Injuries?

• 37 replies

Poison

Injuries?
« on: November 29, 2015, 05:00:59 PM »
Does anyone know what the story is with Balamou, Ellison and Williams?

QuanMan

Re: Injuries?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 11:14:44 AM »
There is chatter on Redmen that Malik might have a stress fracture, and that his along w Darien's injuries are significant enough to give the both of them medical redshirts. I think that we desperately need Malik's perimeter scoring to break some of these zones teams are putting us in. When Moose struggles from the field we have a very tough time scoring, granted Ron hasn't gotten hot lately, but BE teams are going to lock down Durand and challenge the rest of the roster to score, which will be very challenging. Darien getting an eventual sixth year from the NCAA can't be too easy either. In my opinion, if they can play, I want Malik and Darien playing.
Section 3
Section 116

Poison

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »
There is chatter on Redmen that Malik might have a stress fracture, and that his along w Darien's injuries are significant enough to give the both of them medical redshirts. I think that we desperately need Malik's perimeter scoring to break some of these zones teams are putting us in. When Moose struggles from the field we have a very tough time scoring, granted Ron hasn't gotten hot lately, but BE teams are going to lock down Durand and challenge the rest of the roster to score, which will be very challenging. Darien getting an eventual sixth year from the NCAA can't be too easy either. In my opinion, if they can play, I want Malik and Darien playing.

Thank you. And yes, good points. If they don't get better at passing the ball, they could lose every single BE game. Too many guys just stand there with the ball and think. We don't move enough without the ball, so guys aren't open. Some of this is experience, and some of it is how hard you're playing. Johnson lit up St.Francis, and that's great, because none of us could stand another loss to them, but we only have 2 or 3 more games against low level programs, and after that, Johnson and Mussini are going to have to work harder to get open. One of the reasons why Mussini hasn't been hitting threes these last two games is because he's not working hard enough to get open. In short, MOVE!

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »
Hearing Malik Ellison (foot) and Darien Williams (shoulder) will remain out against Niagara. The hope is Ellison plays Syracuse. #sjubb

Zach B tweet

Poison

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 01:28:48 PM »
Hearing Malik Ellison (foot) and Darien Williams (shoulder) will remain out against Niagara. The hope is Ellison plays Syracuse. #sjubb

Zach B tweet

Well, that's surprisingly good news. We need more shooters.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 01:56:57 PM »

Yea Darien getting a 6th year will be tough. I think Ellison would benefit from getting minutes this year than fighting for time next year. Cuse has been the target date for Ellison but not sure on Williams.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 06:17:35 PM »
A guy I know who went to Maui said he saw Darien having a hard time lifting his arm that he hurt. I don't know if anything has changed since then.

MCNPA

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 07:05:51 PM »

Yea Darien getting a 6th year will be tough. I think Ellison would benefit from getting minutes this year than fighting for time next year. Cuse has been the target date for Ellison but not sure on Williams.

In addition, I'm not sure it's worth it to try to get him a 6th year.  He's had injury problems and not sure it will help scholarships either.  Not worth red shirting Ellison if he's back soon enough.  This season can really get our freshmen more seasoned. 

QuanMan

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 02:40:34 PM »
Per Zach the goal for Malik was to be back by Cuse. Anyone have insight here? 
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »
Anyone have insight on Felix? Will he back for Creighton on Thursday?
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 01:46:01 PM »
Williams out for the year

MCNPA

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 02:19:23 PM »

I kinda figured that.  Better we have a fully healthy Darien Williams next year.

Johnny23

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 02:42:57 PM »

I assume medical redshirt so he still has 3 yrs of elgibility starting next season?

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 04:31:38 PM »

Darien Cuddyer

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 04:46:30 PM »

With Williams' suspect shoulder(s), I'm not counting on him ever being fully healthy or major contributor.  I'll take an adequate role plater and anything else would be an unexpected plus.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 09:44:14 PM »

I assume medical redshirt so he still has 3 yrs of elgibility starting next season?

Great

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 09:54:46 PM »
If Williams is out this year, you can't assume he'll get back this year of eligibility.  He already had a year as a medical redshirt, so a second year is far from automatic.  I think you can't even apply for it until you first use up your remaining eligibility.  Of greater concern is his ability to get and stay healthy going forward.  His shoulder issues may threaten his college career. Very bad break for him, and we certainly could have used a 6'8 PF with a solid outside shot this year on this team.  For his size, he is very skilled -- was never healthy enough this year to show what he can do.  I wish you the best, DW, and am hoping for a full recovery for you.

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 10:55:06 PM »

Great

Think he just has next year

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 11:59:48 PM »
Why's that, Baldi?  Would have at least 2 more years left.  Came in highly-regarded from what I read, and certainly looks the part (my view is that his play this year should be basically discarded, because he clearly was not 100% from the injury).

Poison

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 12:52:04 AM »
Why's that, Baldi?  Would have at least 2 more years left.  Came in highly-regarded from what I read, and certainly looks the part (my view is that his play this year should be basically discarded, because he clearly was not 100% from the injury).

Why do you say that certainly looks the part? He looked like our most overrated recruit in 25 years.