Marquette Game

• 74 replies
Re: Marquette Game
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2015, 11:39:15 PM »
Why did Branch only get 13 minutes? The only time we got easy baskets against the zone was when he was in the game. He is our best point guard.

Inapplicable tonight.  Rysheed had a very good game.

Poison

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2015, 12:04:34 AM »
Obviously I'm glad we pulled it out but it's a major concern that Harrison isn't healthy. To even compete with Duke we need everyone to be ready to go, and even then, it's asking a lot.

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2015, 12:06:33 AM »
Branch and Harrison need to be healthy for Saturday or they will lose by 100 damn points.

Ugly win tonight but I'll take it every time.

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2015, 07:02:15 AM »
Honestly the first ten or so minutes I thought the team played as good as they have all year. Open look after open look with everyone passing and moving well. We got up to a ten point lead with dlo shooting blanks. Very important that we came out with a win.  Lets go beat duke
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2015, 09:18:23 AM »
Why did Branch only get 13 minutes? The only time we got easy baskets against the zone was when he was in the game. He is our best point guard.

Could not disagree more. Rysheed is a turnover machine. He scored the ball well but does not facilitate the offense. When Brach was in the game we got layups against the zone. The rest of the game we were jacking up threes which we cannot make.

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2015, 09:49:46 AM »

Could not disagree more. Rysheed is a turnover machine. He scored the ball well but does not facilitate the offense. When Brach was in the game we got layups against the zone. The rest of the game we were jacking up threes which we cannot make.

Rysheed had two or three really good passes. He is not a pure point guard but he's not a bad passer by any stretch.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2015, 09:55:43 AM »

Rysheed had two or three really good passes. He is not a pure point guard but he's not a bad passer by any stretch.
Let's face it. You have to live with Jordan's warts. He can score & make some plays. On an offensively challenged team, I'll live with that & hope he minimizes those errors over time. Opponents take him seriously.

Foad

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »
Marquette thoughts: www.bigeastboards.com/

TONYD3

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2015, 10:01:31 AM »
My Freind who is not a fan but knows basketball couldn't believe branch didn't play that much. I like branch, but it's tough to play branch when he refuses to shoot and pointer and obekpa don't shoot either.

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2015, 10:09:23 AM »
My Freind who is not a fan but knows basketball couldn't believe branch didn't play that much. I like branch, but it's tough to play branch when he refuses to shoot and pointer and obekpa don't shoot either.

The only person he could have conceivably played instead of was Harrison. And despite Branch playing well in his limited minutes I will still take a one legged, struggling Harrison over him every time. Again Branch played well but Jordan played really well and with Harrison struggling, you needed Phil on the floor as well.

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2015, 10:19:06 AM »

I understand he is not a scorer but he is a true point guard, which this team needs on the floor more. I can live without having Phil, D'lo and Rysheed on the court for a few more minutes per game if we can get dunks off good passes rather than missed threes.

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »

Rysheed also had a beautiful drive with a wrap around pass to Amar under the basket.  Unfortunately, Amar fumbled the pass.  That should have been an easy 2.

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2015, 11:45:27 AM »

Rysheed also had a beautiful drive with a wrap around pass to Amar under the basket.  Unfortunately, Amar fumbled the pass.  That should have been an easy 2.

Amar is making mistakes that should've happened in the beginning of the years against the LIU's of the world. Lavin should have gotten him meaningful minutes with starters then

jr49

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »
Branch and Harrison need to be healthy for Saturday or they will lose by 100 damn points.

Ugly win tonight but I'll take it every time.
Duke is not the game to jeopardize DH and the rest of the season. Ten minutes in the first half, and see how it goes in the second might be the way to go. 

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
Huge move switching Sir with love to Carlito after he exploded for 4 threes.  Was praying for same move against Dunham and Butler but it never came.

Congrats to Phil Greene IV for passing Dicky "Ducky" Duckett, whom after his playing career became a very successful entrepreneur as founder/creator of the original Boston Duck Boat tour, and Robert Werdann to move into 45th place on the St. John's all-time scoring list.