only up by 4 or 5. I don't care if we win by only 10-12 PTs or hell if the other team scores a few points with 10 seconds left to make it a single digit lead as long as the game is already decided.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2014, 02:04:53 AM »
Great job tonite by the boys.....on the board! Was expecting some of you to claim the FDU player threw the most vicious elbow in the history of basketball and excuse Dom but no one did. As for Marrilac claiming Jones shows no interest in rebounding he must have missed the time he attacked the boards and viciously ripped down a rebound on the first missed free throw on a 2 shot foul!  :)

Rodman

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2014, 04:14:45 AM »
18-11 SD St.

33 up   14min to go

Dwayne Polee II leading scorer with 16.  SDSU only won by one point.  Surprising!

desco80

« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2014, 08:35:45 AM »
I'm not worried. Just like against SU, Jordan was on the court when it mattered most. That's the REAL starter. Jordan doesn't make that pass across the court to Greene for the 3 point shot, who knows what happens?
Tonight, I thought Jordan looked great. Greene and Harrison looked very good scoring, but Jordan and distributed. He puts guys in a position to score. That's what we want more of.
I'm worried.
Not because jordan isn't getting enough minutes, but because Rysheed thinks he isn't getting enough burn.
That was Rysheed who retreated the stories about him not playing enough....

TONYD3

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »
I think rysheed should stop crying. Team won the game. If he want la more playing time he should play better. His playing time slipped when he started turning the ball over. This is a team game not an NBA show case .

paultzman

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2014, 09:10:13 AM »
I think rysheed should stop crying. Team won the game. If he want la more playing time he should play better. His playing time slipped when he started turning the ball over. This is a team game not an NBA show case .
Team is playing well. Hopefully Jordan is enjoying that & ready to play smart & be an integral part of that success. With Obekpa becoming more proficient passing from the post to cutters and open shooters, he should get tons of scoring opportunities. We obviously need his talent to contend with the solid teams. Btw, he did play 24 minutes last night in a game that was never in doubt.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:13:10 AM by paultzman »