« on: February 02, 2016, 01:06:55 PM »
Going with Ahmed

Re: Next year's leading scorer
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:31:51 PM »
Mussini

Wods317

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 01:59:33 PM »
Im going to say Mussini because I haven't see any of the other guys play. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Ahmed, ponds or Lovett. Mussini will be playing off the ball next year and will have many more open 3's so I will go with him.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:59:59 PM by Wods317 »

Foad

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 02:01:51 PM »
If Mussini is the leading scorer next year we are well and truly screwed.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 02:28:52 PM »
If Mussini is the leading scorer next year we are well and truly screwed.

Most accurate thing ever posted on  a ST John's basketball forum

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 02:48:18 PM »
Guards will be scoring 80% of the points. Mussini and Lovett should both have no problem hitting double-digits. Ahmed is probably the best bet to lead the way, but we are probably talking 13-16 ppg territory.

Ponds is an alpha scorer...just a matter of when that starts. I think he'll threaten 20 ppg more than once in his career.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 02:50:05 PM »
LoVett, most minutes, assists, and points.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Johnny23

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 02:56:37 PM »
Ahmed, Mussini, Ponds in that order. Sima may end up in the top 3 too next year.

SJUFAN

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 03:13:10 PM »
Ahmed, Mussini, Ponds in that order. Sima may end up in the top 3 too next year.

No Lovett? I think he will be really good.

Johnny23

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 03:23:33 PM »

No Lovett? I think he will be really good.

I do too, but I think moreso as a facilitator then a scorer early on.

cjfish

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 03:27:46 PM »
AHmed.  Guard position minutes will be split up 3 or 4 ways but Ahmed will get a solid 30-33.  If only 3 guards sharing time Ponds may sneak in.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 03:43:53 PM »
Question is will Bashir Ahmed be Bootsy Thornton or James Scott? You never know with jucos.

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 04:38:08 PM »
You guys underestimate Mussini. He is a freshman and the only one who can dribble up the court. With Lovett, this kid will explode

Foad

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 04:39:21 PM »
Question is will Bashir Ahmed be Bootsy Thornton or James Scott? You never know with jucos.

What was wrong with James Scott? Loved me some James Scott.

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 04:42:04 PM »

What was wrong with James Scott? Loved me some James Scott.

Would be far and away our best player

Foad

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 04:47:57 PM »
You guys underestimate Mussini. He is a freshman and the only one who can dribble up the court. With Lovett, this kid will explode

If Mussini can shoot - he looks like he can but they don't go in and we've had players who look like they could shoot before - what else does he do well. Seriously. He's small, weak, and slow, both of foot and witted. His handle is sketchy. He rebounds pretty good for his size. He has quick hands. He's sneaky quick going to the basket. I don't doubt that he'll be a fine four year player but explode? As a freshman Gerry McNamara (cause he's white) was ten times the player Mussini is, he never exploded. 

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 04:53:24 PM »

If Mussini can shoot - he looks like he can but they don't go in and we've had players who look like they could shoot before - what else does he do well. Seriously. He's small, weak, and slow, both of foot and witted. His handle is sketchy. He rebounds pretty good for his size. He has quick hands. He's sneaky quick going to the basket. I don't doubt that he'll be a fine four year player but explode? As a freshman Gerry McNamara (cause he's white) was ten times the player Mussini is, he never exploded. 

I think Gerry Mac had to play point his 4 years?  It's tough getting your shot off as a freshman point, and SJU doesn't havent anything resembling Carmello. Right now, I see Ahmed as a question mark(eligibility wise) and Ponds and Lovett haven't set foot on the college court yet.

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 04:53:35 PM »

Playing off the ball with better players will def help Mussini but the fact that a 6-0 165 pound guy is really a true two guard does limit his future expectations.

Foad

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 04:54:16 PM »
Would be far and away our best player

Loved James Scott, he was money his senior year. Dopey Brian Mahoney. Felipe Lopez, Zendon, Roshown McLeod, Rowan Barrett, Charles MInlend, Scott and Tarik Turner went 14 and 14. And I didn't even mention Tom Bayne. They'd beat this team 99 times out of 100.

Foad

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 04:55:09 PM »

I think Gerry Mac had to play point his 4 years?  It's tough getting your shot off as a freshman point, and SJU doesn't havent anything resembling Carmello. Right now, I see Ahmed as a question mark(eligibility wise) and Ponds and Lovett haven't set foot on the college court yet.

Other than taking set shots that look like they should go in, what does he do well.