My guess is Harrison is on 2nd team
Dunne
Henton
Pointer
Hilliard
Smith-Rivera
Dunham

Right now Dunne, Hilliard, Pointer in that order for POY IMO

I am not sure but I would agree Dee makes second team unless he goes on tear down stretch, injuries hurt him with the stats

Re: Big East First Team
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 04:10:22 PM »
Harrison has a reputation, even after his sophomore episode. I don't think the coaches will vote for him over Pointer.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 04:31:15 PM »
Harrison has a reputation, even after his sophomore episode. I don't think the coaches will vote for him over Pointer.

Pointer got ejected for a fist fight at half court. Dlo was first time last year. Didn't hurt him then.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 04:31:57 PM »
Does Dunham really deserve first team over dlo? I think Rosevelt jones is best player on that team.

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 04:35:41 PM »
Harrison is doubled and accounted for on every possession . Love pointer. He is playing amazing. But on he is not covered any where near as hard. When he is playing the 4/5, he has a huge speed advantage . Hoping pointer makes 1st team. Not at the expense of d'lo

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »
Harrison is doubled and accounted for on every possession . Love pointer. He is playing amazing. But on he is not covered any where near as hard. When he is playing the 4/5, he has a huge speed advantage . Hoping pointer makes 1st team. Not at the expense of d'lo

I don't disagree that teams are more scared of Harrison and that their D is more focused on him but becuase of injuries and Dom's play, he is more deserving. No slight on Harrison as I am a charter memeber of his fan club. Pointer has had a better year and in fact can argue he has had better year than almost everyone in BE
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:54:38 PM by we are sju »

sju89tr

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 05:58:06 PM »

I don't disagree that teams are more scared of Harrison and that their D is more focused on him but becuase of injuries and Dom's play, he is more deserving. No slight on Harrison as I am a charter memeber of his fan club. Pointer has had a better year and in fact can argue he has had better year than almost everyone in BE

In my opinion if SJU finishes strond and Dom continues this kind of play, he may just win BE POY but it will be hard unless Providence tanks to get him in the conversation with Hilliard   

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:58:31 PM by sju89tr »

paultzman

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 06:10:09 PM »

In my opinion if SJU finishes strond and Dom continues this kind of play, he may just win BE POY but it will be hard unless Providence tanks to get him in the conversation with Hilliard   

Dunn?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:10:57 PM by paultzman »

sju89tr

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 06:36:50 PM »

Dunn?

Yes

hnk

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 06:48:27 PM »
Maybe co-Haggerty award winners?

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 07:51:11 PM »
Opposing fans hate Harrison, Baldi. But I think the coaches in the league respect the hell out of him

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 08:06:44 PM »

If we were to win the remainder of our conference games, and Pointer stuffs the stat sheet in those games, as he has done most of this conference season....  IMO, he'd be in serious consideration for the Big East POY. 

Moose

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 08:45:05 PM »

And thats why other coaches praise him like crazy this year and the post game handshake line he is the guy they stop and talk to the most.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 09:06:13 PM »
POY: Hilliard

1st Team:
Dunn
Pointer
Harrison
Smith-Rivera
Dunham

I don't think Henton is as good as those six.

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 09:21:42 PM »
Do Chris, Rysheed or Phil make 3rd team?

Wods317

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 09:31:39 PM »
Do Chris, Rysheed or Phil make 3rd team?

Yea I would think Phil and Rysheed both have a good shot with a strong finish. Chris idk about. He's missed some time and his numbers overall aren't thay great.

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 09:42:59 PM »
POY: Hilliard

1st Team:
Dunn
Pointer
Harrison
Smith-Rivera
Dunham

I don't think Henton is as good as those six.

Henton easy choice over Dunham IMO.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:43:16 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »