Harrison

• 41 replies
Harrison
« on: January 22, 2015, 10:47:06 AM »
Taken 4 years but fans have fully come around. Nice to see after the last two games no one has taken a shot at him. Even with leg injury I think even last year there would have been at least some bashing of him. I really hope kid gets to play in a tourney. If he gets into a tourney game I think he would have had a better career than Felipe Lopez did here.

paultzman

Re: Harrison
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 10:51:23 AM »
Taken 4 years but fans have fully come around. Nice to see after the last two games no one has taken a shot at him. Even with leg injury I think even last year there would have been at least some bashing of him. I really hope kid gets to play in a tourney. If he gets into a tourney game I think he would have had a better career than Felipe Lopez did here.
For sure

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »
Paultz- any word on severity of injury

Poison

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 11:15:24 AM »

Lopez had a fine career here, but he was outclassed by other BE guards like Allen, Iverson and Kittles. A very good player, but not a great player. Harrison was tough from the 5th or 6th game on. His issue was more about a lack of depth than anything. He could go up against anyone. Lopez was great only in his senior year. Before then, he was overmatched by most BE teams.

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »
Paultz- any word on severity of injury

No

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »
He has been a warrior.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 02:54:48 PM »
I feel a Bootsy Thorntonesque performance coming from him on Sunday...

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 03:26:12 PM »
I feel a Bootsy Thorntonesque performance coming from him on Sunday...

Even with that we still lost. And there is no Barkley, Postell or Artest to help out this time around. For those of us going I highly recommend having a nice buzz going in otherwise it is going to be miserable.

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »
They don't have Elton brand, Avery , that fierce person  vitale used to love who always flopped, and Langdon . Anyone who saw them play Miami can't be scared . We have been playing shitty but we played well vs go saga and we played nova very well for 30 minutes. Won't be shocked if we get blown out but won't be shocked if we win.
Edit- fxg was changed to fierce person
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:40:24 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 03:49:00 PM »
Not being able to shoot threes hurts us against teams with better talent than us. They are bigger, better and will get every call. Would take an incredible effort, and the way we are playing.... I just don't see it. Obviously hope I am wrong, but plan on starting my drinking at 11:30 so either way, I will be fine.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:52:25 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 03:52:09 PM »
They don't have Elton brand, Avery , that fierce person  vitale used to love who always flopped, and Langdon . Anyone who saw them play Miami can't be scared . We have been playing shitty but we played well vs go saga and we played nova very well for 30 minutes. Won't be shocked if we get blown out but won't be shocked if we win.
Edit- fxg was changed to fierce person

Ya Duke only has 9 Mcdonalds All Americans this time around

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »
I would guess 12 point dog? Higher?

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 03:57:51 PM »
you better believe we are going to see zone the entire game, especially considering how awful we shot the 3 ball last night.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »
you better believe we are going to see zone the entire game, especially considering how awful we shot the 3 ball last night.

They generally don't play zone

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 04:23:44 PM »

We beat the godfather of zones in december. i'm not scared of the zone.  fouls is what will kill us.

TONYD3

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 04:36:46 PM »
We are not playing 12 all americans. 5vs5. I don't care who the number 1 pick in the draft is. if healthy we got the best player.

We beat the godfather of zones in december. i'm not scared of the zone.  fouls is what will kill us.

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »

Played zone exclusively in their win over Louisville, and you better believe their scouting knows we actually shoot WORSE than Louisville.

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 04:46:00 PM »

Played zone exclusively in their win over Louisville, and you better believe their scouting knows we actually shoot WORSE than Louisville.

I am not sure they respect us enough to go with a gimmick D(for them) against us. If we keep it close for first 10 minutes maybe you are right though

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »
Last night it looked like Harrison was fed up with everything going on in the game. Between Obekpa and his elbow, Jordan and Pointer not passing the ball, and overall suckness...looked like he was aiming out of the game. I never seen a player run to the bench so fast after fouling out

Moose

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 09:18:54 AM »
Something is clearly wrong.  Injury or in the head now.  He is clearly not right.
Remember who broke the Slice news