Tomorrow’s game...

• 97 replies
Re: Tomorrow’s game...
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2018, 01:00:11 PM »
Funny how pro Mullin posters accuse the other side of repetitive posts but they do the exact same thing. If the posts are repetitive why the need to repeat your points  in trying to refute every negative post?

Really just one guy keeps typing the same post over and over again. Well Poison is getting there. No one should be happy I get that.  But again unless you have an agenda and were upset that the former coach was let go, what new information are you possibly gleaming from one loss to the next to keep posting the same thing.
Did you want to keep Lavin? I was ok with that happening. I posted as much at the time. It didn't happen. Chris Mullin is the coach.  I will root for him until he is gone. Then I will repeat the same thing with whoever is the next coach.
Dick- you have said that a few times already.

Ok lets assume you are not a crazy person. I know big assumption. Mullin gets fired or quits. After you wipe yourself off, what then? They are not hiring Lavin back. You have to know that, right?  Lets hear who you want to coach the team and how long you give them. Because you know that it will not be a coach that is going to command a hefty salary, correct? And as some of you are fond of saying about recruits not wanting to come here based off our terrible record, why would an in demand coach risk it to come here for not a lot of money?
So besides 'Mullin should quit", what coach who legitimately would come here do you want? And don't say anyone would be better because that is a copout and lazy.
Come on, show me you can add something besides "Mullin should quit".
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:00:56 PM by we are sju »

TONYD3

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2018, 01:20:44 PM »
Basically I would want the opposite of Chris Mullin. I want a younger guy who has some experience. A coach that is willing to recruit. A coach that emphasizes defense. I think some coaches are very strict with their offensive system, I don’t want that. However their has to be some system. Nothing like what we have now.
I would be fine giving someone who really wants it a chance. Maybe a top assistant from nova or another school. Or a current head coach at a smaller school.
I don’t want any coach that needs x and o help. This is the big east, the head coach should know what he is doing. As should each and every person called coach. Everyone coaches, everyone recuits. I know that is a crazy idea.
No use for guys like Matt. No use for guys like mitch. St. Jean can stay, but he sits in the back and listens and learns. I don’t think he stays. But he will be a good coach some day.
Plenty of guys would be thrilled for an opportunity. Rebuild is over immediately if you hire a real coach. 7 years later you can still watch Dwight hardy highlights. That shit doesn’t happen with Norm Roberts.

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2018, 03:07:30 PM »
Basically I would want the opposite of Chris Mullin. I want a younger guy who has some experience. A coach that is willing to recruit. A coach that emphasizes defense. I think some coaches are very strict with their offensive system, I don’t want that. However their has to be some system. Nothing like what we have now.
I would be fine giving someone who really wants it a chance. Maybe a top assistant from nova or another school. Or a current head coach at a smaller school.
I don’t want any coach that needs x and o help. This is the big east, the head coach should know what he is doing. As should each and every person called coach. Everyone coaches, everyone recuits. I know that is a crazy idea.
No use for guys like Matt. No use for guys like mitch. St. Jean can stay, but he sits in the back and listens and learns. I don’t think he stays. But he will be a good coach some day.
Plenty of guys would be thrilled for an opportunity. Rebuild is over immediately if you hire a real coach. 7 years later you can still watch Dwight hardy highlights. That shit doesn’t happen with Norm Roberts.

See you were almost there. Despite the fact that you didn't actually name a person but a composite of a person it was still going in the right direction. See a composite gives you an out to complain at the first sign of trouble since you can say coach X did not fit your description. Even with that you were ok until the end when you tried to convince me that coach Lavin was a "real" coach. Before he got here there were many complaints about that issue. And he did a very nice job that first year but after that not soo much.  But even excusing your Lavin love, if you guy assistant route, which I am ok with btw, how do you know that guy is a "real" coach if he has never actually done it before?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:31:05 PM by we are sju »

TONYD3

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2018, 03:24:13 PM »

See you were almost there. Despite the fact that you didn't actually name a person but a composite of a person it was still going in the right direction. See a composite gives you an out to complain at the first sign of trouble since you can say coach X did not fit your description. Even with that you were ok until the end when you tried to convince me that coach Lavin was a "real" coach. Before he got here their were many complaints about that issue. And he did a very nice job that first year but after that not soo much.  But even excusing your Lavin love, if you guy assistant route, which I am ok with btw, how do you know that guy is a "rea" coach if he has never actually done it before?
I Don’t want the guy from Iona. I don’t like his style. That is a personal preference. DANNY Hurley plays defense. Never saw Rhode Island play. Never really watched Albany play either . I know little about those guys. So I have no guy for you.
I didn’t think norm was a good coach. But I thought he really tried. I think Steve Lavin was an ok coach who recruited very good players. I don’t think Chris Mullin is a coach at all. That is why I hate him.
The guy at SUNY farmingdale is better, as is every coach in the country

Poison

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2018, 03:31:42 PM »
Will Brown

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2018, 03:41:23 PM »

See you were almost there. Despite the fact that you didn't actually name a person but a composite of a person it was still going in the right direction. See a composite gives you an out to complain at the first sign of trouble since you can say coach X did not fit your description. Even with that you were ok until the end when you tried to convince me that coach Lavin was a "real" coach. Before he got here their were many complaints about that issue. And he did a very nice job that first year but after that not soo much.  But even excusing your Lavin love, if you guy assistant route, which I am ok with btw, how do you know that guy is a "rea" coach if he has never actually done it before?
I Don’t want the guy from Iona. I don’t like his style. That is a personal preference. DANNY Hurley plays defense. Never saw Rhode Island play. Never really watched Albany play either . I know little about those guys. So I have no guy for you.
I didn’t think norm was a good coach. But I thought he really tried. I think Steve Lavin was an ok coach who recruited very good players. I don’t think Chris Mullin is a coach at all. That is why I hate him.
The guy at SUNY farmingdale is better, as is every coach in the country

Results wise everyone is better than Mullin at this point.
Most likely not getting a Hurley. Probably looking at an assistant somewhere or Cluess or Brown.
Maybe they will be better, I will even give you the "they can't be worse". But they sure as hell can be bad especially coming in with a depleted roster.
Again for the last time forget the whole he is Chris Mullin thing and just understand that no matter what you win after next year.
Either Mullin figures stuff out and surprises a bunch of people. Or he doesn't and he goes away. Either way you win right?

I will say this, if Ponds leaves for whatever reason than maybe all bets will or should be off.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:42:34 PM by we are sju »

TONYD3

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
Only 10 games in. I believe 8 more beatdowns. Plus duke. I am hoping that his wife or his brothers talk to him. He has millions in the bank. Hoping he decides to enjoy his life. I would be very happy to cheer for him at halftime next  season.
If he comes back. More beatdowns.

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2018, 04:24:16 PM »
Only 10 games in. I believe 8 more beatdowns. Plus duke. I am hoping that his wife or his brothers talk to him. He has millions in the bank. Hoping he decides to enjoy his life. I would be very happy to cheer for him at halftime next  season.

I'm more likely to appreciate Протестируй's postings in this forum than the pablum you continually spew out.

TONYD3

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2018, 04:26:07 PM »

I'm more likely to appreciate Протестируй's postings in this forum than the pablum you continually spew out.

8- almost 40

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2018, 04:28:05 PM »

See you were almost there. Despite the fact that you didn't actually name a person but a composite of a person it was still going in the right direction. See a composite gives you an out to complain at the first sign of trouble since you can say coach X did not fit your description. Even with that you were ok until the end when you tried to convince me that coach Lavin was a "real" coach. Before he got here there were many complaints about that issue. And he did a very nice job that first year but after that not soo much.  But even excusing your Lavin love, if you guy assistant route, which I am ok with btw, how do you know that guy is a "real" coach if he has never actually done it before?
You can't be that dense only F$ckFoad can. A real coach? Yes Lavin was a real coach albeit NOT (capitals cause sometimes you are so dense and like to twist my words which I am sure you will do anyway cause you always do) and I wanted him gone but it was a long time AC and then was paid millions as a head coach at UCLA. So yes he was a "real coach" but I would not have hired him to begin with. You say how can you say Mullin was not a real coach WHEN HE ACTUALLY NEVER DID IT BEFORE. That's how-HE NEVER DID IT BEFORE! So until he coaches he is not a real coach just like I am not a real movie star, rock star or any number of things. We hired someone who was not even a coach let alone a REALl coach. BTW I don't expect you or your side kick FF to understand the concept.

goredmen

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2018, 04:45:43 PM »

Wait, do you or do you not like Mullin? I can’t tell

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2018, 04:54:11 PM »

You can't be that dense only F$ckFoad can. A real coach? Yes Lavin was a real coach albeit NOT (capitals cause sometimes you are so dense and like to twist my words which I am sure you will do anyway cause you always do) and I wanted him gone but it was a long time AC and then was paid millions as a head coach at UCLA. So yes he was a "real coach" but I would not have hired him to begin with. You say how can you say Mullin was not a real coach WHEN HE ACTUALLY NEVER DID IT BEFORE. That's how-HE NEVER DID IT BEFORE! So until he coaches he is not a real coach just like I am not a real movie star, rock star or any number of things. We hired someone who was not even a coach let alone a REALl coach. BTW I don't expect you or your side kick FF to understand the concept.

Does a family member turn your computer on for you or do you have like a full time nurse?
Your tag team partner in tedium is the person who keeps asking for a "real coach" and then said he would take an assistant somewhere which would you know sort of  be the exact opposite of what he was asking for.
We get it you and Tony and Poison and a few others hate Mullin. But what is your solution because we all know you guys will probably be the first guy bashing the next guy.
So instead of continuously posting you don't like Mullin, Mullin quit, yada, yada, yada, how about posting something, anything of value.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 05:06:29 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2018, 04:55:22 PM »

I never do this but +1

Foad

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2018, 05:00:35 PM »
Foad

Try and go two posts without mentioning me, because I'm beginning to think you're sweet on me. Trust me, I'll only break your heart.

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »

Wait, do you or do you not like Mullin? I can’t tell

You get one too +1

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2018, 05:57:24 PM »

Does a family member turn your computer on for you or do you have like a full time nurse?
Your tag team partner in tedium is the person who keeps asking for a "real coach" and then said he would take an assistant somewhere which would you know sort of  be the exact opposite of what he was asking for.
We get it you and Tony and Poison and a few others hate Mullin. But what is your solution because we all know you guys will probably be the first guy bashing the next guy.
So instead of continuously posting you don't like Mullin, Mullin quit, yada, yada, yada, how about posting something, anything of value.

Just as I predicted-too dense to get the concept. Twisted my words as usual. My post strictly addressed meaning of a real coach but you go down a completely different path. You really are a Fing nice person.

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2018, 05:59:34 PM »
Foad

Try and go two posts without mentioning me, because I'm beginning to think you're sweet on me. Trust me, I'll only break your heart.
Thanks for the attention. I luv Foad. I luv Foad.

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2018, 06:05:49 PM »

Just as I predicted-too dense to get the concept. Twisted my words as usual. My post strictly addressed meaning of a real coach but you go down a completely different path. You really are a Fing nice person.

Wow, twisted what ?
I was quoting your boyfriend about a real coach. I am guessing he meant someone with experience, something Mullin didn't have. But that rules out an assistant which is what he then mentioned as an option. So he contradicted himself which is what I was pointing out.
I am not sure what you are blabbering on about, but then again you are really old so it might just be about soup or something?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:06:43 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2018, 06:18:55 PM »

Wow, twisted what ?
I was quoting your boyfriend about a real coach. I am guessing he meant someone with experience, something Mullin didn't have. But that rules out an assistant which is what he then mentioned as an option. So he contradicted himself which is what I was pointing out.
I am not sure what you are blabbering on about, but then again you are really old so it might just be about soup or something?
So you quoted my post, directed your comments at me but were referring to another poster's post. Oh, OK. Your father and mother are probably 20 plus years older than you. Do you make disrespectful comments to them because of their age? I guess I was guilty of the same thing though by calling you a nice person. That is disrespectful to nice persons.  ;) :) The emojis are because I am not as angry as I might sound just frustrated with the program and you.  ;) :) I'm sure you're a good dude (oops did I just date myself)  ;) :)

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2018, 06:23:12 PM »

Wow, twisted what ?
So you quoted my post, directed your comments at me but were referring to another poster's post. Oh, OK. Your father and mother are probably 20 plus years older than you. Do you make disrespectful comments to them because of their age? I guess I was guilty of the same thing though by calling you a nice person. That is disrespectful to nice persons.  ;) :) The emojis are because I am not as angry as I might sound just frustrated with the program and you.  ;) :) I'm sure you're a good dude (oops did I just date myself)  ;) :)

You started the insults and I quoted Tony, YOU quoted me.
And you did make me feel guilty about age thing by bringing up my pops, so I will apologize for that.