Big East First Team

• 52 replies

Poison

Re: Big East First Team
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2015, 11:19:26 PM »
Maybe co-Haggerty award winners?

I think they could, provided AJ English or David Laury don't steal it.

But in all seriousness here's my all BE team:

POY - Dom Pointer

Hilliard
Dunn
Harrison
Smith-Rivera
Henton

ROY - Angel Delgado
Most Improved - Dom Pointer
Defensive POY - Dom Pointer
Coach of the year - Chris Holtmann

I see Phil Greene making 3rd team with a strong finish. League might appreciate that he's a class act among a bunch of guys who throw elbows, roll their eyes at every call and get technical fouls in almost every game. Greene is focused, and despite last night, I think he's had a very good senior year.

I don't think Obekpa makes it at all, but let's see how the season plays out. He blocks 11 shots at Nova, and we win, things could change. Same for Jordan. I think a strong finish could get him on one of those teams.

The only thing that works against our guys is that their scoring numbers and overall opportunities are larger because we have such a thin bench. That can work against you like it did with Darryl Hill
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:31:59 PM by Poison »

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2015, 11:21:47 PM »
Harrison has a reputation, even after his sophomore episode. I don't think the coaches will vote for him over Pointer.

And thats why other coaches praise him like crazy this year and the post game handshake line he is the guy they stop and talk to the most.

Did Mack hug him yesterday after he threw Stainbrook on the floor?

Baldi either you didn't see D'lo "throw" stainbrook to the floor and you're just making shit up or you saw D'lo "throw" stainbrook to the floor and you're just  making shit up.

Stainbrook hit the court so hard his goggles fell off. Go look again at the replay. I thought that was what the refs were looking at after the buzzer. Either way, don't matter
I watched the replay a few time as I was wondering what caused him to hit the ground so hard.  To me it looked like D'Angelo brushed by his leg and for some reason Stainbrook spun and lost his balance.  In no way did Harrison throw him to the ground! 

"for some reason Stainbrook spun and lost his balance "

Yes. Exactly. And his Rambis  goggles went airborne
So you now agree Harrison didn't throw Stainbrook to the floor?

No. I was being sarcastic. I never seen a guy do a spin so hard his goggles go flying.
It's a non issue now.
It's only an issue because your brought it up.  I'd recommend taking your own advice and watch the replay.

His goggles went flying after his head smacked the floor.  His head smacked the floor because Harrison ran around him and brushed his leg causing him to lose his balance.

I do agree that CO needs to remain under control these next few weeks.  But that sequence against Seton Hall was not CO getting away with one as you insinuated. 

I must be mis-seeing some things.  Need to keep my goggles on tight

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2015, 11:25:25 PM »
Harrison has a reputation, even after his sophomore episode. I don't think the coaches will vote for him over Pointer.

And thats why other coaches praise him like crazy this year and the post game handshake line he is the guy they stop and talk to the most.

Baldi either you didn't see D'lo "throw" stainbrook to the floor and you're just making shit up or you saw D'lo "throw" stainbrook to the floor and you're just  making shit up.

Stainbrook hit the court so hard his goggles fell off. Go look again at the replay. I thought that was what the refs were looking at after the buzzer. Either way, don't matter
I watched the replay a few time as I was wondering what caused him to hit the ground so hard.  To me it looked like D'Angelo brushed by his leg and for some reason Stainbrook spun and lost his balance.  In no way did Harrison throw him to the ground! 

"for some reason Stainbrook spun and lost his balance "

Yes. Exactly. And his Rambis  goggles went airborne
So you now agree Harrison didn't throw Stainbrook to the floor?

No. I was being sarcastic. I never seen a guy do a spin so hard his goggles go flying.
It's a non issue now.
It's only an issue because your brought it up.  I'd recommend taking your own advice and watch the replay.

His goggles went flying after his head smacked the floor.  His head smacked the floor because Harrison ran around him and brushed his leg causing him to lose his balance.

I do agree that CO needs to remain under control these next few weeks.  But that sequence against Seton Hall was not CO getting away with one as you insinuated. 

I must be mis-seeing some things.  Need to keep my goggles on tight
Haha...not too tight...please!!

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2015, 11:26:40 PM »
I didn't see any bad blood with Stainbrook, I think he clearly flopped for a call, which is the right play by him.

But Boy Band from Xavier had some words with a couple of guys at the end of the handshake line. No idea what that was about, wonder if anyone else caught that.

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2015, 11:32:25 PM »
I didn't see any bad blood with Stainbrook, I think he clearly flopped for a call, which is the right play by him.

But Boy Band from Xavier had some words with a couple of guys at the end of the handshake line. No idea what that was about, wonder if anyone else caught that.
Boy band? Do tell

Moose

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2015, 12:10:47 AM »

Yes. Chiles stepped in between

He was also the guy who touched Greene's ass last game and Phil was not happy if your recall
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2015, 12:15:30 AM »

He was also the guy who touched Greene's ass last game and Phil was not happy if your recall

What happened?  Someone else's goggles get swung around and face planted?

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2015, 12:32:53 AM »

No idea what happened but he was chirping at some of the guys.

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2015, 09:22:39 AM »

This guy? He played for FSU...lol

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2015, 11:12:12 AM »

You mean after he flopped? Harrison can't throw him anywhwere. Stainbrook is like a D cup. If he went to Iona you would have been all over that Bluto

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 12:49:01 PM »

You mean after he flopped? Harrison can't throw him anywhwere. Stainbrook is like a D cup. If he went to Iona you would have been all over that Bluto
This is why I can no longer buy the "Marco is a St. John's fan" statements.  He takes pleasure in taking shots at St. John's every chance he gets.  He tries to pass it off as a desire to see us change the coach.  Yet, he not only takes shots at Lavin,but at the players too.  Every subject that comes up, he is against St. John's.  I'm sure he was once a St. John's fan.  Now he is an Iona fan that resents St. John's for being a more prominent program in a better conference.  He can't even pretend anymore.

Come on, Marco.  Fess up.  You hate St. John's!

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »

This is why I can no longer buy the "Marco is a St. John's fan" statements.  He takes pleasure in taking shots at St. John's every chance he gets.  He tries to pass it off as a desire to see us change the coach.  Yet, he not only takes shots at Lavin,but at the players too.  Every subject that comes up, he is against St. John's.  I'm sure he was once a St. John's fan.  Now he is an Iona fan that resents St. John's for being a more prominent program in a better conference.  He can't even pretend anymore.

Come on, Marco.  Fess up.  You hate St. John's!

Cmon bro, again with this? 

You are right saying I want a coaching change. But I will not root against this team to satisfy that.  As was done in the past by "better St Johns fans".
I've been a fan since the early 80s after seeing my first college game, SJU/Georgetown. I grew up in Queens and played ball my whole life, and if you are a NYC kid.. st Johns was your team.

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2015, 02:16:04 PM »
I don't think Marco hates SJU. He just likes to mess with us fans. And some bite his BS hook, line and sinker!