Coach Lavin's Gameday Attire

• 42 replies
Re: Coach Lavin's Gameday Attire
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2014, 05:08:15 PM »
This thread belongs on Vogue. Get a life, guys. 

redslope

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2014, 05:09:54 PM »
Underarmor does not make oxford shirts with button down collars and rep ties.  Rumor has it that he will go with the more formal look next year when Brooks Brothers is the equipment provider ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 05:10:22 PM by redslope »

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2014, 08:38:39 PM »
This has to be the worst topic ever started

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2014, 09:09:14 PM »
Couple thoughts.
First of all I find it hilarious when people take the time to post that a thread is stupid. By posting "this thread  is stupid", well congratulations you have now posted the stupidest post on a stupid thread.

Secondly, though I could care less what any man wears at any time I do find Lavin's recent attire interesting. Again I don't pay much attention to how other men dress, but when he was at UCLA, wasn't he considered a good dresser? With the slick backed hair, wasn't he going for the "poor man's" Riley look?
Now I think he is just not ready to go full on Huggins, but he is getting there.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:32:51 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2014, 09:44:44 PM »
Couple thoughts. First of all I find it hilarious when people take the time to post that a thread is stupid. By posting "this thread is stupid", well congratulations you have now posted the stupidest post on a stupid thread. Secondly, though I could care less what any man wears at any time I do find Lavin's recent attire interesting. Again I don't pay much attention to how other men dress, but when he was at UCLA, wasn't he considered a good dresser? With the slick backed hair, wasn't he going for the "poor man's" Riley look? Now I think he is just not ready to go full on Huggins, but he is getting there.

And where does calling a post stupid which called a post stupid fall on the stupid scale?

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2014, 09:48:54 PM »
Yes, you are right. I find discussing what a men's basketball coach wears quite interesting.  I actually lose sleep the night before a game because the anticipation of seeing what he may break out is too much to handle.

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »
Couple thoughts. First of all I find it hilarious when people take the time to post that a thread is stupid. By posting "this thread is stupid", well congratulations you have now posted the stupidest post on a stupid thread. Secondly, though I could care less what any man wears at any time I do find Lavin's recent attire interesting. Again I don't pay much attention to how other men dress, but when he was at UCLA, wasn't he considered a good dresser? With the slick backed hair, wasn't he going for the "poor man's" Riley look? Now I think he is just not ready to go full on Huggins, but he is getting there.

And where does calling a post stupid which called a post stupid fall on the stupid scale?

Amen, that's like the stupid, calling the stupid stupid, and then them calling them stupid.

It's like the special olympics on crack, aka the special olympics on WASJU
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:01:27 PM by Ron Artesticles »

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 10:16:01 PM »
Amen, that's like the stupid, calling the stupid stupid, and then them calling them stupid. It's like the special olympics on crack, aka the special olympics on WASJU

See you both missed the point, which let's face it is to be expected. I posted something other than this is stupid. Which is the equivalent of a Beavis and Buthead conversation. At least in trying to insult me, you took the time and effort before you posted and I commend both of you for that. Much better then "This thread is stupid  ,HUH, HUH, EH, EH."

desco80

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »
Many of you missed the point of this thread; to give this topic it's own space, so that it does not repeatedly seep into the other threads.  Containment, or keeping it separate from other topics, if you will. 

And so you understand, how he dresses bothers me because I think it evinces a broader approach to his job: Lavin dresses down, takes recruiting seasons off, and from what I've heard showed up 2 mins before tip off of the nit game last year.  
He's still proving his credibility here.  He has not earned the right to start breaking rank with every tradition and common practice.   And when you guys defend him by pointing to a drunk a-hole  like Huggins, I think that speaks volumes.  

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2014, 10:38:24 PM »
Many of you missed the point of this thread; to give this topic it's own space, so that it does not repeatedly seep into the other threads. Containment, or keeping it separate from other topics, if you will. And so you understand, how he dresses bothers me because I think it evinces a broader approach to his job: Lavin dresses down, takes recruiting seasons off, and from what I've heard showed up 2 mins before tip off of the nit game last year. He's still proving his credibility here. He has not earned the right to start breaking rank with every tradition and common practice. And when you guys defend him by pointing to a drunk a-hole like Huggins, I think that speaks volumes.

I'm defending him by asking simple questions. Why does it matter? and why do you care? If he's wearing what is comfortable for him to coach in, why does that bother you? Why does a basketball coach need to wear a suit and tie in the first place? Who made that a rule? He's coaching a basketball team, not heading into an important business meeting. I think I know your answer to most of these questions, and it's that you despise this coach so much that every little thing he does is going to tick you off.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:39:05 PM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2014, 10:46:22 PM »
I think basketball coaches should have to wear the team uniform like baseball managers do. Can't you see Lavin in Stockton shorts, and a Geno headband?

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2014, 10:47:26 PM »
I think basketball coaches should have to wear the team uniform like baseball managers do. Can't you see Lavin in Stockton shorts, and a Geno headband?
Keady too 

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2014, 10:49:11 PM »
I wish we could go back in time and make Louie wear a uniform.

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2014, 10:53:04 PM »
Many of you missed the point of this thread; to give this topic it's own space, so that it does not repeatedly seep into the other threads. Containment, or keeping it separate from other topics, if you will. And so you understand, how he dresses bothers me because I think it evinces a broader approach to his job: Lavin dresses down, takes recruiting seasons off, and from what I've heard showed up 2 mins before tip off of the nit game last year. He's still proving his credibility here. He has not earned the right to start breaking rank with every tradition and common practice. And when you guys defend him by pointing to a drunk a-hole like Huggins, I think that speaks volumes. [/quote

No doubt he has his shortcoming as mentioned above and by your non stop posts for the last several months. I happen to agree with u on recruiting lapse etc, but dress code?  Some of the most powerful people in the world wear hoodies or black t-shirts while presenting to millions worlwide and you are going to kill lavin for wearing his sh$tty outfit in front of 3000 in Queens. Please, for the love of god give it a rest.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:54:09 PM by action jackson »

Mike

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2014, 10:59:04 PM »
Many of you missed the point of this thread; to give this topic it's own space, so that it does not repeatedly seep into the other threads. Containment, or keeping it separate from other topics, if you will. And so you understand, how he dresses bothers me because I think it evinces a broader approach to his job: Lavin dresses down, takes recruiting seasons off, and from what I've heard showed up 2 mins before tip off of the nit game last year. He's still proving his credibility here. He has not earned the right to start breaking rank with every tradition and common practice. And when you guys defend him by pointing to a drunk a-hole like Huggins, I think that speaks volumes.

You will still bring it up in every thread that you can. Like I told you before it's a joke and to move on. I'm sure if his wife thinks it's bad she would tell him and I would have to say she probably knows more about fashion than you.

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2014, 12:24:29 AM »
Keady too

go home, your drunk, and on one wants you here:

there are TONS of people just like you at :

715 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10801

goredmen

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2014, 02:34:22 AM »
I dont care if he wears a Toga every game as long as he wins

TONYD3

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2014, 08:28:39 AM »
So you saying he is lucky then. I believe their are about 300 Div. 1 teams. His team is ranked 23Th and after today's win getting ranked higher. As far as his players they were ranked higher then every team in conference. 2 players are on NBA rosters, 1 in the D-league.  5 from his 1st year playing professional basketball. I offfered no opinions or spin, just facts.
You heard this, you assume he takes off. The guy makes plenty of mistakes. Harp on those. This is game day. If you like basketball and have rooted for St. Johns you should be excited. 

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2014, 09:13:12 AM »
Keady too
go home, your drunk, and on one wants you here: there are TONS of people just like you at : 715 North Avenue New Rochelle, NY 10801
Have another

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2014, 09:23:59 PM »
We are sju-- On a scale from one to ten how would you describe his ensemble this afternoon?
Desco-- what are your thoughts on how our leader represented himself today from a fashion perspective?