CBS Selection Show...

• 22 replies
CBS Selection Show...
« on: March 13, 2016, 06:53:21 PM »
I normally don't post but did anyone just hear Gottlieb slam Syracuse getting in by saying "any team that loses to St. John's should not get in"

kjd01067

Re: CBS Selection Show...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 07:13:39 PM »
Go steal another credit card Gottlieb. He is a loudmouth criminal
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:15:13 PM by kjd01067 »

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 07:15:36 PM »
I normally don't post but did anyone just hear Gottlieb slam Syracuse getting in by saying "any team that loses to St. John's should not get in"

Unfortunately he's right this year.

boo3

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 07:15:57 PM »
He's right

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 07:16:56 PM »

Some are saying it's an honest assessment, and they are probably right. 

However, I WANTED TO BE THE REASON SYRACUSE WAS LEFT OUT!  That's about all we had left to root for.  Granted, not ideal, but it would have been nice to have known that we played spoiler.

But, more importantly, it gives every coach in America carte blanche to cheat.  After all, if you get suspended, and the team struggles, they won't hold it against you, so why follow the rules?

goredmen

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 07:19:04 PM »
So just like us in 2011, SHU is the 6 seed in the bottom right region playing Gonzaga with a team from Utah as the 3

MCNPA

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 07:27:03 PM »
Syracuse getting in with only 19 wins, having lost 5 of their last six games is a travesty.  I don't see any wins on their resume' that should springboard them into the NCAA including a totally overrated duke team not Texas A&M.

goredmen

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 07:41:10 PM »
Syracuse getting in with only 19 wins, having lost 5 of their last six games is a travesty.  I don't see any wins on their resume' that should springboard them into the NCAA including a totally overrated duke team not Texas A&M.

Agree Tulsa and Syrcause over Monmouth and St Mary's/Bonnies is a joke

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 07:43:23 PM »

Monmouths bad losses outweighed decent wins

goredmen

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 07:49:07 PM »

Syracuse has the worst loss of any of those teams... us

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 08:04:55 PM »
Monmouth hasn't played well in a while. They were great early in the year but really tailed off. This is the weakest Iona team in a few years and they are better right now than Monmouth. Iona last year would have beaten them up.

Great out of conference resume for a MAAC school and that is where I would be pissed if I was Monmouth. They did what the committee tells the smaller schools - schedule tough OOC. But the MAAC is usually a one bid league and as Baldi indicated they have a bunch of horric losses (plus haven't done well per the "eye" test of late)

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 08:07:05 PM »
Monmouth hasn't played well in a while. They were great early in the year but really tailed off. This is the weakest Iona team in a few years and they are better right now than Monmouth. Iona last year would have beaten them up.

Great out of conference resume for a MAAC school and that is where I would be pissed if I was Monmouth. They did what the committee tells the smaller schools - schedule tough OOC. But the MAAC is usually a one bid league and as Baldi indicated they have a bunch of horric losses (plus haven't done well per the "eye" test of late)

Bench mob can do the NIT dance now. Losers

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 08:25:55 PM »

IMO, Syracuse, Tulsa, and Michigan shouldn't have gotten in.  Probably, Vanderbilt, as well.  I think the South Carolina Gamecocks got screwed.

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2016, 08:26:09 PM »
Hate all you want, gottleib is 1000 percent right. Sad state of our program but cuse shouldn't have been in. Rewarding a team by disregarding what they did without a coach who was suspended is so backwards it's crazy.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 08:41:15 PM by shaun1345 »

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »
To me the Cuse shouldn't be in .

And to me they are the team that is always doing illegal things in recruiting and they get away with it.

If SJU did half the things that they do the NCAA would through the hammer on us.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2016, 09:26:20 PM »
SU's wins: A&M, Bonnies, Uconn, ND, FSU, Virginia Tech and Duke. They also had 13 losses, which is bad, but they played an unusually tough schedule this year, so that's why they made it.

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 09:48:13 PM »
As an aside, did that show s**k, or what?

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2016, 09:52:31 PM »
NCAA selection committee is a sham. Always has been always will be.

goredmen

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 10:00:52 PM »
As an aside, did that show s**k, or what?

It was horrible. Good thing the full bracket leaked online after they unveiled the first region so I didn't have to sit through the whole thing

MCNPA

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 12:02:11 AM »
SU's wins: A&M, Bonnies, Uconn, ND, FSU, Virginia Tech and Duke. They also had 13 losses, which is bad, but they played an unusually tough schedule this year, so that's why they made it.

Unusually tough?  Syracuse's RPI was 71.  In addition both Cuse and Vandy won 6 of 23 road games combined, including only 1-9 against the top 50 as one article pointed out.  Nothing unusually tough about Cuse's schedule.  And with only 19 wins, going 1-5 down the stretch at the end of the season with a first round loss, there is almost nothing that says they should be there in the tourney.  There were multiple teams left out with higher RPI's and better records.  This stinks of Big Conference home cooking...