Kyrie Irving - SG - St. Patrick HS - Elizabeth, NJ

• 35 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Kyrie Irving - SG - St. Patrick HS - Elizabeth, NJ
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 04:25:02 PM »
But is Russ looking at St. John's?  This staff is too far away from Irving.

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 04:27:19 PM »
he is. 

mkras99

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 04:40:32 PM »
st john's wants russ now.
Hopefully they're looking at him for 2009, rather than 2010, as the need is immediate.  I also wonder, given the current state of the economy, whether the funds are there for him to prep for a year.  If not, that should help St. John's case. 

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 04:51:04 PM »
Hopefully they're looking at him for 2009, rather than 2010, as the need is immediate.  I also wonder, given the current state of the economy, whether the funds are there for him to prep for a year.  If not, that should help St. John's case.

for 09 but i think russ is determined to go to prep (his grades are very good from what i've heard)

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 09:47:37 AM »
Funds from South Kent, you mean?  Interesting question.

mkras99

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 10:01:08 AM »
Funds from South Kent and whomever else is/was ponying up for his tuition, room and board. Can't imagine it costs less than $20-30K for a year there.

pmg911

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 03:35:41 PM »

for 09 but i think russ is determined to go to prep (his grades are very good from what i've heard)

If his grades are good..  is he just going to prep school to work on his game..?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 03:43:46 PM »
He says to get stronger/ pick up more offers.

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »

If his grades are good..  is he just going to prep school to work on his game..?
If he's got decent grades (90+), he can PG at Deerfield, Exeter, Andover, Choate, or Lawrenceville.

They have excellent facilities (blow the water out of any local school), play against quality competition, and have more than enough money to cover his costs. If his family makes under 75k and he is admitted, he can go to Exeter for free for his PG year.

LJSA

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 07:08:42 PM »
He says to get stronger/ pick up more offers.

Translation: He doesn't want to come here unless he absolutely has no other choice.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 07:07:30 AM »

If he's got decent grades (90+), he can PG at Deerfield, Exeter, Andover, Choate, or Lawrenceville.

They have excellent facilities (blow the water out of any local school), play against quality competition, and have more than enough money to cover his costs. If his family makes under 75k and he is admitted, he can go to Exeter for free for his PG year.
how's the prep competition at those schools?  are they up there with bridgton, south kent, etc?  if it were me i would jump at the chance at those schools; i'm most familiar with lawrenceville, and the school's a great environment.  but these are serious ballers, not guys thinking about being future academics/ businessfolks, necessarily - their focus is different.

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 03:19:02 PM »

how's the prep competition at those schools?  are they up there with bridgton, south kent, etc?  if it were me i would jump at the chance at those schools; i'm most familiar with lawrenceville, and the school's a great environment.  but these are serious ballers, not guys thinking about being future academics/ businessfolks, necessarily - their focus is different.
Exeter, for example, plays Bridgton, Brewster (loaded this year), Tilton (two best UConn prospects), New Hampton, Northfield Mount Hermon, Worcester .

Schools like Hotchkiss (Jason Morris, Derrick Wilson) and St. Mark’s [Erik Murphy (Florida), Nate Lubick (Georgetown)] don’t  take Pgs and play a more normal level of competition. Lubick used the weight room facilities to go from 195 to 240 and Morris is a fitness fanatic.

gonzalo

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 10:29:05 AM »

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »
I'm not sure we were ever on his list but he was definitely on the fan's wish list. He didn't even know who Norm Roberts was when asked.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 05:21:47 PM »
I'm not sure we were ever on his list but he was definitely on the fan's wish list. He didn't even know who Norm Roberts was when asked.

If for no other reason, this is why Norm should be fired.