Status of CO & JB

• 18 replies

jsk

Status of CO & JB
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:21:53 PM »
Are they able to play tomorrow? Any updates?

desco80

Re: Status of CO & JB
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:03:26 PM »
I think I saw someone on twitter say that branch is actually in better condition than chris.  But both are questionable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was based on quotes cosch made today to the media.   Sounds like both will play, bUT won't be 100%, and Lavin is just being a little cagey with what info he makes known publicly.   Which makes sense. 

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:07:11 PM »
I was going to ask the same thing. If I were Lavin, I would keep the cards close to the chest. But I also would of been working extra hard this week with Delarosa on his footwork and decision making on defense. We got killed because of lack of size last week.

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:10:03 PM »
I was going to ask the same thing. If I were Lavin, I would keep the cards close to the chest. But I also would of been working extra hard this week with Delarosa on his footwork and decision making on defense. We got killed because of lack of size last week.

Would have to send Joey to Lourdes to improve his foot work.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 10:10:25 PM »
I suspect Lavin is pulling the tactic used by many, NFL teams (especially, Bill Belichick).  Obekpa and Branch may not be 100%, but they might be in better condition than Lavin is letting on.  I always felt Obekpa would play, but I wasn't sure about Branch. 

Regardless, there is a bit of head game going on with Lavin, IMO.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 10:10:59 PM »

If he wants to fix Delarosa before tomorrow afternoon, he's gonna need a miracle.

boo3

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 10:13:57 PM »
 I spoke with someone close to team on Tuesday ( sure you  could figure it out)   He said Branch is good to go..  Like I mentioned in another thread..  Chris is hurt worse than people think..   He's pretty hobbled still..  They are concerned.

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 10:26:13 PM »
I spoke with someone close to team on Tuesday ( sure you  could figure it out)   He said Branch is good to go..  Like I mentioned in another thread..  Chris is hurt worse than people think..   He's pretty hobbled still..  They are concerned.

I hate to hear that.  We need both of 'em, but if I had to choose, then we need Obekpa more than Branch.  We have our share of guards, but we're limited in the bigs department, and no Obekpa hurts us tremendously.

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 11:09:38 PM »

I hate to hear that.  We need both of 'em, but if I had to choose, then we need Obekpa more than Branch.  We have our share of guards, but we're limited in the bigs department, and no Obekpa hurts us tremendously.
u don't think Chris has ever been truly healed from the initial injuries, or else it wouldn't have popped up again.

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 11:09:45 PM »
I'd sit Obekpa if he's less than 90%.

Need him more for the big dance.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

desco80

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 11:17:54 PM »

u don't think Chris has ever been truly healed from the initial injuries, or else it wouldn't have popped up again.

I think it's a different ankle, but I could be wrong.

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 11:31:57 PM »

I think it's a different ankle, but I could be wrong.
I thought it was the same, but I could have missed that myself. He was much stronger coming into the season That it's a shame the end of season is turning out this way. We need him bad.

Wods317

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 12:35:53 AM »
Jamal will be out there. I believe Chris will be as well but who knows. I said I another thread that Jamal said he was good and will play Thursday. I am a little less familiar with CO situation but think he will play also. I also agree with Dave that if he is hobbled then let him rest another week.

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 01:12:30 AM »
It's a shame that Oblockpa got re-injured or an additional injury very late in a game in which we had a 16 point lead.  :(

Poison

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 01:23:49 AM »
What about Harrison? He's been banged up too. We're gonna need him if Obekpa can't go. Somebody has to rebound the ball.

MCNPA

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 05:19:36 AM »
Need to rest anybody that is shaky, especially with an ankle.  We need Obekpa 100% for NCAA time. 

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 08:09:37 AM »
Need to rest anybody that is shaky, especially with an ankle.  We need Obekpa 100% for NCAA time. 

I said same a few days ago and someone posted that the BET is not a throwaway game

TONYD3

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 11:10:08 AM »

I said same a few days ago and someone posted that the BET is not a throwaway game
I did . I want to win the big east .

ras

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 11:18:14 AM »
I think we have to go after the W with Providence for seeding and to rebuild momentum. The question would be if we beat them, do we want to rest anyone during Nova. I want to win a couple of games in NCAAs.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:19:09 AM by ras »