All time team

• 81 replies
Re: All time team
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 03:43:47 PM »
Some names the youngins' here may not recognize, but would certainly put them on the list, and above some of those already mentioned:
Sonny Dove
Billy Schaeffer
Mel Davis
George Johnson
Bob McIntrye
Ken McIntyre
Billy Paultz(man)

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »
WASJU is actually a cool poster, but y'all can search through the archives from several months to a year ago, and this thread is there.  This topic comes up about two times a year on both sites.  This topic actually reminds me of one of my aunts' who concludes my brother (mind you, he's 46 years old) is "tall," whenever she sees him about once or twice a year.  That's her same narrative for about the past 30 years or so.

How about using this topic, as a "Sticky" thread, mods?

I am sure it comes up whenever we stink. Best Dunkers, Best Frosh, All white guys, etc

Those could be better than "All Time" topics, IMO. 

Beats worrying about who will come here, who is eligible, who is sitting on a table, if we will ever win another game, etc, no?

Oddly, you mentioned this, as I'm not particularly sweating either of those topics.  I've mentally fast-forwarded towards next season, and will attempt to not get my hopes up too high 'til I see who's on the floor once our first

game tips-off.

How about which player got laid the most while playing here?
The favorite would be Mullin because he was the most famous but I would go with Harrison due to the advent of social media.

LOL 

That may take some imagination and a bit of digging. 

I recall someone mentioning Harrison wasn't on social media until last season or the season before.  He must've shown to be a Casanova, huh?   

derk

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 04:27:10 PM »
Some names the youngins' here may not recognize, but would certainly put them on the list, and above some of those already mentioned:
Sonny Dove
Billy Schaeffer
Mel Davis
George Johnson
Bob McIntrye
Ken McIntyre
Billy Paultz(man)

That's better. Now you have some of my guys in there.

Frankie Alagia
Glen Williams
Mel Utley

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 04:46:43 PM »
WASJU is actually a cool poster, but y'all can search through the archives from several months to a year ago, and this thread is there.  This topic comes up about two times a year on both sites.  This topic actually reminds me of one of my aunts' who concludes my brother (mind you, he's 46 years old) is "tall," whenever she sees him about once or twice a year.  That's her same narrative for about the past 30 years or so.

How about using this topic, as a "Sticky" thread, mods?

I am sure it comes up whenever we stink. Best Dunkers, Best Frosh, All white guys, etc

Those could be better than "All Time" topics, IMO. 

Beats worrying about who will come here, who is eligible, who is sitting on a table, if we will ever win another game, etc, no?

Oddly, you mentioned this, as I'm not particularly sweating either of those topics.  I've mentally fast-forwarded towards next season, and will attempt to not get my hopes up too high 'til I see who's on the floor once our first

game tips-off.

The favorite would be Mullin because he was the most famous but I would go with Harrison due to the advent of social media.

Laid the most? Gotta be Rysheed Jordan. He fcked everyone

Foad

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 04:55:00 PM »

Evidently Rico Hines did pretty well.

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 05:15:50 PM »
Did you guys forget how dominate Sir Dom was? His senior year belongs on any and every all time team.

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 05:18:47 PM »
Did you guys forget how dominate Sir Dom was? His senior year belongs on any and every all time team.
Especially if you are about 5 years old. Thought it was all time team and if so Sir Dom wouldn't even be on bench he would be up in the stands.

paultzman

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 05:31:46 PM »
Especially if you are about 5 years old. Thought it was all time team and if so Sir Dom wouldn't even be on bench he would be up in the stands.
+1

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2016, 06:12:08 PM »
+1
unfortunately this thread isn't based on one year and sir doms other years kill him, but compare sir dom's best year to artest's.  Sir dom killed it last year:

34.6mpg  52%fg  7.7reb  3ast  1.9blk  13.7ppg

34.2mpg 47%fg  6.3reb  4.2ast  1.2blk  14.5ppg

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 06:32:53 PM »
+1
unfortunately this thread isn't based on one year and sir doms other years kill him, but compare sir dom's best year to artest's.  Sir dom killed it last year:

Pointer would be a pro if he chose a different school

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 06:43:12 PM »
+1

You mean another sport, right?

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2016, 06:45:11 PM »
+1

You mean another sport, right?

Nope I mean basketball at St John's.

TONYD3

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2016, 07:35:21 PM »
Some on this board not only think  their sweat shirts from 1985 look good. They still think they look good in their shirts from 30 years ago. Sir Dom is a beast!

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2016, 07:39:34 PM »
Some on this board not only think  their sweat shirts from 1985 look good. They still think they look good in their shirts from 30 years ago. Sir Dom is a beast!
Funny stuff! But study your history young man!  :)

TONYD3

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2016, 07:43:07 PM »
Point taken. But don't mess with Dom!

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2016, 07:47:34 PM »
Point taken. But don't mess with Dom!
I wouldn't. Heck I wouldn't even mess with you! Too old and decrepit.

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 09:43:28 PM »
Keep complaining and I will put Matt Brust on a revised list. I showed mine lets see yours

Pretty much the same. No Postell, Harrison instead. Maybe Shawnelle Scott over Jayson Williams because he played two years. Zendon over Wennington because I never liked Wennington. (I'd probably take Werdann over him as well if he weren't made of tissue paper. I might even take Jeff Allen.) And I'd put Hatten in the top five over Jackson, he carried those teams singlehandedly  and was coached by a nice person.
Shawnelle Scott...very good but always overlooked player...one of better post players that SJ has had

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 07:38:29 AM »
+1

He is a pro

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2016, 09:28:36 AM »

Dom and David Cain are the two members of the stink for three years great for one team.
The crazy thing about Dom is if the kid with the phony transcript had been eligible he wouldn't have gotten the opportunity.

cjfish

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 12:30:24 PM »
PG Alan Seiden (before my time but definitely the best) in my time Mark Jackson....  Forwards,  Berry, Sonny Dove, Tony Jackson (cant pick 2, close).  SG Mullin.... Center, Leroy Ellis.  Others... Billy Paultz, a close second, Billy Schaefer, Joe Depre, Malik Sealy,  Mel Davis, Ken McIntyre,  Artest,  George Johnson,
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:46:45 PM by cjfish »