• 21 replies

Poison

Worst team ever?
« on: February 08, 2016, 06:56:54 PM »
Sadly, it's this one.

TONYD3

Re: Worst team ever?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 07:41:52 PM »
This team is worse because they play no defense . This team is worse because everyone regardless of skill is allowed to shoot whenever and where ever he wants. Norm Roberts kills this team.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 09:35:44 PM »
I heard Derek Fisher is available.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 10:02:11 PM »
to steal a quote from the great jungle philosopher choz4life " true dat "

Wods317

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 10:05:59 PM »
This team is worse because they play no defense . This team is worse because everyone regardless of skill is allowed to shoot whenever and where ever he wants. Norm Roberts kills this team.

This team is terrible because we have very little talent and a first year coach. This thread is just stating the obvious that everyone already knows.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 09:57:43 AM »
Actually, when I posted something to this affect a few months ago, I met with several whiny complaints, and people telling me I was crazy, or something for even making that comparison. Now, it seems like this could very well be the worst team we've ever had. The record says that now, but the season isn't over yet. Maybe they can get a lucky win against Depaul, and then some confidence?

I think they need some momentum going into the off season. Even if it's just playing tight games. If they can play without getting embarrassed, I think we have to consider that acceptable. Last night, this was not the case. Saturday, it probably won't be either.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:00:34 AM by Poison »

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »
This team is so bad, I'm afraid the fans will rush the court after we beat DePaul.

ras

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 04:06:14 PM »
The sad truth is, even during the Norm era ,no team was as bad as this one. Its getting hard to watch. We have to hope that w more exp and the addition of some nice pieces , we will improve every year.

ras

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 04:07:57 PM »
This team is so bad, I'm afraid the fans will rush the court after we beat DePaul.
If we beat DePaul.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 04:48:59 PM »
I gotta say I've given up on caring if we win or not, I'm only watching to see the individual player development, specifically ellison and yakwe.

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 05:14:20 PM »
The sad truth is, even during the Norm era ,no team was as bad as this one. Its getting hard to watch. We have to hope that w more exp and the addition of some nice pieces , we will improve every year.

Norm inherited a soph Lamont Hamilton and a soph Showtime.  Mullin inherited AA, Balamou, and Jones. There were also more low-lying fruits on the old Big East.

Next year will be a different story.  I don't think we should temper expectations  because of the current results.

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 06:22:15 PM »

Norm inherited a soph Lamont Hamilton and a soph Showtime.  Mullin inherited AA, Balamou, and Jones. There were also more low-lying fruits on the old Big East.

Next year will be a different story.  I don't think we should temper expectations  because of the current results.
The Butler team that killed us Saturday would be much closer to those low lying fruits. Norm proved he couldnt coach. Mullin hasn't proven he can. We have a tremendous way to go to 9th place, and a long way to go just to get 1 win.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 06:48:12 PM »
Missiere and Stanley were guys you could root for. They could teach guys on this team about heart, hustle and hunger.

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 11:51:26 PM »
Yes

Poison

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 08:15:47 AM »
Missiere and Stanley were guys you could root for. They could teach guys on this team about heart, hustle and hunger.

They were. They were also local tough guys. Stanley wasn't very good, but he knew how to play, and he knew that you had to play hard. Maybe for senior day, instead of a red carpet, they can roll out a pink carpet, and it can have ruffles on it?

desco80

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 08:33:11 PM »
I don't accept the premise that this team doesn't play hard.

I can't stand the shots that D Johnson takes.   But otherwise this team battles.  They're just not very skilled, athletic, or experienced.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 01:02:21 PM »
Stanley would probably be one of the best defensive players on this team

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 12:05:25 PM »
That's the problem...no one has come up with anything but an ole defense with one regular season game left.

Blowout losses to STAC, Incarnate Word and the Fordhams of the world along with a record breaking losing streak make this the most embarrassing season the school has had since the Coach Crenny winless season almost 100 years ago.

The St Jean experiment should be over.  Let Mullin bring in a defensive guru ala Al Lobalbo.  Please.

Foad

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 12:29:39 PM »
That's the problem...no one has come up with anything but an ole defense with one regular season game left.

Blowout losses to STAC, Incarnate Word and the Fordhams of the world along with a record breaking losing streak make this the most embarrassing season the school has had since the Coach Crenny winless season almost 100 years ago.

The St Jean experiment should be over.  Let Mullin bring in a defensive guru ala Al Lobalbo.  Please.

How is this season more embarrassing than the season in which the coach was fired, student athletes were expelled for participating in an orgy with a prostitute, and the team won fewer games than this team and lost more games than this team. Other than when those guys on Baylor murdered each other I'd be had pressed to name a more embarrassing season in the history of college athletics than the final Jarvae year.

goredmen

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 12:30:08 PM »

There is nobody that has ever coached basketball in the history of the game that would have made more than a 1 win difference on this season if they were on the bench instead of St. Jean. Talent wins in college basketball. We don't have much of it