Sampson

• 7 replies

boo3

Sampson
« on: February 22, 2016, 10:57:40 AM »
Jakkar to sign 2 year contract with the Nuggets. ( Vertical)

QuanMan

Re: Sampson
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 12:41:10 PM »
Nice! 2nd year not guaranteed in Denver, but glad that he got out of the Philly rebuild, the cycle would've probably repeated itself and they're still 2-3 years away. I expect him to be a contributor out West, he and Moe will matchup more often now too which creates great exposure and awareness for the program.

Still holding out hope that Dom gets a 10 day this Spring w Cleveland. They recently shipped out Jared Cunningham to Orlando at the deadline, who more or less beat him out for a roster spot along with Joe Harris this summer who is also now out of Cleveland.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:05:45 PM »
Respectfully disagree, a rebuilding, nothing expected of them type of team was perfect for Jakarr. Had plenty of opportunities, just couldn't differentiate himself. I hope he does well, enjoy following he and Moe in the boxscores. They are our active ambassadors.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 07:56:25 PM »
Right - The Sixers were one of the few, if not the only, NBA squad Jakar was going to get some run at.  It positioned him for this next deal.   I wish he would have stayed the extra year, but am so happy that his career is moving in a positive direction (I didn't see that coming).  Everything I've ever heard about him from SjU people associate with the team is that he is a great kid.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 10:24:59 PM »
Reading some of the Sixers blogs he seemed LOVED in Philly. People really broken up about him leaving. A great thing to see and a great look for our school.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 10:26:49 PM »
I think Nuggets are hoping Sampson could be Will Barton 2.0
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

QuanMan

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 11:25:53 PM »
Barton and Gallinari are both signed through the 2017-18' season yet Denver pounced on the opportunity of picking him up and beat Philly to the punch. That speaks volumes when discussing his worth throughout the league.
Section 3
Section 116

boo3

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 03:26:46 PM »
Teams will take a shot on Sampson...in this new NBA, teams are all looking for long, athletic wings....particularly ones adept at defense and 3 point shooting... I'm pretty sure Jakkar doesn't have the shooting part down yet, but his form is much improved.    He should be an elite defender.    He gets his chance.